Marlins 2010 Holiday Pack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlins 2010 Holiday Pack

For those of you thinking about the new Holiday pack the Marlins are offering, here's some info:

*They will be in the lower level, where the Picnic Area used to be (Sections 134, 135 and 138). These seats will be available for individual game purchase as well.

*You get one game out of each homestand, but you don't get to pick the game, they have already chosen the games for you. Here are the dates that are valid for this promotion:

Friday, April 9, 2010 vs LAD (Opening Night - it's not the same as Opening day, but oh well)

Wednesday, April 14, 2010 vs CIN

Monday, April 26, 2010 vs SD

Friday, April 30, 2010 vs WAS

Tuesday, May, 4, 2010 vs SF

Thursday, May 13, 2010 vs NYM

Monday, May 17, 2010 vs AZ

Tuesday, May 25, 2010 vs ATL

Sunday, May 30, 2010 vs PHI

Wednesday, June 2, 2010 vs MIL

Tuesday, June 15, 2010 vs TEX

Sunday, June 20, 2010 vs TB

Sunday, June 27, 2010 vs SD

Wednesday, June 30, 2010 vs NYM

Friday, July 16, 2010 vs WAS

Wednesday, July 21, 2010 vs CR

Sunday, July 25, 2010 vs ATL

Tuesday, August 3, 2010 vs PHI

Sunday, August,8, 2010 vs STL

Friday, August20, 2010 vs HOU

Monday, August, 30, 2010 vs WAS

Sunday, September 5, 2010 vs ATL

Tuesday, September 14, 2010 vs PHI

Sunday, September, 19, 2010 vs CHI

Wednesday, September, 22, 2010 vs NYM

Sunday, October, 3, 2010 vs PIT (Last day of the season)

Breakdown:
    FRIDAYS - 4

SUNDAYS - 8

OTHER WEEK-DAYS - 14

NO SATURDAY GAMES

The price of the package is $150 which is not a bad deal, since it averages to just under $6 a game for a lower level ticket, but obviously more than half the games are weeknight games and the majority just like the weekend games - and NO saturday games are included.

Just wanted to pass along this info I got from the sales rep.

The Florida Marlins inconvenient gamedays/awkward seat location pack!
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

Originally posted by Chewie View Post
      The Florida Marlins inconvenient gamedays/awkward seat location pack!
      I consider this the "we just want people in the park, so yea we'll sell you this seat and don't care if you walk four sections over to the infield" package.

Comment

Originally posted by lou View Post
        I consider this the "we just want people in the park, so yea we'll sell you this seat and don't care if you walk four sections over to the infield" package.
        true!

Comment

You know what the Marlins should do, and I'm 95% sure this is probably a good idea: go to general admission seating.

Make the first 10 rows or 6 or whatever season ticket seats. Keep the green seats and batters box the way they are, I'm just talking about the regular 100 level seats. Those designated rows are reserved seating (as in, lou owns seats x-y in row z). Make the rest of the entire stadium general admission. We sell 5,000 full season equivalents, approximately 2-300 of which are in the batter's box/founder's field, and those 2-300 have to account for at least 1/4 of their season ticket revenue. It's a great idea and it'd make the Marlins one of those quirky throwback stories. Maybe tier the GA for infield/outfield, but other than that, go for it. I think it'd work, and it's not like we wouldn't still get the 1.3 million fans or whatever it is anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Swift View Post
            You know what the Marlins should do, and I'm 95% sure this is probably a good idea: go to general admission seating.

Make the first 10 rows or 6 or whatever season ticket seats. Keep the green seats and batters box the way they are, I'm just talking about the regular 100 level seats. Those designated rows are reserved seating (as in, lou owns seats x-y in row z). Make the rest of the entire stadium general admission. We sell 5,000 full season equivalents, approximately 2-300 of which are in the batter's box/founder's field, and those 2-300 have to account for at least 1/4 of their season ticket revenue. It's a great idea and it'd make the Marlins one of those quirky throwback stories. Maybe tier the GA for infield/outfield, but other than that, go for it. I think it'd work, and it's not like we wouldn't still get the 1.3 million fans or whatever it is anyway.
            San Francisco isn't doing this, but they are doing a quirky pricing thing they call "airline seating" for a couple of sections in the Upper Deck. I'm not sure exactly how it works, but there are no set prices per section, it's more like they set a very low minimum (like $5.77 per ticket with the marlins or whatever) and let the market decide through demand how much those seats are worth. I'm guessing some sort of auction listing where if you have hypothetically 1,000 tickets to sell, whoever has the 1,000 highest bids win the seats regardless if the top bid is $35, and the 1,000 bid is $17. From what I remember reading, the weekday games are very low in price and they rise dramatically during weekends or marquee matchups. Maybe call this a quasi, "pay what you want" pricing structure. For us, if people only want to pay $5 instead of $12 for a upper deck reserved seat for a Mon-Thursday game, why not?

