Matthew Montgomery, RHP
    Kyle Jensen, OF
    Michael Brady, RHP
    Joseph O'Gara, RHP
    Jose Urena, RHP

2nd timers:
    Jake Smolinski, OF/INF
    Peter Andrelczyk, RHP

I personally think Skipworth, Ozuna, Olmos, Urena and Smolinski get added. Maybe Brady and Jensen get added as well, but I doubt it.
    Last edited by Miamarlin21; 09-14-2012, 02:26 AM.
    LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

I think they should protect Jensen, he took some time to figure out AA, but his 2nd half was solid and his final 30 games were just insanity

preASB: .202/.309/.368 8hr 223ab
    postASB: .266/.367/.536 16hr 222ab

final 30: .324/.390/.794

Comment

My bad, forgot the international guys. Marcell Ozuna and Jose Urena are also eligible. Pretty sure they'll both get protected.

Comment

Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post
        First timers:
        Kyle Skipworth, C
        Edgar Olmos, LHP
        Marcell Ozuna, OF
        Graham Johnson, RHP
        Isaac Galloway, OF
        Matthew Montgomery, RHP
        Kyle Jensen, OF
        Michael Brady, RHP
        Joseph O'Gara, RHP
        Jose Urena, RHP

2nd timers:
        Jake Smolinski, OF/INF
        Peter Andrelczyk, RHP

I personally think Skipworth, Ozuna, Olmos, Urena and Smolinski get added. Maybe Brady and Jensen get added as well, but I doubt it.
        Andrelcyzk
        O'Gara
        Montgomery
        Galloway
        Johnson

were all injured for most of the year so prolly no need to protect them

Jensen and Brady if they preform good in the AFL might be protected

Skip,Ozuna,Urena,Smolinski WILL be protected,they wildcard was Olmos until they finally decided to move him to the bullpen where he pitched great. I say Very good chance he is protected to

Comment

My first question is Solarzano too right?

Assuming yes, I'd expect the 40 man from guys already on it

C (3) - Buck, Brantly, Hayes
          IF (6) - Morrison, Bonifacio, Reyes, Dobbs, Solano, Cox
          OF (2) - Stanton, Ruggiano
          SP (8) - Johnson, Buerhle, Nolasco, Turner, Eovaldi, LeBlanc, Hand, Koehler
          RP (10) - Cishek, Bell, Dunn, Webb, Jennings, Ramos, Reed, Rosario, Hatcher, Caminero

That's 29. And they will have to sign a starting 3B, starting OF/or Carlos Lee :-/, and veteran bench bat at a minimum. Plus likely keep one of Petersen/Cousins/Gorkys/Mattison as the 5th OF/AAA depth guy. That's 33, and kind of rounds out the 25 man roster how we all expect.

I'd say Skip, Ozuna, Urena, and Solarzano are locks to be added which would move it to 37.

Then it becomes a toss up. Ceda and Sanabia are still around and not sure what the organization wants to do with them. The could protect another of that OF clump above. I would say next best couple in the minors is Smolinski, Jensen, maybe Olmos. Rule V could add someone from back end too.

End of the day, not sure this is a big 40 man year. Those last 3-4 spots probably aren't protecting someone who would be taken in the Rule V. I think it will be really telling what the organization thinks about some of those prospects if left off with some clear room on the backend this upcoming year.

Comment

Originally posted by lou View Post
            My first question is Solarzano too right?

Assuming yes, I'd expect the 40 man from guys already on it

C (3) - Buck, Brantly, Hayes
            OF (2) - Stanton, Ruggiano
            RP (10) - Cishek, Bell, Dunn, Webb, Jennings, Ramos, Reed, Rosario, Hatcher, Caminero

That's 29. And they will have to sign a starting 3B, starting OF/or Carlos Lee :-/, and veteran bench bat at a minimum. Plus likely keep one of Petersen/Cousins/Gorkys/Mattison as the 5th OF/AAA depth guy. That's 33, and kind of rounds out the 25 man roster how we all expect.

I'd say Skip, Ozuna, Urena, and Solarzano are locks to be added which would move it to 37.

