No announcement yet.

Logan Morrison, 1B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like Erick now for writing that. Even if it is probably wrong.

Comment

• Since Murphy doesn't seem to be able to handle regular ABs (hasn't had more than one AB since Tax Day), you're basically limiting yourself to a bench of 1.5 (because two of Bonertron/Dobbs/Helms/Cousins have to start). I don't think we can afford that at the moment.
      God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
      - Daft

Comment

• Originally posted by Brigham E. Pujols View Post
        Since Murphy doesn't seem to be able to handle regular ABs (hasn't had more than one AB since Tax Day), you're basically limiting yourself to a bench of 1.5 (because two of Bonertron/Dobbs/Helms/Cousins have to start). I don't think we can afford that at the moment.
        Good point.
        But Petersen can't hit, anyway.

If (err, when) they call someone up, I'd rather have Salazar.

Comment

• He has basically identical numbers as the guy already on our bench who hit a grand slam today.
          poop

Comment

• dwayne wise made bad choice

But Pete has a .256/.408/.462/.870 line in NOla right now with a 9/9 BB/k

If we remove someone (Which we very very very likely won't) there's also Ruben gotay, who's hitting .269/.397/.423/.820 and you gotta wonder about "Starting 3b?"

Comment

• Not everyone can transition from the minors to the majors.

It's obviously a rather small sample, but Cousins was actually playing this way last year, at the end of the year, when given a chance.

Petersen, on the other hand, has looked overmatched in his brief time in the big leagues. Like, he's literally been a waste of a roster spot the few times he's been called up.

Plus, I would imagine a right-handed hitter makes more sense, at this point. Helms is the only right-handed option off the bench, with Murphy being unavailable to hit/not wanting to use Hayes because he's the backup catcher.

I'm guessing they'll just callup Salazar.

Comment

• the point is Petersen is doing grossly better than last year (.686 OPS, 0.54 K/BB) - But, while this year is a very small sample size, he was well enough thought of prior to his fall off last year that he might be back to form.

More importantly is the 40 man roster spot. Morrison will be back and Salarzar/Gotay is out of options. Unless they're getting called up for potential starting option - and not a bit spot off the bench - I doubt they remove someone from the 40. Possible - and likely makes us a better team - but I doubt it.

Comment

• Nny has a point. However, if they do, which I highly, highly doubt, Reed and Hatcher are possibilities. Hatcher has done well thus far if I recall.
                  --------------------
                  LoMo is taking advantage of this haha:

Now that Im disabled Im going 2 need a nurse (4 feedings & sponge baths etc) Please forward ur resumes 2 @LoMoDimples. *Males need not apply
                  Last edited by Miamarlin21; 04-21-2011, 10:50 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
                  LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• Originally posted by flamarlin21 View Post
                    Nny has a point. However, if they do, which I highly, highly doubt, Reed and Hatcher are possibilities. Hatcher has done well thus far if I recall.
                    --------------------
                    LoMo is taking advantage of this haha:
                    Why is Evan Reed on the 40-man, anyway? Isn't he out for the year?

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
                      Why is Evan Reed on the 40-man, anyway? Isn't he out for the year?
                      Yea, I honestly don't understand that.

I guess the thought that some team would keep him even though he had Tommy John. I still don't understand why he wasn't put on the 60-day disabled list. Guess I'll never know.
                      --------------------
                      He's on a roll tonight:

Thats y u should always stretch b4 masturbating RT @briangarcia1993: LoMo get better bro. I once fractured both of my wrists @ the same time
                      Last edited by Miamarlin21; 04-21-2011, 11:46 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• they can easily create a spot by putting Reed on the 60 day DL, and I'm sure they will when the time for someone to be added comes along.
                        Originally posted by Madman81
                        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Originally posted by flamarlin21 View Post
                          Nothing to lol about. It's a true statement.
                          lol.

Comment

• I don't understand how LoMo can stay on point 24/7. This guy is great:

LoMoMarlins Logan Morrison
                            Im actually in the clubhouse going thru teammates lockers RT @GeneInMalvern: LoMo How do u keep ur head in the game when ur in dugout on DL?

Comment

• I'm on point 24/7

Comment

• clarkspencer clarkspencer
                                #Marlins Logan Morrison optimistic he can come off DL when 15 days are up on May 5. Foot checked out pain-free when cast came off today.
                                He is also auctioning the cast after getting the team to sign it.

Comment

Working...
                                X