Marlins Finalizing PR Series, May Move 2011 Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Swift View Post
    So after finally getting over a decade long hump to get the stadium we then outsource home games?

Sounds like a Marlins kind of move!
    Like, I get it.

But.

MLB has been pushing for this for a few years. This isn't on the Marlins.
    poop

Comment

You're not dreaming, you're in Pwearto Rico.

Should've been the new stadium there. At least it will be a Mets series where most of the fans would have been all obnoxious Mets fans in our stadium anyways, now it will be a rando Ricans who don't care either way.
      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

Marlins to Play Series in PR Next Season

There were rumors of this lately but it was confirmed by Barry Jackson in today's Miami Herald, cant find a link but I guess you can take my word for it until i find something

Its the June 28-30 series against the Mets
        --------------------
        my topic got sent away :/
        Last edited by BigGameFish; 12-23-2009, 12:05 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
        STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

President David Samson anticipates the Marlins finalizing plans to relocate a June 28-30 home series against the Mets to Hiram Bithorn Stadium in San Juan, Puerto Rico within the next week. In addition, the Marlins are looking to move a series there in 2011, their last season at Land Shark Stadium before moving into their new facility at the Orange Bowl site.

The Marlins are no strangers to San Juan, winning five of six games at Hiram Bithorn as the visiting team against the Montreal Expos franchise before it settled in Washington.

"Our view of it is that with our ballpark coming online, there's no question in my mind we're the team of the Americas," Samson said. "Puerto Rico is like a home territory and should be treated as such. The fact we can get down there and play some games before our ballpark opens...we have a lot of fans down there. We were asked by Baseball if we were interested and we said absolutely yes. It spreads the game internationally and from our team standpoint it's important we have a foothold in that market, which we should have."
          http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_baseball_marlins/

Comment

Has anyone been to San Juan? Is it a good vacation spot?

Comment

Originally posted by Bingebag View Post
              Has anyone been to San Juan? Is it a good vacation spot?
              Parts of it are extremely nice, and then you look down the street and there's slums.

It's a lot like most large Latin American cities. They keep the nice sections really nice for the tourists, but there's a lot of really shorty areas.
              poop

Comment

Only thing I remember about the games in PR was Dontrelle clocking a HR I believe over the right field bleachers.

Comment

Originally posted by lou View Post
                  Only thing I remember about the games in PR was Dontrelle clocking a HR I believe over the right field bleachers.
                  Wasn't it a grand slam off Lima Time?
                  poop

Comment

That was at Shea.

Comment

Yeah the home run in PR was off an Expo.

Maybe Livan Hernandez?

Comment

I think it was Tony Armas.
                        --------------------
                        Scratch that, I think it was Ohka.
                        --------------------
                        Yeah, Ohka.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?....jsp&c_id=null

Actually, it was off a reliever, Jeremy Fikac. Ohka made the start.
                        Last edited by Swifty; 01-14-2010, 11:12 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Jeremy Fikac

Comment

Working...
                          X