Comment

Well if they do it like the airline there's a sales threshold. Whatever the minimum is, after 20 sales or 100 or whatever the threshold is set to, increases to the next tier and on and on until a sellout.

That'd work for most market, but not Meeame. That's just another reason to not go to a game. Remember, we're still the only market with rain, traffic and heat in the summer. Bless their hearts for going to a game at all.

Comment

I bet they'd sell a lot of tickets if they had a "beer and ticket for $10" deal.
                --------------------
                Landshark Beer!

(I know the name changes soon. Just saying!)
                Last edited by lou; 12-01-2009, 02:56 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

But there's no incentive to do something like that when they don't control concessions.

The reason I think the GA would be a windfall would be a need for fewer ushers (which is a cost coming directly from the Marlins). More of an incentive to buy season tickets (so then the best seats really are yours) and, theoretically, the Marlins would have no incentive to drag out games during rainy days. Bad weather games can be called at 7. If 90% of the seats are GA anyway, giving the rain-check isn't a huge issue.

Comment

I'd be totally for General Admission, since it happens every game anyways. Just make it official.

Also gives people a reason to actually get to the game early
                    God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
                    - Daft

Comment

These are the games I go to most anyways, good for those boring nights when nothing else is going on. Plus, I usually buy fish tank ($13) and just sit in the visitor bullpen box because there is always a breezeway there where NO ONE checks tickets, like literally there is no one there. So doing this for half the price is a great deal. Only problem is idk how many of these games I'd actually go to. Prob 15-20
                      STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

Originally posted by Swift View Post
                        But there's no incentive to do something like that when they don't control concessions.

The reason I think the GA would be a windfall would be a need for fewer ushers (which is a cost coming directly from the Marlins). More of an incentive to buy season tickets (so then the best seats really are yours) and, theoretically, the Marlins would have no incentive to drag out games during rainy days. Bad weather games can be called at 7. If 90% of the seats are GA anyway, giving the rain-check isn't a huge issue.
                        You would have to charge higher prices for GA.

Infield Box - $28
                        Bullpen Box - $16

That's a $12 difference. Let's say there are an equal amount of INF and BULL seats and they meet half way, $6 more per ticket for a family of 4 is a lot of money. That is not even taking into account for how much each section sells on a daily basis compared to the other. I wouldn't be surprised if the Marlins sold as many or more Bullpen box seats in walk-ups.

Comment

Well, what I'm saying is that the Marlins have X income from seats, and going to GA won't kill that income.

If they keep the top-two tiers of seats the way they are (batter's box, founder's field) they're still bringing in approximately 1/4 of their income (batters are $325/game and field are $150/game). Even if you "lose" the founder's club, you keep those as season seats so you incentivize people to buy seasons (thereby getting a reserved seat in the first 8 rows) so while you may lose a family of four on a Tuesday night, you might pick up a father-son combo for half a season.

I realize there are problems that have to be addressed, like tiering it so it's not truly GA, but still, I think we keep at least static attendance and maybe pick up an extra 40K over the course of the season, since that's just 500 people a game and something quirky like this is good to generate some interest.

Plus, you also have to figure that losing the Yankees and the 120K or so we drew from them that weekend means we're going to look at a huge drop in ticket sales and interest for 2010.

Comment

I did some estimating based on the Marlins seating chart:

Seating Capacity

Founders' Club: ~1500
                            Infield Box: ~4800
                            Field Box: ~1480

Bullpen Box:
                            Visitor: ~2950
                            Home: ~3830

Total: ~14,560

Club Level:

A: ~3080
                            B: ~2850
                            C: ~1750

Total: ~7,680

Outfield:

Terrace: ~2950
                            Fish Tank: ~2070

Total: ~5,020

Lower Bowl Total: ~27,260 (Really close to what I've heard)

Upper Deck: ~15,120

Total: ~42,380

Comment

Working...
                            X