Loria is a huge piece of shit.

Comment

LOL we're best

Comment

Website slogan: "There's always three years from now"

Comment

Originally posted by Longview View Post
          Website slogan: "There's always three years from now"
          The primary objection of the Marlins camp is to the years, not the $. If they aren't willing to go more than 3 years with pitchers now, it's doubtful their philosophy on long term extensions for pitchers changes in 2012. And if they aren't willing to offer long term deals for pitchers like JJ in 2012, it's going to be very difficult to build a consistent winner.

If everything that's been reported (Marlins only going 3 years) is true, this JJ fiasco just makes it seem like nothing is going to change much when the new stadium opens.

Comment

i know sosnick feels all fuzzy inside by saving the marlins a couple million, and believes that JJ can make 9 figures in the open market.

But does he realized that JJ already had a major surgery and wore down late in the season, and if JJ gets hurt again, he will never touch 8mil a year.

JJ's agent is acting like he is holding all the bargaining chips, but the marlins still have a huge chip on there side, and can offered JJ some security and at the same time, allow him to go crazy in the FA after 3-4 years, when he is still is in his prime.

I really hate sosdick
            Originally posted by Matt Wilson
            Fish and Chips just became the smartest man on the board
            Tom Koehler(4-0)
            AAA: 7 GS, 40.2 IP, 2.66 ERA, 34 H, 12 ER, 17 BB, 31 SO, GO/AO 0.87, BAA .233 , 1.25 WHIP

Comment

I agree, i meant that more as a Marlins slogan that could be used for the website, since 3 years from now is always when the Marlins are supposed to be good.

This situation makes me a lot angrier than a lot of the other ones have, i think its just starting to wear on me.

Comment

I don't hate Sosnick, I'd be trying to get as much money and security for my client as possible. And that's going to come in free agency, not with a nickel and dime franchise.

Comment

If Sosnick's demanding a 4 year deal based on Greinke's, he's being entirely reasonable. The Marlins are the ones being dipshits by trying to lowball JJ.

Comment

Exactly Mr. Wilson. His agent is very aware that there are teams out there who are more than willing to pay MORE than Johnson is worth.

Comment

I already renewed.
                      --------------------
                      Why can't ticket prices match payroll?
                      Last edited by Party; 11-21-2009, 05:26 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Wilson View Post
                        I don't hate Sosnick, I'd be trying to get as much money and security for my client as possible. And that's going to come in free agency, not with a nickel and dime franchise.
                        i have no problem with sosnick trying to get the most money for his client, but its him cutting off all extension talks after 2 calls than bitching about it to the media that makes me angry
                        Originally posted by Matt Wilson
                        Fish and Chips just became the smartest man on the board
                        Tom Koehler(4-0)
                        AAA: 7 GS, 40.2 IP, 2.66 ERA, 34 H, 12 ER, 17 BB, 31 SO, GO/AO 0.87, BAA .233 , 1.25 WHIP

Comment

Why was he wrong to cut off extension talks? Based on what's been said, it's clear there was a disagreement and that it wasn't resolvable. JJ wants 4 years guaranteed. The Marlins will not give 4 years guaranteed. What's left to discuss?

Comment

These guys are not notorious for being flexible on terms. The Marlins typically come to the table with their best and final, and say take it or leave it.

Comment

On the bright side, there is more money for Loria to pocket if they don't agree on an extension.

Comment

We'll also get a better pick in the draft.

Hooray Loria!

Comment

Working...
                                X