No announcement yet.

Logan Morrison, 1B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You are all being fairly irrational. I dont see the problem with what I said. In context, it wasnt an outlandish thing to say at all.
    Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
    Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
    Noah Perio
    Jupiter
    39 AB
    15 H
    0 2B
    0 3B
    0 HR
    0 BB
    .385/.385/.385

Comment

• That is all.
      Originally posted by Madman81
      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• You all are the ones being dumbasses in this. Yes, I was fucking wrong. But the prediction I made in the context I made it in was not. When I made it, it was widely believed that both the White Sox and Cardinals would try for his services. If they had, the Marlins had no chance to sign him. That was the context I made the prediction in. Them not offering him deals was not even considered an option at free agency. Yes, that is how it ended up. But not the general thinking when I made the prediction.

Fucking dipshits.

The Marlins had a chance to sign him, but ONLY AFTER THE FUCKING CARDINALS AND WHITE SOX PASSED.
        Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
        Noah Perio
        Jupiter
        39 AB
        15 H
        0 2B
        0 3B
        0 HR
        0 BB
        .385/.385/.385

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd View Post
          You all are the ones being dumbasses in this. Yes, I was fucking wrong. But the prediction I made in the context I made it in was not. When I made it, it was widely believed that both the White Sox and Cardinals would try for his services. If they had, the Marlins had no chance to sign him. That was the context I made the prediction in. Them not offering him deals was not even considered an option at free agency. Yes, that is how it ended up. But not the general thinking when I made the prediction.

Fucking dipshits.

The Marlins had a chance to sign him, but ONLY AFTER THE FUCKING CARDINALS AND WHITE SOX PASSED.
          How do you know this?

Comment

• Ahahahhehah

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
              How do you know this?
              Either way! His argument relies on the assumption that "it was widely believed that both the White Sox and Cardinals would try for his services," meant one or both was definitely going to offer, which is idiotic. Unless there was a 100% chance of the White Sox or Cardinals offering him a contract, it cannot logically follow that the Marlins had a 0% chance of signing him.
              poop

Comment

• Even if they were going to 100% do that, he wasn't required to sign there and even if he told Todd he would after mudding doesn't mean he would.

Comment

• Its common fucking sense. He had spent his entire career with the white sox and lived in St. Louis and had expressed his desire to play for them his entire career. He wanted another multi-year deal to stay with the White Sox but they only offered him arbitration after 2011. Those were teams 1A and 1B. Every other team was irrelevant until they both backed out.
                  Noah Perio
                  Jupiter
                  39 AB
                  15 H
                  0 2B
                  0 3B
                  0 HR
                  0 BB
                  .385/.385/.385

Comment

• But neither team was guaranteed to offer him a contract.
                    --------------------
                    This is basic logic, man.
                    Last edited by Bobbob1313; 07-26-2013, 04:34 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
                    poop

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                      But neither team was guaranteed to offer him a contract.
                      It was widely predicted both would heading into the offseason. Its not that fucking hard to understand.

Fucking morons.
                      --------------------
                      I apologize for tone.

I just grow tired of this bullshit. Saying there was 0% chance that the Marlins would sign him when the White Sox and Cardinals were both still heavily predicted to be in play is not outlandish in the least.

Everyone pretty much agrees that Donovan Solano sucks and shouldnt be starting and circle jerk eachother to that opinion until I share it as well and then its "oh, Donovan Solano isnt that bad afterall!"
                      Last edited by Todd; 07-26-2013, 04:41 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
                      Noah Perio
                      Jupiter
                      39 AB
                      15 H
                      0 2B
                      0 3B
                      0 HR
                      0 BB
                      .385/.385/.385

Comment

• But again, that doesn't mean it was 100%.

In order to say the Marlins had a 0% chance, you have to operate under at least two assumptions:

1. That Buerhle would sign with no other team but the Cardinals or White Sox, assuming they offered

and

2. That the Cardinals and White Sox were 100 percent likely to offer at least one contract between them.

Even if we grant No. 1 (which is by no means assured, but we'll grant it to you), there is no indication that No. 2 was true.

Ergo, y'know.
                        poop

Comment

• It was much more than the Cardinals/White Sox thing, too.

Apparently, you basically said that every team in the Midwest had a better chance than we did because he wanted to stay close to home. For whatever reason, you write all this stuff as if you know him personally.

Comment

• It's like someone who's really thirsty and thinking he's deprived of water peeing into his mouth and calling everyone stupid...

And then looking to his right and seeing everyone with him drinking from a purified water fountain.

Comment

• I dont think any of you are stupid. In this instance, you are greatly overthinking it.

Very little of what I say/predict is that egregious or outlandish. I am pretty even keel most of the time. I am wrong some. We all are. I have no problem admitting when I am.
                              Noah Perio
                              Jupiter
                              39 AB
                              15 H
                              0 2B
                              0 3B
                              0 HR
                              0 BB
                              .385/.385/.385

Comment

• Well, I mean

Comment