Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cornelius, Espada Tabbed for Coaching Jobs

Per JCR:

The Marlins later today are expected to announce the promotions of Reid Cornelius and Josue Espada to bullpen coach and infield coach, respectively, as well as the hiring of Randy St. Claire as a pitching coach. St. Claire came to terms on a two-year deal last week, but the Marlins chose not to make a formal announcement until after the World Series once the remaining staff members were in place.
    In addition to the aforementioned trio, the Marlins have hired an outfield/base running coach from outside the organization.
    Cornelius spent the last two of his three big league seasons with the Marlins (1999-2000). Last season he was the pitching coach at Double-A Jacksonville after spending the previous five years in the same position with Class-A Jupiter.
    Espada, who takes over for Andy Fox, just completed his second season as the organization's minor league infield coordinator. He joined the Marlins in 2006 as the low-Class A Greensboro hitting coach and in 2007 took the same post with the Hammerheads. He had a 10-year professional career as a player, including most of the 2001 season with the Marlins' Triple-A affiliate in Calgary, but never reached the majors.
    Former Marlins coaches Bo Porter and Steve Foster landed jobs with the Diamondbacks and Royals, respectively. Porter signed a two-year deal to be the third base coach in Arizona and Foster will be the bullpen coach in KC.
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

So much for the Perry Hill pipe dream.

Comment

Originally posted by Swift View Post
      So much for the Perry Hill pipe dream.
      I believe the PBP had an article stating that the Pirates exercised their right to prohibit Hill from coaching for any other team in 2010.

Comment

I was hoping when I opened this thread it would be Yukon Cornelius tapped for coaching job

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Wilson View Post
          I was hoping when I opened this thread it would be Yukon Cornelius tapped for coaching job
          We're too cheap to hire somehow whose after silver and gold.
          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

Thought I read that Dave Collins had been tabbed as the new OF/baserunning coach...

Comment

Working...
            X