Then it becomes a toss up. Ceda and Sanabia are still around and not sure what the organization wants to do with them. The could protect another of that OF clump above. I would say next best couple in the minors is Smolinski, Jensen, maybe Olmos. Rule V could add someone from back end too.

End of the day, not sure this is a big 40 man year. Those last 3-4 spots probably aren't protecting someone who would be taken in the Rule V. I think it will be really telling what the organization thinks about some of those prospects if left off with some clear room on the backend this upcoming year.

If Solorzano needs to be then he is a YES. Even tho he is being moved thru very slow,alot of teams and scouts see him as a 5 tool guy meaning they could always take him and just let him be the 25th man on a team.

Olmos pretty much got a spot when he was moved to the bullpen and pitched lights out. Jensen won't have a spot unless he blows up the AFL and if he does COULD take Smolinski spot

Comment

That would make it a "likely" 36

C (4) - Buck, Brantly, Hayes, Skipworth
              OF (6) - Stanton, Ruggiano, Ozuna, one of Petersen/Cousins/Gorkys/Mattison, Solarzano, Smolinski
              RP (12) - Cishek, Bell, Dunn, Webb, Jennings, Ramos, Reed, Rosario, Hatcher, Caminero, Urena, Olmos

Likely FA Adds - Starting 3B, Starting OF/Carlos Lee, Bench Bat
              Cusp Prospects - Ceda, Sanabia, Jensen, Brady, Rule V acquisitions

Comment

Yeah, Solorzano is too, I forgot to add him.

Comment

Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post
                  Yeah, Solorzano is too, I forgot to add him.
                  Then ya Solorzano is a lock. Bat is not ML ready but defense/speed are. A team would take him in a second and he could easily be a 5th OF

Olmos is in the same spot,while not close to the ML he would be taken in a second. He is young,big,and a lefty who according to his stats could be a nice LOOGY if not relief arm.

Gotta think Gorkys AND Petersen get spots and then IF we sign someone we would have to choose 1

Smolinski and Jensen are 2 totally different guys however with Solano not going anywhere,Smolinski could lose his spot. Smolinski is a minor league Solano where as Jensen could be a Big Power bat who could Backup 1B and the corner OF spots. If he has a good AFL he will prolly take Smolinski spot however the issue is whichever 1 doesn't get protected could possibly get a look in the Rule V Draft. Smolinski on his ability to play all over and plate discipline and Jensen on his ability to crush the ball(I could see an AL team taking a chance on him)

Comment

I think the make/break with Petersen, Cousins, Gorkys, and Mattison is who has options left. I know Mattison does for sure, but do any of the others? I think no options means axe'd.

Comment

Petey and Gorkys do not, Cousins does (I think) and Mattison will. I think that Gorkys or Cousins gets non-tendered in the off-season.

Comment

I just looked over it again and sorry for the misinformation, but Jesus Solorzano is NOT eligible for the Rule V draft this off-season. This off-season, players who were drafted out of high school/international signing in 2008 are eligible and college players drafted in 2009.
                        Last edited by Miamarlin21; 09-18-2012, 06:22 PM.

Comment

SKIIIIIIIP!!!!
                          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

If we lose Skip in this draft, I am done, DONE, with this Mick Mouse org.

Chewie and I will start SoKorWyverns.com
                            Last edited by HUGG; 09-18-2012, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Haven seen the full list yet but some nice guys who are eligible are

Josh Fields RP(Former 1st Rd Pick-pitched well at AAA for Boston)
                              Jonathan Galvez 2B/UT(Utility type from SD 5 tool potential and only 21)
                              Matt LaPorta 1B(Former Cleveland 1B)
                              Chris McGuiness 1B(Won AFL MVP)
                              Jesus Aguilar 1B(#11 on Indians Prospect list-22 6'3 260lbs Futures Game)
                              Kyle Kaminska RP(Former Marlin who pitched great in the AFL)

The guy we would have prolly picked tho got protected-Leury Garcia 2B from Texas

We will be looking at RP and 2B/Utlity players-Galvez actually looks like he could be a worth a chance if he is there at #6
                              http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats...pbp&pid=527039

Comment

Working...
                              X