Spring Training to Begin March 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Training to Begin March 3

Yes, there’s still baseball to be played — does anyone think the Phillies can win two straight at Yankee Stadium? — but the Marlins are looking ahead to spring training.

Check out the Roger Dean Stadium web site for tentative schedules for the Marlins and Cardinals.

The biggest change will be absence of any trips to Fort Lauderdale. The Orioles moved to Sarasota, forcing the Marlins to make more trips to the west coast than players prefer.

“Now, you’re taking about getting on a bus at 6:45 in the morning to drive three hours and play,” said pitcher Burke Badenhop. “And it’s not like (arriving at) a regular full-stocked big league clubhouse. Some of these places are few and far between. Not that it’s impossible to do, but it will put a strain on us.’’
    Florida Marlins open spring training action on March 3

Tenative Schedule

LOL @ the Hopper whining about being a major leaguer.

If I could neg rep him I would.

Comment

I mean, he's got a point... that will suck

Comment

No, no this cannot stand, they have to ride in a bus for 3 hours and only get paid millions for playing a game?!? THE HORROR!

Comment

It's not like he has to work an actual job or anything, I mean he gets to sit on his ass till March and then sit on his ass and nap or listen to his iPod for three hours on a bus and then play ball and get $400,000+ a year for that shit.
          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

I'm sure you guys wouldn't get annoyed by that at all

Comment

Originally posted by Ramp View Post
              I'm sure you guys wouldn't get annoyed by that at all
              Nobody is allowed to get annoyed at anything unless you're an autistic starving child with AIDs in Africa.

Comment

If you're making millions, you cannot complain. It's a factoid of life

Comment

Not millions, just careers/lives that are "easy"
                  God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
                  - Daft

Comment

Easy is all relative

Comment

I wouldn't consider anything that requires that much traveling "easy."

Comment

Originally posted by Swift View Post
                        I wouldn't consider anything that requires that much traveling "easy."
                        I would.

I'd be dafting bitches half way to belle glade.

Comment

Working...
                        X