No announcement yet.

Frisaro: 2010 Payroll Will Be ~$36 Million

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think everyone would be in agreement that if they were to hypothetically move Nolasco, they would have to bring in another veteran SP whether in trade or in free agency for at least 2010.

I'm just saying, I hate playing the hypothetical game but very simply:
    Nolasco - > Young impact 3B
    Uggla/Miller - > Young corner OF + stuff
    Cantu/Dominguez/Nunez - > Young Pitching in any form
    $10 Million for 2010 - > Veteran Starter, Veteran Bench

Totally cool. It's a lot to swallow, but if they could pull off a series of transactions like this, I think we'd all be happy as long as the lineup isn't bonerfied.

Comment

Nolasco is going nowhere. Trust my instinct, I've been right about him so far.

And I think if he has a good season, we at least consider signing him long term. Whether that happens is obviously unlikely.
      Record when He pitches: 3-2

Comment

yeah I'd be okay with it, but only because I'm resigned to the fact that we won't compete in 2010, probably just be that pesky .500ish team. But the way that sets us up for the future is awesome. It's just so hard to look to the future with this team, because as awesome as
        C Baker
        1B Logan
        2B Coghlan
        SS Hanley
        3B Gamel
        LF Reimold (Or, you know, whatever similarly young talented outfielder you net for Uggla and Miller)
        CF Maybin
        RF Stanton
        is, I know that Baker and Coghlan and Gamel and Volstad will be in their arby years, Hanley will be at the big money stage of his contract (as will JJ, hopefully) and some of those guys will be gone as the team says "We poured a lot of money into this stadium, and Hanley's contract is hella big and eating us alive" or something to that effect. It's hard for me to get excited about 2012 when I feel like that's looming around the corner.
        Originally posted by Madman81
        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Working...
        X