Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Round 2 | Osiris Johnson | SS | Encinal HS (CA)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Round 2 | Osiris Johnson | SS | Encinal HS (CA)

Discuss.

- - - - - - - - - -

Back in 1989, Marcel Johnson was a 22nd-round Draft pick of the Mets who went on to play parts of three seasons in pro ball. Nearly two decades later, it's his son's turn, and there is little doubt the NorCal prep infielder, who is also the cousin of both Jimmy Rollins and Tony Tarasco, will easily beat his dad, in terms of when he's selected. Johnson has a tremendous toolbox to work with and they were sharpening as the spring wore on. The right-handed hitter managed just a .218 average as a freshman, but has improved markedly since then, showing the ability to impact the baseball consistently. The better he's gotten at getting the barrel to the ball, the more his raw power is showing up in games, and he was clearing fences a lot more as the Draft approached. At one point, it seemed like Johnson might need to move to an outfield corner, but his defense has improved to the point where most see him staying on the dirt. Some might even send him out as a shortstop, with moves to third or second a possibility as well. Committed to Cal State Fullerton, Johnson is the kind of toolsy player that can be polarizing, with some buzz about him going as high as the end of the second round along with some teams viewing him more as a fifth or sixth-round pick.
    what are we doing
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Same old Marlins. It is looking like nothing has changed and Meek is still running the draft.

Comment

How tf does anyone hit .218 in high school. Don’t care if it was his freshman year. Terrible. Don’t believe in the bat.
      "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
      - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

Supposedly this guy was rising, and some thought he could sneak into the 1st round. One of the mock drafts this morning (fangraphs, I think), mentioned that the Marlins liked him a lot, but probably wouldn't take him in round 1.

I don't have any issue with this pick. I said they should be taking big swings on big potential, and that's what he is.

Comment

Reach Pick however Minnesota considered him at #20 and Cleveland did to in Comp Rds. He would NOT have made it past Minnesota at #59 so if we wanted him we had to take him here

Jimmy Rollins/Tony Tarasco's Cousin and is 17 till Oct which means a year younger than most of the guys in this draft. Not sure he sticks at SS but very toolsy(Xavier Edwards type) who can be a 2B

Comment

SIGNED SLOT

Comment

Working...
            X