Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Citizens Purchase Full Page Ad to Thank Braman For Lawsuits

HE'S THE MAN

When most ordinary citizens do a good deed, they get feted with a bottle of bubbly. Norman Braman gets a full-page ad in The Miami Herald. The art collector/auto tycoon received a hefty (about two feet high, give or take) shout-out for his Quixotic efforts to stop local leaders from investing hundreds of millions of public dollars in a Florida Marlins stadium in Little Havana.

But that doesn't mean Braman's quest (albeit failed) went ignored. Ninety-seven pals and associates took out Monday's ad, which read in part, ``You fought the good fight and we appreciate all you have done.''

Wow. How does Mayor Braman sound?

``If a poll was taken of the most respected man in Dade County, I think most people would agree Norman Braman would win it hands down,'' says friend Bob Goodman, who orchestrated the $5,000 placement.

Goodman, prez of Garber & Goodman Advertising, says he had more names willing to go in the pot, but ran out of room -- and time. ``I was afraid he was going to find out.''

His plan worked -- Braman was ``blown away'' when he picked up the paper.

``I am overwhelmed,'' he said. ``I was very, very surprised and touched. It makes you feel good to know that you're not alone when you get into these situations. It's very difficult to fight City Hall, as the old expression goes.''

-- MADELEINE MARR
    http://www.miamiherald.com/entertain...y/1313164.html

Tells you how ass backwards he really is that he still gets his news from the daily paper! Hiyooooooo!

Thank you, thank you, I'll be here all offseason; don't forget to tip your Festa.

Comment

I'd like to give all those people that put this out a 'swift' kick in the nuts and/or vagina.

Comment

LOL, sounds like a plan, why not---LOL.

Comment

Working...
        X