--------------------
    6'3'' 229

6-6 4.12 ERA in 111.1IP. 81K
    Last edited by Miamarlin21; 06-06-2013, 09:59 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
    LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

The TV told me he throws 90-91.

Comment

The ridiculous guy on MLB Network really needs to stop talking about W-L record

Comment

K/9 isn't that impressive.
        This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

Scouting Grades* (present/future): Fastball: 6/6 | Curve 4/5 | Slider: 3/5 | Changeup: 4/5 | Control: 4/5 | Overall: 4/5

Williams is a college right-hander who has been a little tough to figure out.

Stuff-wise, there's a lot to like, with a fastball that touches the mid-90s, both a slider and a curve as well as a changeup. He throws strikes and generally has been effective at Arizona State and then as a reliever for Team USA. But considering his stuff, and his ability to throw strikes, he hasn't missed as many bats as you'd think.

After a solid sophomore season, at least in terms of wins and losses and ERA, he had a successful turn in the Team USA bullpen. That has carried over a bit to his junior year, with even a little more of the swing and miss scouts had been hoping to see.
          http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/prospects/watch/y2013/

Comment

Originally posted by Madman81 View Post
            The TV told me he throws 90-91.
            People at MLB Network said that he actually throws mid-90's, but he uses his 2-seam fastball more often which is in that range you posted.

The comp. was Nick Blackburn, fwiw.

Comment

I was just going off the screen that said "Best pitch: 90-91 mph fastball." I wasn't about to listen to that stuff.

Comment

Yup, Erick's right. I hear the same thing. 2-seamer is in the 90-91 MPH range.

Comment

Interesting pick. I don't know/hadn't heard much about this kid and the stats/scouting report don't instill that much confidence
                  Originally posted by Madman81
                  Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                  Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

On GCL Roster

SIGNED

Comment

MLBPipeline #7 Prospect

Scouting grades: Fastball: 55 | Slider: 50 | Curveball: 40 | Changeup: 50 | Control: 55 | Overall: 45
                      The Marlins drafted Williams, a well-polished workhorse starter out of Arizona State, in the second round in 2013. He began his first full professional season with Class A Advanced Jupiter, where he made the Florida State League All-Star Game and earned a late-summer promotion to Double-A Jacksonville.

Williams has the look of a power pitcher, and his fastball has been clocked up to 96 mph. But he more typically works in the low 90s and locates his fastball well. He's cleaned up his delivery in the Minor Leagues, allowing him to pitch down in the zone more often, limiting home runs and creating plenty of groundball outs. He added a slider to his arsenal in 2014, giving him another offspeed pitch to go with his curveball and changeup.

Williams has handled aggressive assignments with aplomb so far, and his combination of stuff and pitchability should continue to quickly propel him through the Minor Leagues.
                      http://m.mlb.com/prospects/2015?list=mia

John Sickels #7 Prospect

7) Trevor Williams, RHP, Grade B-: Age 22, posted 2.79 ERA with 90/29 K/BB in 129 innings in High-A, 6.00 ERA with 14/6 K/BB in 15 innings in Double-A. Arizona State product drafted in second round in 2013, low-90s sink, change-up, slider, curve. Nothing spectacular but throws strikes and eats innings.
                      http://www.minorleagueball.com/2015/...pects-for-2015

Comment

Working...
                      X