X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

we did it

Comment

Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
      Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
      Noah Perio
      Jupiter
      39 AB
      15 H
      0 2B
      0 3B
      0 HR
      0 BB
      .385/.385/.385

Comment

congrads CC
        Originally posted by Matt Wilson
        Fish and Chips just became the smartest man on the board
        Tom Koehler(4-0)
        AAA: 7 GS, 40.2 IP, 2.66 ERA, 34 H, 12 ER, 17 BB, 31 SO, GO/AO 0.87, BAA .233 , 1.25 WHIP

Comment

Yea, I will echo the statements how the fuck was he not on the ballot of some people. I'm cool if you want to put Happ, maybe even Hansen, over him, but to not have him on the ballot is absurd.

Do these sports writers just not watch baseball? I mean, they had to at least catch glimpses of him playing the Phillies and Mets nearly 40 times this year. Unbelievable.

Comment

Woo Hoo! Congrats CC! Well deserved.

Comment

Kieth Law was not happy that Chris Coghlan won.

LOL

Comment

Congrats CC!

Comment

A little late to the fiesta, but...

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Ramp View Post

LOL
                      He can suck my dick. Hopefully he stumbles upon this site and reads this.

Congrats CC!
                      --------------------
                      I just watch Keith Law's opinion on espn.com wow the dude just comes off as a super douche about it. Seemed like he was butt hurt over it or something.
                      Last edited by MiamiHomer; 11-16-2009, 06:35 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Wow, your right. MLB Scouts wouldnt want to look at Cogz numbers? Maybe that's why you are working for ESPN and not an MLB team.

Comment

Originally posted by Fish and Chips View Post
                          congrads CC
                          Originally posted by mbaamin08 View Post
                          Woo Hoo! Congrats CC! Well deserved.
                          Originally posted by Blackout Pact View Post
                          Congrats CC!
                          Thank you all very much. What did I win?

Comment

Originally posted by Ramp View Post

LOL
                            Didn't Keith Law come here in March and say we are a bunch of chumps because we LOL'd his 74 win prediction. Suck a dick. He should do better at his job because he is getting schooled by NNY and others here regularly. And we're lowly Marlins fans.

I fully understand McCutchen and Hanson are better long term prospects and in a vacuum would take either 1-1 for Coghlan right now, but WTF does that have to do with rookie of the year voting. Coghlan out hit McCutchen in more plate appearances, and Hanson only threw 125 innings. Happ is tougher to distinguish (but I bet Law would freak out about Happ's long term stability giving up 20 HR in 166 innings), but seriously. Coghlan was very deserving even if he doesn't have superstar potential. How about giving the kid credit for even being able to play LF? Sure he wasn't good, but talk about getting the call up and oh yea, play LF for the first time ever. The fact he could handle that and MLB pitching was pretty damn amazing. I guess "intangibles" don't count though. This is classic looking to much at numbers and not seeing what the fuck is going on.

Law said on the air, "his OBP wasn't very high for a guy with a batting average like that." WTF has that got to do about this year? Sure, it's a red light for the future, but fuck. Coghlans AVG/OBP split was .321/.390. .390 clearly sucks for a rookie. You know what that reminds me of? Ichiro career, .333/.378 and 2009, .352/.386. I guess Ichiro is "meh" as well because he is all average dependent (spare me any career arguments right now and we can expect Ichiro to do that, this is a numbers game to Keith Law and the numbers fuck him up).

Keith Law, suck a dick. Seriously. Your argument is terrible right now. I hope Coghlan rapes baseball next year to make you look even dumber. If that's at all possible.

Comment

bravo
                              Originally posted by Matt Wilson
                              Fish and Chips just became the smartest man on the board
                              Tom Koehler(4-0)
                              AAA: 7 GS, 40.2 IP, 2.66 ERA, 34 H, 12 ER, 17 BB, 31 SO, GO/AO 0.87, BAA .233 , 1.25 WHIP

Comment

Fair to say Keith Law is Steve Phillips Lite?

Former ML front office guy who got canned for not being very good who makes regular appearances on ESPN...

...maybe he's porking some poor intern too?

Comment

Working...
                                X