GCL Marlins: Game Postponed

DSL Marlins: W, 3-2

Cr.Rodriguez: 1-4, R, 2B, BB
    J.Paulino: 1-4, R, 2 K
    Cumana: 3-5
    Melenciano: 2-4, 3B, RBI, K
    B.Encarnacion: 2.1 IP, 0 H, 1 ER, 4 BB, 4 K
    Alegre: W, 5 IP, 3 H, 1 ER, 0 BB, 2 K
    Last edited by geemoney; 08-02-2019, 12:15 AM.

Unbelievable debut from Jazz.

Connor Scott killing Jupiter so far.

Comment

Really fun times to be tracking the minors right now. Kameron Misner just homered in a 3-3 tie in the 9th to put Clinton up 5-3.

Comment

Yeah that Chisholm debut is awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
          Really fun times to be tracking the minors right now. Kameron Misner just homered in a 3-3 tie in the 9th to put Clinton up 5-3.
          So true. All the sudden there are some potential hitters to track. I suppose the minors matter a lot more when there's virtually an entire major league lineup in need of replacement.

JD Orr has been pretty fantastic and should be in Clinton with his college teammate Burdick.
          Last edited by Lee Stone; 08-02-2019, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lee Stone View Post
            So true. All the sudden there are some potential hitters to track. I suppose the minors matter a lot more when there's virtually an entire major league lineup in need of replacement.

JD Orr has been pretty fantastic and should be in Clinton with his college teammate Burdick.
            Neither Orr or Ready were in the lineup yesterday for Batavia so I was wondering if they might have been moved up, but I haven't seen anything. Only problem is where do you play Orr in Clinton? The OF is currently Thomas Jones-Misner-Burdick. You're not going to play him over any of those guys. Davis Bradshaw has been kind of the de facto DH for Clinton so maybe Orr could take his spot. I know the Marlins like Bradshaw a lot, but he's really struggled. Maybe he benefits from some time in Batavia, though. That's probably what I would do, we'll see. That lineup would be super fun with Ready and Orr on it, and it's already pretty fun.

I got MILB.tv for the last month to try it out. It sucks that there's no app for it on any devices. I used the Google Chrome browser cast to cast it to my tv, though it worked pretty well. Watched a little of the New Orleans game last night. Isan looked really good, Heineman looks just like a pure hitter, didn't really see him get tested defensively at catcher, I was curious to see what he was like defensively. He kinda reminds me of John Baker, who we got a couple of decent years out of after making his MLB debut in his late 20s. Might be an interesting way to use that 26th man next year instead of speed OF guy, maybe 3rd catcher who is also a go-to pinch-hitter.

Comment

Luis Palacios update:

5 IP 1 ER 3 Hit 6 Ks 0 BBs

Fitterer was equally good in the same game.

3 IP 0 runs 2 Hits 4 Ks 0 BBs

Looks like we could have 2 pretty good teenage pitchers in Clinton next year.

Comment

Neither Orr or Ready were in the lineup yesterday for Batavia so I was wondering if they might have been moved up, but I haven't seen anything. Only problem is where do you play Orr in Clinton? The OF is currently Thomas Jones-Misner-Burdick. You're not going to play him over any of those guys. Davis Bradshaw has been kind of the de facto DH for Clinton so maybe Orr could take his spot. I know the Marlins like Bradshaw a lot, but he's really struggled. Maybe he benefits from some time in Batavia, though. That's probably what I would do, we'll see. That lineup would be super fun with Ready and Orr on it, and it's already pretty fun.

I got MILB.tv for the last month to try it out. It sucks that there's no app for it on any devices. I used the Google Chrome browser cast to cast it to my tv, though it worked pretty well. Watched a little of the New Orleans game last night. Isan looked really good, Heineman looks just like a pure hitter, didn't really see him get tested defensively at catcher, I was curious to see what he was like defensively. He kinda reminds me of John Baker, who we got a couple of decent years out of after making his MLB debut in his late 20s. Might be an interesting way to use that 26th man next year instead of speed OF guy, maybe 3rd catcher who is also a go-to pinch-hitter.
                Watching Jacksonville on your MiLB.tv might (will) be better than watching Marlins. Pablo starts there tonight.

- - - - - - - - - -

Luis Palacios update:

5 IP 1 ER 3 Hit 6 Ks 0 BBs

Fitterer was equally good in the same game.

3 IP 0 runs 2 Hits 4 Ks 0 BBs

Looks like we could have 2 pretty good teenage pitchers in Clinton next year.
                With Mokma make it three.

Comment

So I'm watching the Jumbo Shrimp. Lewin Diaz just hit a home run no kidding I think it was 500 feet. Commentators saying it's the farthest homer they've ever seen at the park.

- - - - - - - - - -

Pablo Lopez getting crushed.

