Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AFL

Season starts Sept 17

Roster(Salt River Rafters with Minn/Col/Arizona/TB)
    VV Mesa
    Jerar
    Devers
    Neidert
    Aiello
    CJ Carter
    Vesia
    Last edited by tjfla; 08-29-2019, 05:26 AM.

Lots of baseball for J Encarnacion this year. Personally, I would have sent M Harrison for a third consecutive time. Maybe he can play some winter league ball.

Vesia had a great season. He seems like a sure thing for the Marlin pen very soon and should be an AFL All Star.
    Last edited by Lee Stone; 08-29-2019, 06:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lee Stone View Post
      Lots of baseball for J Encarnacion this year. Personally, I would have sent M Harrison for a third consecutive time. Maybe he can play some winter league ball.

Vesia had a great season. He seems like a sure thing for the Marlin pen very soon and should be an AFL All Star.
      Wouldn't mind if Jerar got some 1B time in.

All 3 RP we send are very solid

Comment

Started last night

Jerar 3-5 HR
        Neidert started(getting innings)
        CJ Carter 1 inning

If Jerar shows power in AFL he could be a major player for us soon. Can play RF/LF and maybe 1B

Comment

Last night for Salt River ... Alex Vesia 1 perfect inning with 3 K

Comment

Last night for Salt River ... Alex Vesia 1 perfect inning with 3 K
            Vesia is in same boat as Brian Miller. Probably should be in MLB and are better than guys ahead of them but don't have to be on the 40 man yet

Dylan Lee will likely get the call this year with Vesia tearing up AA/AAA

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
              Vesia is in same boat as Brian Miller. Probably should be in MLB and are better than guys ahead of them but don't have to be on the 40 man yet
              Brian Miller had a .680 OPS in AA this year.

Comment

Keeping an eye on Alex Vesia. Still perfect at AFL. The lefty had a whirlwind of success this season. Clinton, Jupiter and then Jacksonville ... even better at each higher level. Seems perfectly plausible that he could be a key man in the Miami pen by June, 2020.

Comment

Keeping an eye on Alex Vesia. Still perfect at AFL. The lefty had a whirlwind of success this season. Clinton, Jupiter and then Jacksonville ... even better at each higher level. Seems perfectly plausible that he could be a key man in the Miami pen by June, 2020.
                  I think he will be. He'll start at AAA, and be on the short-list for a call-up.

- - - - - - - - - -

Neidert had a really nice 2nd start as well in the AFL, that AAA rotation could be the most interesting in the minors with him, Sixto and possibly Cabrera.

Comment

Jerar has been whiff city. 40% K thus far.

Comment

Jerar has been whiff city. 40% K thus far.
                      Long season and playing against AAA/AA arms will do that to u

- - - - - - - - - -

Vesia should be on ML roster(replacing Conley!!!) but very unlikely for 1 reason(40 man spot). Dylan Lee/Castano/Will Stewart have to be on 40 man and Miami wants to get a look at them. Vesia can go to AAA get innings and IF 1 of them suck then he can replace them on the 40 man at any point

There is NO reason to call up Vesia and leave Dylan Lee or Castano off the 40 man this offseason

Next 2 years there is gonna be some weird things based on 40 man. Guys who should be in Majors but arent because of 40 man spots. I am NOT saying they wouldn't be called up but its something the Marlins are wary of

Its like Yamamoto this year. He probably shouldnt have been up this year but he was on the 40 Man. Next year Sixto/Neidert/Will Stewart/Mejia/Castano ALL will be on 40 man while Cabrera/Garrett/Rogers arent

Comment

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                        Neidert had a really nice 2nd start as well in the AFL, that AAA rotation could be the most interesting in the minors with him, Sixto and possibly Cabrera.
                        I don't see that depth chart yet. I'm thinking it's something like this. I could be wrong.

MLB - Sandy, Pablo, Caleb, Urena, “FA”
                        AAA - Sixto, Neidert, Yamamoto, Elisier, Dugger
                        AA - Guzman, Cabrera, Rogers, Garrett, Castano
                        A+ - Stewart, Holloway, Mejia, Soriano, ?

Jacksonville is going to be awesome.

I can really see this Aug 1, 2020 too:

SP - Sandy, Pablo, Sixto/Cabrera, Caleb/Rogers, Neidert/Yamamoto
                        RHP - Sixto/Cabrera, Guzman, Brigham, Elisier, Stanek/Steckenrider/Brice
                        LHP - Caleb/Rogers, Garcia, Quijada/Lee/Vesia
                        AAA Rotation - Neidert/Yamamoto, Garrett, Castano, Dugger

Some of these guys are going to have to turn into their backend bullpen and Sixto, Cabrera, Guzman, Rogers, Elisier, and Caleb (injury concerns with him) seem most likely (not in any order) so just suggesting some either/or scenarios. Performance will sort it out, but something like that is a depth chart I can get behind.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                        Long season and playing against AAA/AA arms will do that to u

