Clear All

• I look forward to finding out what we can get for him from tjfla

Comment

• Originally posted by BeefWillingham View Post
      I look forward to finding out what we can get for him from tjfla
      You mean Ken Rosenthal.

Comment

• Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
        The writing was on the wall ever since this bullshit about wack offers came out. Maybe we won't get hot garbage when we deal him?
        Even if we don't, it won't matter. If we get any studs in the deal, we'll just wind up trading them five years down the line. It's a theme here that I thought would end when we got the new stadium, but apparently, it won't.

Comment

• im actually excited to see what prospect the marlins could get in return for him.

whats wrong with me?
          Originally posted by Matt Wilson
          Fish and Chips just became the smartest man on the board
          Tom Koehler(4-0)
          AAA: 7 GS, 40.2 IP, 2.66 ERA, 34 H, 12 ER, 17 BB, 31 SO, GO/AO 0.87, BAA .233 , 1.25 WHIP

Comment

• Originally posted by Fish and Chips View Post
            im actually excited to see what prospect the marlins could get in return for him.

whats wrong with me?
            Somebody gon say you have battered wife syndrome

Comment

• this is pretty infuriating, but will be less so if the pitchers/players they acquire are given some kind of long term deals or there is some indication they also won't be flipped when the stadium comes through.

of course, that won't happen, but it would make it kinda sorta better

Comment

• Originally posted by wanks1212 View Post
                this is pretty infuriating, but will be less so if the pitchers/players they acquire are given some kind of long term deals or there is some indication they also won't be flipped when the stadium comes through.

of course, that won't happen, but it would make it kinda sorta better
                That won't make it any less frustrating, as I would then wonder why they didn't just extend Johnson.

Comment

• if we move him like the idea of KC and some of their prospects and talent. even though really hate teh idea of moving him

Comment

• Originally posted by m26555 View Post
                    That won't make it any less frustrating, as I would then wonder why they didn't just extend Johnson.
                    Because he wouldn't accept a three year deal. I'm going under the assumption that whoever they acquired would accept the hypothetical 3 year deal they offered JJ. It would at least show they're willing to spend the money, so long as the years are to their liking. Which is a bit more comforting, even though their rumored 3/22 proposal is fairly ridiculous for someone like JJ.

Comment

• Yeah, but I would much rather them give JJ that fourth year. It's absolutely ridiculous.

Comment

• At what point does Hanley get pissed off? That's my primary concern now. When do they start building around him?

Comment

• Originally posted by m26555 View Post
                          Yeah, but I would much rather them give JJ that fourth year. It's absolutely ridiculous.
                          Everyone would.

At what point does Hanley get pissed off? That's my primary concern now. When do they start building around him?
                          That's a really good point. You have to think that he won't be too happy if JJ, Uggla, and a few other vets are shipped off for more prospects and he's essentially told "wait until 2012, we'll be good then."

Comment

• nice, we have a twitter war on our hands
                            Marlins There is going to be plenty of speculation about Josh Johnson being trade bait. From what I'm hearing, don't buy into it.
                            http://twitter.com/JoeFrisaro/status/6127997783
                            Originally posted by Matt Wilson
                            Fish and Chips just became the smartest man on the board
                            Tom Koehler(4-0)
                            AAA: 7 GS, 40.2 IP, 2.66 ERA, 34 H, 12 ER, 17 BB, 31 SO, GO/AO 0.87, BAA .233 , 1.25 WHIP

Comment

• Joe may suck at throwing what-ifs out there, but he is basically a quasi-extension of the organization. For something like this, I am going to put more weight in what he says over Keith Law and Co at ESPN.

Comment

• Oh I have no doubt JJ is on the team for 2010.

HOWEVER

It is still inexcusable we won't guarantee the 4th year. You won't ever sign a free agent pitcher worth a damn without guaranteeing the 4th year (and isn't that what the new stadium is meant to allow us to do) and you'll never consistently win asking pitchers in years 1-5 to carry you and then recycle. You want to talk about a true house of cards, this is it.

You cannot be a team that has (1) a desire and (2) the resources to finalize their "top" offseason priority and then walk away over something so mind-numbingly simple. Go back a month or two, Lou and I were debating how/if to add years 5 and potentially 6, and the real life Marlins aren't budging from 3. IT'S INEXCUSABLE!

I mean, listen, this is the guy, were he ever made available either by trade of FA that the FO would be wringing their hands about being unable to afford and how can we compete in a world where Ichiro is worht that and on and on. Here he is just asking for a 4 year deal and we're telling him to fuck off. You know what? Fuck us, fuck this organization.

Comment

Working...
                                X