Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just can't imagine an argument for Bonifacio over Carroll.

Carroll is, without question, the best defensive RF in baseball. He has far and away the best arm and that's not a question.

Even if Carroll falls apart, he'll OPS the .675 we'll be lucky to get from Bonifacio and at least then you create a premium defensive outfield, which is desirable given that we have a preponderance of flyball pitchers in our staff.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Wilson View Post
      I'm tired of hearing how Bonfuck has this advertised gold glove defense. I missed those advertisements. I'm not okay with giving him the keys because of those supposed advertisements. Prove something.
      Aswell as the fact that there are other scouts who say he isn't that good defensively and the numbers back that up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Wilson View Post
        2nd and 3rd are pretty similar defensively and he was 2.8 runs below average at 3b last year.
        Not really sure how you can say this at all
        God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
        - Daft

Comment

• I misspoke, and it looks dumb. I meant than in terms of impact they are similar, not in skills; regardless it doesn't strengthen my point. Don't expect good arguments while I'm at work.

Comment

• Loria, on the JJ situation:

Said Loria: "You know our organization. We don't negotiate anywhere else except in the office (not in the press, in other words). I don't have any comments on any of the process. We're going to do what we have to do, and they're going to do what they have to do. We do love Josh. We'll see what happens."

Asked if the organization has an internal policy against awarding contracts to pitchers that are greater than three years in length, Loria replied: "We don't have any organizational situation about any of that. We just don't. But you have to look at numbers, and statistics, and innings, and injuries, and all the variables. That's a decision that Larry (Beinfest) is going to make with Michael (Hill) and the rest of our team. Everything is always case by case. Hanley was his own case. Now it's Josh's time to protect his family."
            http://miamiherald.typepad.com/fish_...rey-loria.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Swift View Post
              I just can't imagine an argument for Bonifacio over Carroll.

Carroll is, without question, the best defensive RF in baseball. He has far and away the best arm and that's not a question.

Even if Carroll falls apart, he'll OPS the .675 we'll be lucky to get from Bonifacio and at least then you create a premium defensive outfield, which is desirable given that we have a preponderance of flyball pitchers in our staff.
              This is all based on the assumption (a rather large one) that Bonifacio is indeed gold glove caliber at 2nd, which he very well may not be.

I would say having gold glove caliber players in the infield is desirable to gold glove caliber players in the outfield, especially when you consider that with the projected corners being Gaby and Cantu, Hanley is our strongest infield defender. That doesn't bode well.

I think I'd rather go with the BC in RF Coghlan at 2B, but it really seems like the organization does not like him at 2B. Which is dumb.
              poop

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
                The Marlins are retarded if they do not give Johnson 4/$40-44, which is the going rate.

I'm done if they don't do this one. There are no excuses.

agreed.

If they don't get this deal done I will lose all faith in the FO.

Give him the damn year! He deserves it. Jesus.
                STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

• There is an insider article about trading Johnson, I don't have a subscription, if someone wants to add that to the trainwreck that is this thread.

Comment

• ESPNinsider articles are the dumbest fucking rumor mongering articles I've ever read anywhere forever

Comment

• ESPN.com's Jerry Crasnick reported last weekend that contract talks between Florida Marlins right-hander Josh Johnson and the club have broken down, according to his agent, Matt Sosnick.

"Based on our conversations, there's no chance of doing a long-term deal with the Marlins," Sosnick said. "We made it clear that it was going to be this year or it wasn't going to happen. It was now or never. And the Marlins agreed."

That does not necessarily mean Johnson will be traded. Owner Jeff Loria told the Miami Herald that the Marlins have no plans to trade Johnson in the upcoming year. "We do love Josh," Loria said.

Joe Fisaro of MLB.com followed with his take that the Marlins often do things in unconventional fashion and "would be perfectly willing to retain Johnson on one year contracts for his final two arbitration years."

According to a previous Herald report, Sosnick said he was expecting the Marlins to offer a contract similar to one the Kansas City Royals give Zack Greinke before the 2009 season: $38 million over four years.

Keith Law
                      Dealing Johnson not out of the question
                      "The Marlins actually have a history of moving guys early, and in Johnson -- under control for whoever gets him for two more years -- they have a player who is worth a major package of prospects. Think: two ML-ready guys, plus two solid prospects at the Double-A level. In Johnson you have a difference-maker like Halladay, but you have that extra year of control. He doesn't have Halladay's history of durability, but few do."

Comment

• http://twitter.com/jperrotto/status/6124903483
                        Keep hearing Marlins are very willing to trade Josh Johnson right now for the right package.
                        Originally posted by Matt Wilson
                        Fish and Chips just became the smartest man on the board
                        Tom Koehler(4-0)
                        AAA: 7 GS, 40.2 IP, 2.66 ERA, 34 H, 12 ER, 17 BB, 31 SO, GO/AO 0.87, BAA .233 , 1.25 WHIP

Comment

• LOL

Comment

• he gone

Comment

• The writing was on the wall ever since this bullshit about wack offers came out. Maybe we won't get hot garbage when we deal him?

Comment

• just depends on what they are offered, he is the most valuable starter on the market and letting people know he wants only 4/38 for a long term deal raises his value even more.

considering vasquez/haren/beckett with 1 year left on contract got 2 top 50 prospects mlb close and 2 nice specs pretty much what will 2 years of johnson get when people can consider him a 4 years done?

I wouldnt be surprsied if they didnt tell the agent or want the agent to leak he was "asking for cheap" so it could raise the value even more.

god I hate this club sometimes

Comment

Working...
                                X