- - - - - - - - - -

Vesia should be on ML roster(replacing Conley!!!) but very unlikely for 1 reason(40 man spot). Dylan Lee/Castano/Will Stewart have to be on 40 man and Miami wants to get a look at them. Vesia can go to AAA get innings and IF 1 of them suck then he can replace them on the 40 man at any point

There is NO reason to call up Vesia and leave Dylan Lee or Castano off the 40 man this offseason

Next 2 years there is gonna be some weird things based on 40 man. Guys who should be in Majors but arent because of 40 man spots. I am NOT saying they wouldn't be called up but its something the Marlins are wary of

Its like Yamamoto this year. He probably shouldnt have been up this year but he was on the 40 Man. Next year Sixto/Neidert/Will Stewart/Mejia/Castano ALL will be on 40 man while Cabrera/Garrett/Rogers arent
                        Yes. If I had to pick the best 40 man roster, it's probably this:

Alfaro, Wallach, Heineman (3)
                        Cooper, L. Diaz (2)
                        I. Diaz, Berti (2)
                        Rojas, Jazz (2)
                        Anderson (1)
                        Brinson, Sierra, Monte (3)
                        Ramirez, Dean, J. Sanchez (3)
                        =16

Urena, Caleb, Pablo, Sandy, E. Hernandez, Yamamoto, Sixto, Neidert (8)
                        Steckenrider, Stanek, Brice, Brigham, Guzman, Holloway, Dugger, Mejia, Milbrath, Keller (10)
                        Garcia, Conley, Quijada, W. Stewart, Castano, D. Lee (6)
                        =24

They are going to need to add a few veterans, so a few guys here won't be protected. Most likely the backup catchers, Brinson, and maybe one or two of the last few RP (Milbrath, Keller, and Lee). I'm not sure if another RP is better than Lee/Milbrath/Keller but I'd be interested in seeing if anyone likes one of the fringe guys better.

Vesia has no shot until after the all-star break next year minimum.

Comment

Originally posted by lou View Post
                          I don't see that depth chart yet. I'm thinking it's something like this. I could be wrong.

MLB - Sandy, Pablo, Caleb, Urena, “FA”
                          AAA - Sixto, Neidert, Yamamoto, Elisier, Dugger
                          AA - Guzman, Cabrera, Rogers, Garrett, Castano
                          A+ - Stewart, Holloway, Mejia, Soriano, ?

Jacksonville is going to be awesome.

I can really see this Aug 1, 2020 too:

SP - Sandy, Pablo, Sixto/Cabrera, Caleb/Rogers, Neidert/Yamamoto
                          RHP - Sixto/Cabrera, Guzman, Brigham, Elisier, Stanek/Steckenrider/Brice
                          LHP - Caleb/Rogers, Garcia, Quijada/Lee/Vesia
                          AAA Rotation - Neidert/Yamamoto, Garrett, Castano, Dugger

Some of these guys are going to have to turn into their backend bullpen and Sixto, Cabrera, Guzman, Rogers, Elisier, and Caleb (injury concerns with him) seem most likely (not in any order) so just suggesting some either/or scenarios. Performance will sort it out, but something like that is a depth chart I can get behind.

- - - - - - - - - -

Yes. If I had to pick the best 40 man roster, it's probably this:

Alfaro, Wallach, Heineman (3)
                          Cooper, L. Diaz (2)
                          I. Diaz, Berti (2)
                          Rojas, Jazz (2)
                          Anderson (1)
                          Brinson, Sierra, Monte (3)
                          Ramirez, Dean, J. Sanchez (3)
                          =16

Urena, Caleb, Pablo, Sandy, E. Hernandez, Yamamoto, Sixto, Neidert (8)
                          Steckenrider, Stanek, Brice, Brigham, Guzman, Holloway, Dugger, Mejia, Milbrath, Keller (10)
                          Garcia, Conley, Quijada, W. Stewart, Castano, D. Lee (6)
                          =24

They are going to need to add a few veterans, so a few guys here won't be protected. Most likely the backup catchers, Brinson, and maybe one or two of the last few RP (Milbrath, Keller, and Lee). I'm not sure if another RP is better than Lee/Milbrath/Keller but I'd be interested in seeing if anyone likes one of the fringe guys better.

Vesia has no shot until after the all-star break next year minimum.
                          Might have to move some of the arms up a level and put few as RP

A+ has Holloway/Stewart/Mejia/Roberson/Walters/Guerrero/Remey Reed/Soriano/Tanner Andrews as SP and a few "older" arms(SP/RP) in Low A who could be moved up easily

Brady Puckett will be in AA/A+ by June or July

Elieser/Dugger/Castano are all LR guys

Out of the HAVE to be added arms u got Eveld,Poteet,Mateo and Chad Smith. They love Mateo and Eveld/Chad Smith are CL types with FB but iffy control. I could see Tayron DFA and replaced by Eveld or Chad Smith. Same type of guy(97-100 FB) bad command but younger

Guys that could be added but dont need to yet are CJ Carter,Vesia,Vincenzo Aiello,Tyler Stevens

Comment

Working...
                          X