X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by markotsay7 View Post
    we got Livan that one time
    With an owner that spent money, though.

Something tells me the "contract" they offer Chapman pays through 2144 at 0% interest.

Comment

Can we rename the building after him?

Comment

Would make much sense for us to spend ridiculous money on an unproven pitcher.

Comment

Didn't we somehow win a bidding war for Miggy?
          Record when He pitches: 3-2

Comment

Isnt this the same team that wouldnt pay a RP an extra $50,000 or even a better 1 Gave a nice hitting prospect $150,000 and then took it back

Chapman wants minimum 30mil no way we get him

Comment

Originally posted by Lefty View Post
              we also had Alex Gonzalez (who I believe Cabs was friends with at the time)

Also, he didn't cost $30mil

Comment

Also a different ownership regime

Comment

If Chapman would sign for say a ML deal for like 5 yr 30 mil I would say we COULD be interested but when a guy wants just that to sign its not happening in South FL

I have heard tho that we will start investing more in Latin America in the future

Comment

I don't like the idea of signing Chapman, to be honest. From what I've seen and read, he's a future closer.

But it would be nice to energize the cuban fan base. Maybe they'll come out.
                    poop

Comment

Originally posted by Lefty View Post
                      We didn't outbid the Dodgers, and he signed with the Reds first, but that was voided because he was under 16.

Us getting Miggy was just a huge convergence of serendipitous events, which we then promptly found a way to screw up once Loria took over.

Comment

it would be a great pr move if they want to try to sell more to the cuban market they are moving into. But, I see no way in hell we do that. We dont sign Fa's from overseas. We should go after them but really since miggy we really havent been that team that goes after international talent. Hell even the pirates seem more active there, maybe if mlb puts a cap on FA/ signings we might see it sometime.

Comment

Working...
                        X