Comment

8/2

AAA New Orleans: W, 10-6

Sierra: 2-4, R, 2B, 3B, RBI, BB
                    J.Sanchez: 3-4, 3 R, 2B, 2 HR (2), 3 RBI, BB, K
                    I.Diaz: 2-4, 3 R, 2B, HR (26), 2 RBI, BB, K
                    Brinson: 2-4, 2 R, 3B, RBI, BB, SB
                    E.Alvarez: 3-5, 2B, 2 RBI, K, SB
                    Marrero: 0-4, RBI, BB, K
                    Gunkel: W, 7 IP, 6 H, 4 R, 3 ER, 2 BB, 4 K, 2 HRA
                    Moran: 1 IP, 2 K

AA Jacksonville: L, 7-2

Mesa: 1-4
                    L.Diaz: 2-3, 2 R, 2B, HR (8), RBI, K
                    S.Garrett: 0-4, RBI, K
                    Seymour: 1-4, CS
                    P.Lopez: L, .2 IP, 2 H, 3 ER, 2 BB, 2 K, 1 HRA
                    Mills: 4 IP, 4 H, 2 ER, 2 BB, 1 K, 2 HRA
                    Vesia: 2 IP, 5 K

A+ Jupiter: Game Postponed

A Clinton: L, 1-0

Misner: 1-4, K
                    Osborne: 1-3
                    Banfield: 1-3, K
                    M.Rivera: 1-3, 2B, 2 K
                    Roberson: L, 6 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 7 K
                    Baird: 2 IP, 1 H, 3 K

A- Batavia: W, 6-5

D.Rosario: 0-2, R, RBI, BB, K
                    Johnston: 3-3, 2 R, RBI, BB
                    Ready: 2-3, R, 2B, HR (5), 3 RBI, BB
                    Schubert: 1-4, 3B, 2 K
                    B.Hernandez: 1-4, 3B, 2 K
                    Lucas: 4 IP, 3 H, 1 K
                    Suriel: W, 2.1 IP, 2 H, 1 BB, 3 K
                    Brabrand: SV, 1 IP, 1 H, 1 BB, 1 K

GCL Marlins: L, 2-1 (10 Innings)

Mesa Jr.: 1-4, K
                    Hampton: 1-4, 2B, RBI, 2 K, CS
                    Mitchell: 1-2, BB, K, CS
                    Montero: 1-3
                    Fitterer: 3 IP, 2 H, 4 K
                    Paiva: L, 2 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 3 K

DSL Marlins: W, 6-2

J.Paulino: 1-5, R, RBI
                    Cumana: 2-5, SB
                    De Leon: 2-4, R, RBI
                    Roman: 1-3, R, 2B, RBI, K
                    Ozoria: 1-4, RBI, 2 K
                    Melenciano: 1-3, R, 2B, RBI, BB
                    L.Lopez: 4 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 3 K
                    Valencio: W, 4 IP, 3 H, 5 K
                    Last edited by geemoney; 08-02-2019, 11:09 PM.

Comment

Just watched Jesus Sanchez and Isan Diaz hit back-to-back homers.

Comment

Sanchez just hit another laser-beam of a homer.

Comment

Alex Vesia has like 80 K’s in 50 innings.
                          Last edited by Ralph; 08-02-2019, 10:34 PM.
                          "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                          - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

So I pretty much watched MILB.tv all night. Watched a good chunk of the Clinton, Jacksonville and New Orleans games.

Here are some of my thoughts:

Kameron Misner - right off the bat before he did anything I could already tell why scouts love him. Kid is a monster, towered over everybody on the field and just a very athletic build. In a game where Clinton's offense was pretty much completely shut down he had some good at bats that only led to the 1 single, but I was still impressed with what I saw.

Josh Roberson - This guy was the surprise of the night. Not too familiar with him, 12th round pick from 2017, seems like he's struggled with injuries since getting drafted, so he's old for Low-A ball, but from what I saw today, this kid is a legit prospect. Fastball typically was between 92-94 occasionally hitting 95, had a decent change, and a really good swing and miss curve ball. Went 6 innings struck out 7, only 3 hits and 1 walk. Was the tough luck loser in the game, the only run he gave up was unearned due to a botched double play attempt where Chris Torres threw the ball into the stands. He's now got a 1.84 ERA at Clinton in 29 1/3 innings.

Jacksonville:

Lewin Diaz: Super-impressed with this guy today. Like I said earlier, just a mammoth home run, seek out the video if you can find it. I was equally impressed with an AB he had later in the game where he laced a double down the left-field line.

Jazz Chisholm - didn't have his best day, took an 0fer for the game, did absolutely destroy a foul ball, looked good at SS from what I saw.

Pablo Lopez - Not Ready to come back.

The rest of Jacksonville looked pretty bad.

New Orleans:

Magneuris Sierra - I've been very adamant I'm not a fan of him. He had a good game, 2 hard-hit XBHs where he was able to show off that speed, and even drew a walk.

Jesus Sanchez - Kid was hitting laser-beams all game. 3-4 2 HRs a 2B and a BB. One laser to CF about took out the batter's eye, and his HR to right I think it was still gaining altitude when it left the park. About as good of a game as you can have. I got to see what makes this kid a highly-touted prospect.

Isan Diaz - He just keeps hitting. 2-4 1 HR a 2B and a BB. His HR was a bomb, looked good defensively at 2B.

Brinson - had a good game 2-4 with a 3B and a BB. His 3B was more of the bloop variety. Top Prospect Jo Adell tried to make a highlight-reel catch on it and it got by him, resulting in the triple.

Eddy Alvarez continues to hit. 3-5 with 3 singles.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph View Post
                              Alex Vesia has like 80 K’s in 50 innings.
                              I missed him the 1st time around, but just went back to watch his innings. Game didn't have a radar gun, but he was blowing fastballs by people. Pounded the strike zone, good movement on the fastball and showed a good changeup that he used sparingly, I think he threw 1 curve that was a ball.

Comment

Working...
                              X