No announcement yet.

2018 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blaze Alexander could be a 3rd round prospect and id take him in the first based on his name alone.

Comment

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
      Blaze Alexander could be a 3rd round prospect and id take him in the first based on his name alone.
      Seen sites that have him in Top 50 but I wouldn't touch him that early. If he is around at #70 and will take slot,I like him but not at #53

Comment

MLB.com has updated list

http://m.mlb.com/prospects/2018?list=draft

A Note- Do NOT look at their rankings(usually pretty bad)however they do a great job on the scouting reports if interested in learning about guys

Forget about Jessica Blaylock,I wish we could fire Joe Frisaro!! He tweets we should draft more local guys(I agree) than says if McClanahan is off the board we should draft Triston Casas? Guess he doesn't remember us taking a guy whose only tool was his power
        Last edited by tjfla; 04-27-2018, 11:15 AM.

Comment

i think the whole drafting local guys thing is absurd. no one cares about where the person we drafted came from. If the guy is good, obviously you draft him, but giving any sort of thought to drafting a guy in part because they are from around here is how bad organizations get run.

Comment

i think the whole drafting local guys thing is absurd. no one cares about where the person we drafted came from. If the guy is good, obviously you draft him, but giving any sort of thought to drafting a guy in part because they are from around here is how bad organizations get run.
            I think they should draft local guys/PR guys AND sign Cubans however not in the early rounds. Alot of solid players come from South Florida who are taking in Mid Rds from HS. In the past only local guys we would take were 23 yr old college guys who were released quick

Like on Day 3 if we call 3 or 4 South FL HS guys and they give us good prices(225K and below) I wouldn't have any issue taking them to get the fan base more likely to come watch
            Last edited by tjfla; 04-27-2018, 11:35 AM.

Comment

in what world are you living where you think our fan base is going to come watch just because the kids playing happened to go to HS here? thats completely irrelevent.

- - - - - - - - - -

draft the best players. period. doesnt matter the round, you dont waste draft picks on emotion.

Comment

in what world are you living where you think our fan base is going to come watch just because the kids playing happened to go to HS here? thats completely irrelevent.

- - - - - - - - - -

draft the best players. period. doesnt matter the round, you dont waste draft picks on emotion.
                Not me!! This is what Jeter and Denbo think which is why Frisaro said it. They think getting HS kids from South FL and Latin Players/Cubans will help.

On Day 3 u don't draft players on BPA. U have to look at what they will sign for because after $125,000 u have to have the cash in cap.

First 5/6 Rds its BPA,Rds 7-10 its save cash,Rd 11-20 its BPA who will sign at reasonable prices.Rd 21 till end its try to find guys who have 1 solid tool
                Last edited by tjfla; 04-27-2018, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                  Not me!! This is what Jeter and Denbo think which is why Frisaro said it. They think getting HS kids from South FL and Latin Players/Cubans will help.

On Day 3 u don't draft players on BPA. U have to look at what they will sign for because after $125,000 u have to have the cash in cap.

First 5/6 Rds its BPA,Rds 7-10 its save cash,Rd 11-20 its BPA who will sign at reasonable prices.Rd 21 till end its try to find guys who have 1 solid tool
                  Ah i see, well if they think that then they will be sadly mistaken. And i think its stupid to just not always draft based on BPA. If they wont sign, so be it. Try to accumulate as much talent as possible

Comment

MLB.com has 1st Rd Mock Out

https://www.mlb.com/news/projections...?tid=151437456

Marlins-Triston Casas(HS 1B)

I hate the pick because he only has 1 tool(Power)6'4 240. Guys still on board are Brice Turang,Jackson Kowar,Logan Gilbert,Ethan Hankins

Comment

Keith law has us taking Oregon State OF Trevor Larnach in the first round in his mock. Says we've been linked to him from several of his sources.

Comment

Keith law has us taking Oregon State OF Trevor Larnach in the first round in his mock. Says we've been linked to him from several of his sources.
                        Fangraphs guys say we have been linked with Triston Casas and Xavier Edwards(Both South FL HS guys)

I have heard they like 2/3 College guys(McClanahan/Rolison/Madrigal) and if they aren't around don't be surprised if we take a HS guy on a below slot deal and use the cash on others later

Positive about Larnach is he could be a quick moving POWER bat. 6'4 210 RF/1B. Rather take him than Casas
                        Last edited by tjfla; 05-03-2018, 08:35 AM.

Comment

I think we end up drafting a pitcher, but id love to see a power college bat too. A lot of our hitting prospects dont have much power and if they do its more 20-25 HR power and not 30+ hr power.

Comment

I think we end up drafting a pitcher, but id love to see a power college bat too. A lot of our hitting prospects dont have much power and if they do its more 20-25 HR power and not 30+ hr power.
                            Same. I think we will and hope we draft a college SP but wouldn't be mad about Trevor Larnach. Rather have a advanced bat with power than a HS bat with some.

Comment

id like to see a 1b power hitter or a catcher too if we are convinced JT isnt staying here. Im not a draft guy though so idk any of the prospects available for the draft.

Comment

id like to see a 1b power hitter or a catcher too if we are convinced JT isnt staying here. Im not a draft guy though so idk any of the prospects available for the draft.
                                The best C is Joey Bart he is expected to go in Top 10 to the NY Mets. Other "power bats" are also expected to go in Top 10. This is why all the college arms are falling because all the teams are looking for bats

Go to MLB.com and look at their scouting reports. Gives u good info on ALL guys

http://m.mlb.com/prospects/2018?list=draft

Comment

Working...
                                X