Minor League Game Thread 6/13 - 6/19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big Z View Post
    Marisnick 2-3 today with a double and a single. He was also HBP twice, including one on his hand. He was taken out after being HBP on his hand. I believe it was on the same hand he injured earlier this year.
    This injury would really suck. Marisnick looked like he was finally putting everything together. Now is definitely not the time for him to go on the DL.
    --------------------
    Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post
    Heaney, Nicolino and DeSclafani all in Double-A soon makes a very nice rotation.
    That's going to be really fun to watch, and Heaney/DeScalfini should definitely be fast tracked to the majors if they start off well. Nicolino's probably got the most potential out of the three of them.
    Last edited by dim; 06-19-2013, 11:07 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

X-ray's negative per Joe Frisaro

Comment

Should be fun to see how far Rodon falls by next June when NC State is done ruining his arm.

Comment

He's a big boy, he can handle it.
          LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

He threw like 130 pitches in a game didn't he?

They're dumb.
            poop

Comment

And they threw him on 3 days rest tonight after he threw 109 in his last start.

Comment

I, like you guys, think NC State is pulling a Girardi with Rodon. It's definitely something to worry about.

Still, you don't pass on Rodon at this moment. He'll be the clearest #1 pick since Starsburg (I don't think Cole was all that clear at the time), is a lefty which is a nice plus, and he's just got out of this world talent. I'm perfectly fine seeing the Marlins be the worst team in baseball the rest of the season to draft Rodon and possibly see him in 2015.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                  He threw like 130 pitches in a game didn't he?

They're dumb.
                  He has had a high pitch count a few times this season. Yes, it is a little bit of a concern, especially since he's going straight to team USA after this, but he got better as the season progressed.

Last off-season he pitched for team USA and then shut it down until January and wasn't fully 100 percent ready to start the season, which showed in his early struggles. But he turned it around and was a monster. I stand (sit) by saying that he'll be fine.
                  LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Working...
                  X