Reynoso: 2-4
    A.Villalobos: 0-3, BB
    Rasquin: 1-3, 2B
    Prenza: 0-4, 4 K
    Vera: L, 4.2 IP, 8 H, 5 ER, 2 BB, 5 K
    Moya: 2.1 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 1 K

Comment

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
      Good lord. I just went thru all of the stats of our 4 highest minor league teams and my god we have absolutely nothing in our system. A few year sago we at least had a bunch of bullpen arms but now we have literally nothing.

AAA is terrible. Not 1 prospect on the entire team.
      AA the only guys worth looking at are Brice and Anderson.
      Greensboro has absolutely nothing besides Naylor really.
      Jupiter doesn't have much either. We better crush this draft. Also, why in the world do we have so many older prospects on all of our teams? I understand not every draft pick can be a prospect but there are so many guys drafted last year who are already too old for prospect status. I really hate MLB's salary slotting system for the draft. It doesnt work and is a huge disadvantage for teams who aren't as willing to spend. There should be no ability to negotiate contract terms, just like every other major sport in the US.
      U just realized this? GBoro is the only team with more than 1 or 2 guys with talent

Crush the draft? HAHA. The slotting system actually works great,we are one of the few teams who still drafts based on cash. All the other teams draft talent and then to save cash they draft college seniors,PR HS and JC guys to stay on budget. We draft cheap the whole way thru

Comment

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
        Good lord. I just went thru all of the stats of our 4 highest minor league teams and my god we have absolutely nothing in our system. A few year sago we at least had a bunch of bullpen arms but now we have literally nothing.

AAA is terrible. Not 1 prospect on the entire team.
        AA the only guys worth looking at are Brice and Anderson.
        Greensboro has absolutely nothing besides Naylor really.
        Jupiter doesn't have much either. We better crush this draft. Also, why in the world do we have so many older prospects on all of our teams? I understand not every draft pick can be a prospect but there are so many guys drafted last year who are already too old for prospect status. I really hate MLB's salary slotting system for the draft. It doesnt work and is a huge disadvantage for teams who aren't as willing to spend. There should be no ability to negotiate contract terms, just like every other major sport in the US.
        And how would you fix the slot system to be fair for teams refusing to spend money? The alternative of no slot system is even worse for this organization's draft strategy.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
          And how would you fix the slot system to be fair for teams refusing to spend money? The alternative of no slot system is even worse for this organization's draft strategy.
          Exactly,they made the system fair to ALL teams however they can't make owners spend cash. The system tells teams what the MAX is they can spend. FO ask agents/advisors what the number is after they rank them on talent. We do it opposite,we ask what guys are looking for to sign. Just wait till next year,C JJ Schwarz told teams he want 1.5 million to sign and instead of paying him slot we drafted C Blake Anderson cause he wanted 1.1 million. We saved 400K. Anderson is still in Rookie Ball while Schwarz might be the #1 Pick

It is the same for IFA,they tell teams the MAX they can spend so that u don't have 5 teams outbidding the rest. The issue is what happens when u got teams who are not willing to spend?

Comment

Ben Holmes finally back up to Jupiter!!!

Comment

I mean that I would want the draft to be slotted in a way in whcih the contract you get is fixed depending on where you are drafted. Too many guys fall or are drafted earlier based upon their signing bonus demands. I think it should be that you get a specific contract depending on the slot you are taken and you can decide from there whether you want to sign or go back to school. None of this taking a guy in the first round simply because he has lower salary demands.

The way i phrased it in my initial post was confusing.

Comment

I'm not sure if I'm for punishing players, because crooked owners are assholes. A player should have the right to negotiate his contract/bonus.

Comment

How do you figure it would be punishing the players? I think it would lead to more players being drafted where they should be rather than dropping due to salary demands. I just really dont like that the point of the draft is to even the playing field as far as the worst teams getting the top talents and that simply isnt what is happening in the mlb draft year after year.

trust me i completely understand all of your guys points i just really dislike how much signing bonus/demands comes into play for each individual player.

Comment

A player should be able to negotiate his worth, it's that simple. With injuries and the uncertainty that is the minor leagues, a player should be given the opportunity to try and maximize the bonus they get when they're drafted.

I mean, it sucks as a Marlins fan, because our owner is a cheap piece of shit, but forcing him to spend money is not the solution to this problem either. The MLB needs to be more proactive in removing owners who are failing to use the resources they have to sustain a competitive Major League Baseball organization.

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                      Ben Holmes finally back up to Jupiter!!!
                      Good. Unfortunately he's now 24 and more waiting will eventually turn him into a non-prospect.

Comment

Yeah, I think it's pretty fucked up that other sports don't let you negotiate. It's totalitarian behavior that does nothing but help the owner's pockets.

Having a draft at all is pretty messed up. There's the argument that it helps with parity in the league, but baseball and hockey have very good parity and fall behind basketball and football in popularity, which both have terrible parity. People like to love/hate the big teams.

The fact that in something like football you don't have much say in where you go or how much you make is all kinds of bleh. But I guess you can pull an Eli if you're good enough

Comment

Working...
                        X