Rule 5 Draft / 40 Man Roster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rule 5 Draft / 40 Man Roster

In case you didn't know this Friday is the deadline for teams to protect players from the Major League Rule 5 Draft which will be held on Dec 10. and me thinks we will see some players traded or released/DFA before Friday. http://florida.marlins.mlb.com/team/...n.jsp?c_id=fla

Candidates to get traded or released
    Ross Gload (free agent but needs to be taken off the roster)
    Brendan Donnelly ( see ^)
    Alfredo Amezaga
    Renyel Pinto
    Matt Lindstrom
    Hayden Penn (DFA Candidate)
    Jai Miller (DFA Candidate)
    Nick Johnson (Do we offer arby?? if so believe has to be on until he rejects or sign with another team)
    Kiko Calero (See ^)
    Brett Hayes (DFA Candidate)
    Jorge Cantu
    Dan Uggla
    Taylor Tankersley
    Cristhian Martinez (DFA Candidate)

Players we are definitely protecting
    Logan Morrison
    Scott Cousins
    Jose Ceda (Supposedly he is at 80% at the moment)

Likely to be protected
    Kyle Winters
    John Raynor
    Jay Buente

Borderline
    Brett Sinkbeil (Personally I think we protect him)

Other players to monitor
    Jeff Allison
    Rodolfo Encarnacion (Not sure why he didn't pitch last year but use to have a 98mph FB)
    Kris Harvey
    Corey Madden
    Brad Stone
    Arquimedes Caminero
    Greg Burns
    Last edited by LocoMarlinFan; 11-16-2009, 05:59 PM.

Well, Penn was just put back on the 40 man roster last week so he won't be DFA'd. Should be interesting to see what happens with everybody else.

Comment

Originally posted by mbaamin08 View Post
      Well, Penn was just put back on the 40 man roster last week so he won't be DFA'd. Should be interesting to see what happens with everybody else.
      He was added so that he couldn't become a MILB FA. Depending on what happens with trades prior to the Rule V, he might be gone.

Just added another DFA candidate would be Cristhian Martinez. I severely, severely doubt they would DFA Hayes.

Comment

How about adding a quick list on top of "who is def protected." Like Hanley, Johnson, Coghlan, etc, so we get an idea on space. Just for simplicity's sake.

I would move Sinkbiel to "will be" protected, and Allison "likely." I want to include Harvey too, but who the hell is going to roll the dice on him.

Comment

Working...
        X