No announcement yet.

Frisaro: 2010 Payroll Will Be ~$36 Million

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, they already traded Hermida. Uggla and Cantu are likely gone. No more Nick Johnson(even though he cost pennies it wont be a new expense in 2009). Nolasco likely wont make a big jump with his awful first half. Its really not unreasonable to think the payroll will be $36 million or less.
    Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
    Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
    Noah Perio
    Jupiter
    39 AB
    15 H
    0 2B
    0 3B
    0 HR
    0 BB
    .385/.385/.385

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post

Also:

/giveafuckbay
      Pot. Kettle. Black?

Comment

Yeah I severely doubt the accuracy of the article

We need to be building a fan base going into the stadium, not alienating it even more

Comment

Originally posted by Chewie View Post
          Isn't the league average just short of $100 million, and yet we're a bunch of cheap misers.
          Maybe when you add in the outrageous New York teams the "average" gets to $100 million, but I would bracket it like this:

Yankees $200 million
          Muts/Chicago/Boston $120-140
          Other Large Market Teams $95-110
          Mid-Markets $70-85
          Small Market $45-65
          The Marlins $36

So yea, we're cheap. But it's not $100 million cheap. It's more like, they should double payroll to low $70s cheap. Or at least give them $50 million.

A $50 million Marlins team, is fucking awesome.

C John Baker $415,000
          1B Gaby Sanchez $405,000
          2B Dan Uggla $7,500,000
          3B Jorge Cantu $6,000,000
          SS Hanley Ramirez $7,000,000
          LF Chris Coghlan $410,000
          CF Cameron Maybin $405,000
          RF Cody Ross $4,200,000
          B Emilio Bonifacio $415,000
          B Wes Helms $950,000
          B Ronny Paulino $900,000
          B Brett Carroll $415,000
          B ā€œVeteran 1B/LFā€ $1,500,000

SP Josh Johnson $5,500,000
          SP Ricky Nolasco $4,250,000
          SP Andrew Miller $2,000,000
          SP Chris Volstad $415,000
          SP Anibal Sanchez $1,200,000
          RP Leo Nunez $2,000,000
          RP Matt Lindstrom $1,650,000
          RP Reynel Pinto $850,000
          RP Dan Meyer $415,000
          RP Rick Vanden Hurk $415,000
          RP Brian Sanches $415,000
          RP Burke Badenhop $415,000

$50,040,000

Meh.

Comment

Bobbob is told to suck a lot of fucking ass around here.
            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

Originally posted by nny View Post
              We need to be building a fan base going into the stadium, not alienating it even more
              They don't understand the concept of building a fan base, so I agree with Frisaro's prediction that our payroll won't be much higher than last year's. It would be nice if he scooped more than his assumption, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Festa View Post
                Pot. Kettle. Black?
                Good song, but I'm not sure what Wilco has to do with this discussion.
                poop

Comment

You have to assume that the FO realizes it can't play the stadium card as an excuse for low payroll anymore. Even our manipulative SAM can't excuse another egregious payroll effort given the fact Loria finally has the "missing piece." This is the first season in which our future is solidified, so it's somewhat unchartered territory. They've done a good job brushing off criticism in the past, but what legitimate excuse can they give now for refusing to even maintain LAST YEAR's team, let alone pursuing a high profile acquisition?

Let me be clear--I know exactly what rationale management will give (can't pay more until we make money off the new stadium), but this is the first time Loria will ever have to address our low payroll without having his favorite go-to justification.
                  Record when He pitches: 3-2

Comment

You already gave the answer because it's still his favorite justification. Based on the current deal he has at Landshark Stadium, his "books" would be "in the red" if he spends more than X amount (x = whatever amount is convenient to the argument).

Comment

Yeah, he does have his go to justification and they have said as much for the last year that you won't see much of a difference with payroll until they enter the new building. They were ready for peoples like you to think they would need a new reason so they have been out there setting up their justification since we got the good news.

Comment

And then once we get in the new building I bet we keep it cheap because we had to cover overages.

Comment

I will not take that bet

Comment

why are we building these cheap fuckers a stadium again?

I hope to god they sell the team

Comment

1) I don't know - I'd rather the team just go somewhere else

2) That ain't gon be happenin any time soon

Comment

I think when the teams moves into the new stadium, they just gon come out and say they're going to cut payroll cause they like money.

Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

Working...
                                X