No announcement yet.

Who Do You Want with the Second Pick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, you don't make the #1 selection based on who is gonna get to the majors faster.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Z View Post
      Frisaro, like Heyman, also brought up the idea of bringing up Rodon this year (August). I mean this only makes sense if we are in the race. I'm not sure why Houston doesn't take this kid instead of a HS arm. They're not too far away from contention themselves. They will soon have Correia and Appel up at the ML level.
      Possible but likely 2015 July or August if we draft him.

Houston is looking for a deal and Rodon won't give them a deal. With Aiken they get a guy who will sign cheaper,already has a better body than Rodon and a better fastball.

Comment

Heyman is reporting that fish seem to be focusing on Rodon at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Z View Post
          Heyman is reporting that fish seem to be focusing on Rodon at this point.
          Ya thats been the rumor all day-if Rodon available at #2, he is the pick. If he is gone the FO wants Alex Jackson

Read this and it will tell u why Houston won't take Rodon

https://twitter.com/kileymcd/status/474634031087489024
          Last edited by tjfla; 06-05-2014, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Papa Loria gets what he wants. I wouldn't be surprised if they told him to make ludicrous demands to Houston and the deal is already in place for Loria to give him the $6+ mil or whatever.

Will be shocked if they don't take him if Houston passes. Front office liking Jackson and others be damned.

Comment

Originally posted by lou View Post
              Papa Loria gets what he wants. I wouldn't be surprised if they told him to make ludicrous demands to Houston and the deal is already in place for Loria to give him the $6+ mil or whatever.

Will be shocked if they don't take him if Houston passes. Front office liking Jackson and others be damned.
              Come on Lou,we already brought that up and the "Legion of Morons" said it doesn't make sense.

But ya 2 months ago Loria was said to be willing to go up to 8 million(#1 Pick Slot) for Rodon. Thing is even tho Rodon wants 6+million,the number is said NOT to be #2 slot even, so we can take Rodon and still get $200,000 or so to use in other parts of the draft(or stick in Loria's pocket)

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                Come on Lou,we already brought that up and the "Legion of Morons" said it doesn't make sense.
                what?
                poop

Comment

#LOM

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                    what?
                    aheaahhe

Comment

Well that was out of left field. I didn't expect Kolek at all. Hopefully he's as good as advertised.

Comment

I am very surprised.

Hope the kid moves fast.

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                          Ya thats been the rumor all day-if Rodon available at #2, he is the pick. If he is gone the FO wants Alex Jackson

Read this and it will tell u why Houston won't take Rodon

https://twitter.com/kileymcd/status/474634031087489024
                          Hey, great call.

Comment

tjfla, did you major in Creative Writing?

Comment

Jim Bowden was on twitter 2 minutes before the pick saying the Marlins were going to take Rodon. Christ.
                              Originally posted by Madman81
                              Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                              Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                                Jim Bowden was on twitter 2 minutes before the pick saying the Marlins were going to take Rodon. Christ.
                                I'm not sure why fans react to drafts.

Comment

Working...
                                X