5/10 - 5/16 Minor League Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dim View Post
    I mentioned this previously but worth repeating that Zac Gallen is most MLB ready pitcher Marlins got in any trade last season. Dude just comes across as having the poise of a 10 year MLB vet.

Didn't even notice Sam Perez made the jump from Batavia straight to Jupiter this year. Good for him. Team initially took it slow with him but he's definitely a player in the prospect game.

Still absolutely amazed that Brian Miller is batting .325 in Jupiter. The only other Marlins hitter I can remember doing this well their first time around in Jupiter was Christian Yelich.

It is definitely frustrating that for a team with only 2 real hitters so far this year (Realmuto/Castro), the team is clearly wasting J.T. Riddle in AAA.
    They were getting Riddle in game shape BUT now its getting pretty stupid-he should be up

Perez is a Long Relief option but ya nice to see Denbo putting guys where they should be and seeing what they got.

Miller is Brett Gardner. Guy can hit and play baseball-nothing special but could be a ML LF for 10 years

Comment

2018 JAX SOU AA 22 81 13 34 53 8 1 3 14 6 0 7 0 0 .420 .466 .654 1.120 1.28
      2018 NH EAS AA 34 135 31 56 94 15 1 7 40 14 2 13 1 2 .415 .459 .696 1.155 0.88

The numbers above reflect this year's AA totals for Austin Dean (top) and Vlad Guerrero Jr. Interestingly, there is lots of hype about the 19-year-old phenom and a call for him to make his MLB debut. Dean lumbers along in New Orleans without a peep - not even from the Marlin publicity team.

Comment

Originally posted by Lee Stone View Post
        2018 JAX SOU AA 22 81 13 34 53 8 1 3 14 6 0 7 0 0 .420 .466 .654 1.120 1.28
        2018 NH EAS AA 34 135 31 56 94 15 1 7 40 14 2 13 1 2 .415 .459 .696 1.155 0.88

The numbers above reflect this year's AA totals for Austin Dean (top) and Vlad Guerrero Jr. Interestingly, there is lots of hype about the 19-year-old phenom and a call for him to make his MLB debut. Dean lumbers along in New Orleans without a peep - not even from the Marlin publicity team.
        Because most 19 yr olds can't put those numbers up in HS let alone AA.

I like your input on the site but u really need to start looking at age. The draft is next month and some guys who will be drafted out of HS are older than Vlad Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
          Because most 19 yr olds can't put those numbers up in HS let alone AA.

I like your input on the site but u really need to start looking at age. The draft is next month and some guys who will be drafted out of HS are older than Vlad Jr.
          Not my point at all. It's a reflection of how good Dean has become and how much the Marlins could use him in the lineup. The fact that an anonymous Marlin farmhand matched the OPS of AA's hottest hitter impresses me.
          Last edited by Lee Stone; 05-17-2018, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Interesting game in Jupiter today

Hammerheads stole HOME 2 times and Brett Graves pitched. Despaigne pitched last night. So within the next 2-3 weeks the Marlins are gonna have to make some decisions on guys(Taz DFA and dealt?)

Comment

Catcher watch: Roy Morales has raised his BA to .361 (Jupiter).
              Last edited by Lee Stone; 05-17-2018, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lee Stone View Post
                Not my point at all. It's a reflection of how good Dean has become and how much the Marlins could use him in the lineup. The fact that an anonymous Marlin farmhand matched the OPS of AA's hottest hitter impresses me.
                He’s not an anonymous marlins farm hand, he was a relatively high draft pick who has been underwhelming for years who has had a great start to the season. Comparing 19 yo vlad to him at all is one of the dumbest things I’ve ever seen posted on this site

Comment

Harrison is very consistent: a couple whiffs per game.

Comment

Nick Neidert tonight: 6.2 innings, 2 hits, 0 runs, 2 BB, 11 Ks

Pretty amazing that trading David Phelps may have brought back 2 of our best starting pitching prospects.

Comment

We’ve done a great job as a front office since last june

Comment

Working...
                      X