No announcement yet.

Hermida to Red Sox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probably not many on this board. But you'd be suprised how casual fans' perception of him changes when more of his offensive prowess is shown on nightly highlights over the course of the season.

Comment

Can't fault the FO for getting rid of him. Love the guy, gonna root for the guy and I would have liked for him to get another year but I understand. They gave him 4 years and it just didn't work out. No matter what happens in the future with Jeremy I will not blame the FO for cutting ties with him.
      "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
      - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

Why isn't Herms a likable guy?

And im also kind of 'meh' on the trade, I liked Hermida a lot but you knew this was coming eventually and im actually surprised it took this long. Ralph pretty much nailed it.

Comment

I base my perception of a player's value entirely on how many times that player is shown on ESPN.

Comment

Originally posted by Longview View Post
            Why isn't Herms a likable guy?
            My guess is because he never showed much emotion (on way or another)

Comment

I don't think next year will be when he figures it out (I prefer that term to 'blows up'), but in about 2 years I think he will be an above-average player. It can't hurt him to be around teammates that can exhibit leadership and tutelage, either.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramp View Post
                My guess is because he never showed much emotion (on way or another)
                I remember he got ripped on the dumb board for smashing his bat after a pop up one time.

One reason to think he might "blow up" is his .815 OPS on the road (compared to .721 at home).
                poop

Comment

He gon play better competition now though.
                  This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

I always liked Hermida. I had no faith he would put it all together in Florida if he stayed with us. But, I'm looking forward to see what he can do in Boston. I hope he finds a way to get playing time next season, I only have 1 last year in Boston and I'd like to see him when a catch a couple games at Fenway.

Comment

Originally posted by CrimsonCane View Post
                      I always liked Hermida. I had no faith he would put it all together in Florida if he stayed with us. But, I'm looking forward to see what he can do in Boston. I hope he finds a way to get playing time next season, I only have 1 last year in Boston and I'd like to see him when a catch a couple games at Fenway.

HOLY SHIT CC MADE A GRAMMATICAL ERROR

Comment

It's more of a typing lapse but you caught something so kudos.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                          I remember he got ripped on the dumb board for smashing his bat after a pop up one time.

One reason to think he might "blow up" is his .815 OPS on the road (compared to .721 at home).
                          But, but... a player's ballpark can't be to blame for his performance bobbob, he doesn't deserve to be in the big leagues!
                          CSBC Commish

Comment

For what it's worth, BoSox fans aren't too worried about Hermida in LF as they've seen Manny and Bay butcher it up the last few years

(not statistically, just what I've been reading from fans)

Comment

Both those guys play the wall very well, though. Hermida won't do that and he'll have the brain farts of the other two (and with the weakest arm of the three).

Comment

The sirens make the post
                                CSBC Commish

Comment

Working...
                                X