Lee: 1 IP, 2 K

A Greensboro: L, 4-1 (Game One)

Knapp: 1-3, K
    Devers: 1-3, R, 2B, SB
    M.Brown: 0-3, RBI
    J.Santos: 2-2, 2 SB
    Bra.Miller: L, 4.1 IP, 5 H, 4 ER, 4 BB, 5 K, 1 HRA
    Peace: 1.2 IP, 1 H, 2 K

A Greensboro: W, 2-1 (Game Two - Makeup of 4/23 Postponement)

Devers: 1-3, 2B
    M.Brown: 1-3, R, 2B
    M.Rivera: 1-2, R, 2B, RBI, BB, K
    Sullivan: 1-3, 2B, RBI, K
    Hock: W, 5 IP, 5 H, 1 ER, 1 BB, 3 K
    M.Rodriguez: SV, 2 IP, 1 K

Comment

Hey Colton Hock. Seems like the right move to make him a starter after how he pitched to start the year. 1.53 ERA so far. 4th round pick in 2017.

Daniel Castano was one of the guys traded to the Marlins in the Ozuna trade. Did really good in A- ball last year, first chance this year at what I'd consider the real minors (and skipped low A ball). So far looks decent, 3.47 ERA. Strikeout numbers are lagging and at 23 years old. Probably gonna be one of those guys who reaches the majors in their upper 20s.

I know others have mentioned it previously but Dunand looks legit. We all know Jupiter is one of the notoriously tough leagues to hit in, yet Dunand comes in and has a .942 OPS right now. Hold onto the small hope that the team might've found A-Rod 2.0 in the genetics pool.

Good start by Neidert. He's gone 5+ IP with 2 ER each of his last 3 starts. The fact that he's 21 years old pitching in Jax already is highly encouraging.

I've gotten a little relaxed following the minors recently so excited to get back into following. From a quick review it seems the minors are progressing nicely. Underrated factor is the team might've finally hit on some players in a draft (2017) for the first time in many, many years. That is where the rebuild is truly going to take place.

- - - - - - - - - -

I completely buried a lead in that Brian Miller batted .322 in Greensboro last season and is absolutely demolishing that number so far in Jupiter with a .358 BA. That kids hit tool looks like an A+++.

Comment

Again I'm behind on this so excuse me if this conversation has likely already happened. But can we talk about how the Marlins might've finally drafted incredibly well last year?

1. Trevor Rogers- NO STATS
        36. Brian Miller- Mentioned above batting .358 in Jupiter
        51. Joe Dunand- .942 OPS in Jupiter
        89. Riley Mahan- .361 OBP in Jupiter (on a cold streak recently but started his career on fire)
        119. Colton Hock- 1.53 ERA in GBoro (17 IP)
        149. Ryan Lillie- 2.83 ERA in Gboro (3 starts)

8th round pick Jared Barnes was also doing well in low A last season. Don't know about the rest of the picks.

Interesting that every one of these picks outside of Rogers is a college draft pick. All advanced players who the front office is being very proactive with moving up fast. Seems the approach with the current front office is very different from the old one that would be INCREDIBLY conservative with calling up players.

Comment

Originally posted by dim View Post
          Again I'm behind on this so excuse me if this conversation has likely already happened. But can we talk about how the Marlins might've finally drafted incredibly well last year?

89. Riley Mahan- .361 OBP in Jupiter (on a cold streak recently but started his career on fire)

8th round pick Jared Barnes was also doing well in low A last season. Don't know about the rest of the picks.

Interesting that every one of these picks outside of Rogers is a college draft pick. All advanced players who the front office is being very proactive with moving up fast. Seems the approach with the current front office is very different from the old one that would be INCREDIBLY conservative with calling up players.
          yup, mentioned this the other day, but like every one of the first 8-10 picks looking good thus far. Im super excited for Miller and Dunand. They should be up in Jax by midseason and then Jax's lineup will be insane with Diaz, Harrison, Miller, and Dunand.

Comment

yup, mentioned this the other day, but like every one of the first 8-10 picks looking good thus far. Im super excited for Miller and Dunand. They should be up in Jax by midseason and then Jax's lineup will be insane with Diaz, Harrison, Miller, and Dunand.

- - - - - - - - - -

and Diaz is starting to get hot. He's one of my favorite prospects in the system.

- - - - - - - - - -

Miller's minor league career thus far: 75 games, .331 avg, .799 OPS, 28/35 sb's. Love it.

Comment

Amazing what happens when instead of having an owner/FO who is worried about $ or finding the next Stanton changes strategy and starts just drafting talent. The same guys ran the draft LY but didn't have to deal with Jeff. Its the same with trades-we have made GREAT trades since the Hech deal.

Approach is great!! Letting guys play where they should and sink or swim

Barnes is actually a solid C

#6 SP Taylor Braley is looking good in GBoro
              #7 SP Sean Guenther is in Jupiter already
              #15 SP Brady Puckett looks great in GBoro
              #12 SP Josh Roberson had TJ LY but was a 3rd Rd talent
              #19 UT Micah Brown could turn into something(3B/1B/Corner OF)
              #20 SP Matt Givin looked great in GCL LY but TJ Now

Excellent Draft LY

- - - - - - - - - -

Hey Colton Hock. Seems like the right move to make him a starter after how he pitched to start the year. 1.53 ERA so far. 4th round pick in 2017.

Daniel Castano was one of the guys traded to the Marlins in the Ozuna trade. Did really good in A- ball last year, first chance this year at what I'd consider the real minors (and skipped low A ball). So far looks decent, 3.47 ERA. Strikeout numbers are lagging and at 23 years old. Probably gonna be one of those guys who reaches the majors in their upper 20s.

I know others have mentioned it previously but Dunand looks legit. We all know Jupiter is one of the notoriously tough leagues to hit in, yet Dunand comes in and has a .942 OPS right now. Hold onto the small hope that the team might've found A-Rod 2.0 in the genetics pool.

Good start by Neidert. He's gone 5+ IP with 2 ER each of his last 3 starts. The fact that he's 21 years old pitching in Jax already is highly encouraging.

I've gotten a little relaxed following the minors recently so excited to get back into following. From a quick review it seems the minors are progressing nicely. Underrated factor is the team might've finally hit on some players in a draft (2017) for the first time in many, many years. That is where the rebuild is truly going to take place.

- - - - - - - - - -

I completely buried a lead in that Brian Miller batted .322 in Greensboro last season and is absolutely demolishing that number so far in Jupiter with a .358 BA. That kids hit tool looks like an A+++.
              Haven't made Hock a SP. He has been the Long Relief guy pitching 3+ innings and looks great doing it

Something that is even better is we have 20 guys or so in Extended ST or still hurt who should be on minor league teams but arent. Alot of depth

Comment

Hock started yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                  Hock started yesterday.
                  I am aware he did BUT 1st time this year and 3rd in career. Reason he started was it was a DH

Don't need the discussion today so please dont respond with make him a SP until he shows he can't. Just stating his stats

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                    I am aware he did BUT 1st time this year and 3rd in career. Reason he started was it was a DH

Don't need the discussion today so please dont respond with make him a SP until he shows he can't. Just stating his stats
                    they should make him a SP until he shows he cant.

Comment

Working...
                    X