Ex ST(Should be playing)
    Sixto
    Bradshaw
    Brayan Hernandez
    Milton Smith
    Howe
    RJ Peace
    Tyler Kolek(I guess??)

Lots of talent in Extended ST with guys likely to get the call up once the OF and RP logjam clears up. We got plenty of "older" RP in so probably make or break for most of them

Clinton needs SS,C badly while Jupiter needs a LHR or 2
    Last edited by tjfla; 04-02-2019, 01:52 PM.

https://www.milb.com/jupiter/news/ju...icle_305814032

Like the rest of the system, Jupiter will have interesting pitching and that's it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lee Stone View Post

Like the rest of the system, Jupiter will have interesting pitching and that's it.
      Completely disagree. VVM, Jose Devers, James Nelson, and Pompey are among the best prospects in the system...not to mention Nick Fortes and Lazaro Alonso are interesting bats.

Comment

I actually agree with you, our hitting prospect depth is putrid. All we seemingly have is a group of guys close to the majors and then another batch of super young guys with potential but are years away. We need to start attacking hitting hard in the draft, IFa, and free agency.

Comment

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
          I actually agree with you, our hitting prospect depth is putrid. All we seemingly have is a group of guys close to the majors and then another batch of super young guys with potential but are years away. We need to start attacking hitting hard in the draft, IFa, and free agency.
          Really? U have VV,Bird,Soto,Pompey in the OF. Alonso,Mahan,Devers,Nelson in IF Fortes as C. EVERYONE of these guys could be ML at some point-all have talent question is can they swim in Jupiter

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
            Really? U have VV,Bird,Soto,Pompey in the OF. Alonso,Mahan,Devers,Nelson in IF Fortes as C. EVERYONE of these guys could be ML at some point-all have talent question is can they swim in Jupiter
            The only ML players i see out of that group is VV, Pompey, and Devers, and VV is unknown and Devers is super raw.

Comment

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
              The only ML players i see out of that group is VV, Pompey, and Devers, and VV is unknown and Devers is super raw.
              I actually think Fortes is a possible riser. As far as any of them becoming above replacement level major leaguers? Seems like a longshot to me. Hope I'm way off.

Comment

I'm curious about Lee's scouting strategy on VVM and how he's already made his mind up about him. Seems like all we have on him as of right now are scouting reports, and Lee knows way more than scouts.

Comment

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                  I'm curious about Lee's scouting strategy on VVM and how he's already made his mind up about him. Seems like all we have on him as of right now are scouting reports, and Lee knows way more than scouts.
                  He doesn't have 1. Dustin Beggs and Ben Meyer looked great against low level younger guys and they are ML players. Justin Twine finally hit above .200 and he is future ML star.

By way I agree most of the guys at Jupiter arent ML players yet but its nice to have guys there who could be rather than guys who have zero chance. None of them are ever gonna look like stars there but as long as they are solid they have a chance.

Remember Jupiter/FSL

Pitchers should have under 4.00 and low HR #(Pitcher Heaven) Arms will never have a better place to pitch
                  Hitters should be .275 and up and if they have 10+ HR they have "power"(Hitters Hell) Hitter will never have a worse place to pitch

Comment

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                    1) scouts are divided on assessment of VV 2) no other teams appeared to have serious interest in the Mesa boys - at least I read nothing to that effect. He'll obviously have every opportunity to prove himself. You could toss Sixto Sanchez in there too. Like various scouts, I think his arm problems will prevent him from realizing his potential. Missing most of a season due to elbow inflammation is a pretty big deal and possibly a precurser to TJS. Again, we shall see. It should be noted that Philly was making him available to Seattle earlier in the winter.
                    Last edited by Lee Stone; 04-01-2019, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                      He doesn't have 1. Dustin Beggs and Ben Meyer looked great against low level younger guys and they are ML players. Justin Twine finally hit above .200 and he is future ML star.

By way I agree most of the guys at Jupiter arent ML players yet but its nice to have guys there who could be rather than guys who have zero chance. None of them are ever gonna look like stars there but as long as they are solid they have a chance.

Remember Jupiter/FSL

Pitchers should have under 4.00 and low HR #(Pitcher Heaven) Arms will never have a better place to pitch
                      Hitters should be .275 and up and if they have 10+ HR they have "power"(Hitters Hell) Hitter will never have a worse place to pitch
                      Criticism is fine ... just be fair. On Meyer: I wrote that his numbers at Jupiter were great and I wanted to see them continue at AA. The Marlins thought more of Meyer than I did it turned out. They sent him straight to the majors without pitching an inning at Jacksonville. On Twine: I wrote that in watching a number of games at Jupiter his athleticism stood out above all others. How anyone can take that as a prediction of ML stardom is beyond me. He did go on to hit .400 at Jacksonville over the latter part of the season. On Jeff Brigham: I wrote glorious words about him after watching lots of Jacksonville games on my computer. He was nervous as hell in his brief exposure as a ML starter in September, but I believe he will be an effective reliever in the majors by mid-season. On Beggs: my support is unflagging. And, then, of course, was my ranking of Smith, Richards, Lopez and Alcantara as the top four prospects for 2018. I'm shocked that Jeter hasn't called with a job offer.
                      Last edited by Lee Stone; 04-01-2019, 11:44 AM.

Comment

1) scouts are divided on assessment of VV 2) no other teams appeared to have serious interest in the Mesa boys - at least I read nothing to that effect. He'll obviously have every opportunity to prove himself. You could toss Sixto Sanchez in there too. Like various scouts, I think his arm problems will prevent him from realizing his potential. Missing most of a season due to elbow inflammation is a pretty big deal and possibly a precurser to TJS. Again, we shall see. It should be noted that Philly was making him available to Seattle earlier in the winter.
                        That's simply not true. They were just cleared later when few teams had money remaining.

Comment

More releases

Luke Jarvis
                          Luis Pintor
                          Sam Perez
                          Matt Brooks

- - - - - - - - - -

System still needs "up the middle" guys and bats but ALOT deeper than years past. Lots of older RP in lower minors and tons of LHP depth in upper levels. Jupiter and Clinton should be fun to watch

Comment

Working...
                          X