No announcement yet.

6/8 - 6/14 Minor League Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow mccambley again. holy shit he's been good.

Comment

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
      wow mccambley again. holy shit he's been good.
      Yeah he should probably be in AA with Eder and Meyer.

Comment

So we have a 2020 Draft pick with a 12.25 K/BB ratio, and a 2020 Draftpick with 15.17 K/9 and neither is named Max Meyer who has a 1.59 ERA.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
          So we have a 2020 Draft pick with a 12.25 K/BB ratio, and a 2020 Draftpick with 15.17 K/9 and neither is named Max Meyer who has a 1.59 ERA.
          if we had that in the normal 40 round draft that would be cool. the draft was 5 freaking rounds last year and they traded 1 of the draft picks already to the dodgers for floro. early results indicate they knocked it out of the park.

Comment

Brigman has a ton of extra base hits this month, good to see him starting to hit like he did when traded for him in 2018.

Comment

Edward Cabrera at Jupiter 3 IP 0 runs 2 hits 0 BBs 8 Ks

Comment

Originally posted by Spork5812 View Post
                Brigman has a ton of extra base hits this month, good to see him starting to hit like he did when traded for him in 2018.
                Probably the heir apparent to Berti. Which means he’s a steal considering we got him for Cameron Maybin.

Comment

6/12

AAA Jacksonville: W, 8-7 (10 Innings)

Brigman: 2-5, 3 R, HR (2), RBI, K
                  J.Sanchez: 3-5, 2 R, 2B, HR (9), 2 RBI
                  D.Marrero: 2-3, 2 RBI, BB
                  Wallach: 1-4, RBI
                  Bird: 2-4, R
                  S.Chavez: 1-4, R, HR (2), 2 RBI, 2 K
                  J.A.Smith: .2 IP, 1 K
                  A.Guillen: 3 IP, 1 H, 1 BB, 1 K
                  Melotakis: 2.1 IP, 3 H, 3 ER, 0 BB, 2 K, 3 HRA
                  Guenther: W, 1 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 0 ER

AA Pensacola: L, 6-1

Sims: 2-5, 3 K
                  Burdick: 1-3, R, 2B, 2 BB, 2 K
                  Bleday: 3-5, 2 K
                  Encarnacion: 0-4, RBI, 3 K
                  Fortes: 2-4, BB
                  Eder: L, 6 IP, 7 H, 4 R, 3 ER, 2 BB, 5 K
                  Roberson: 1 IP, 2 K

A+ Beloit: L, 5-1

C.Scott: 1-5, K, CS
                  Banfield: 1-4, 3 K
                  Aracena: 2-3, BB, SB
                  Kone: 0-3, RBI, BB, K
                  Hoeing: L, 6 IP, 9 H, 4 ER, 0 BB, 4 K, 1 HRA
                  Walters: 2 IP, 2 H, 1 ER, 1 BB, 4 K

A Jupiter: L, 1-0

Polanco: 1-4, 2 K
                  Barstad: 0-2, 2 BB, K
                  Burgos: 1-4, 2B, 2 K
                  Orr: 1-4, K
                  E.Cabrera: 3 IP, 2 H, 8 K
                  M.Johnson: L, 5.1 IP, 2 H, 1 ER, 7 BB, 6 K

Comment

jesus sanchez's hr went 508 feet. he needs to be up here very soon and just platoon Dickerson and duvall.

Cabrera's 2 hits allowed I think were the first few hitters he faced so looks like he settled in about as well as you possible can.

Kind of ironic that Eder dominates for a month and a half and they never let him go more than 5 innings, then struggles last night and ends up being allowed to go 6.

Bleday continues to impress.

Comment

Kind of ironic that Eder dominates for a month and a half and they never let him go more than 5 innings, then struggles last night and ends up being allowed to go 6.
                      I was going to say the same thing. Last start he had a perfect game and only 60 pitches and they took him out. This one he struggles somewhat and they let him go 6 innings and 90 pitches.

Comment

Nick Fortes has a .370 OBP, 94 ABs.

Comment

I was going to say the same thing. Last start he had a perfect game and only 60 pitches and they took him out. This one he struggles somewhat and they let him go 6 innings and 90 pitches.
                          I've always found it stupid how innings are the main factor we use for minor leaguers instead of number of pitches. If in an alternate universe somehow eder throws 150 pitches in the first inning and doesn't get pulled, is that somehow more cautious for injury prevention than 5 innings and 80 pitches?

Comment

Nick Fortes has a .370 OBP, 94 ABs.
                            hope I'm wrong but I don't see him as a prospect really. He was a pretty high pick but he is already 24, will be 25 in November, and doesn't have any power. However it does seem like he has good plate discipline and doesn't strike out a lot, which is refreshing after alfaro torture for the last few years. I also haven't seen much about his defense. If he's supposed to be good defensively maybe that bat can play. I can see a comparison to John Baker as a hitter but from the right hand side. Not significant power but contact abilities and plate discipline that allow him to make an impact.

Will banfield on the other hand continues to make Jeff Mathis' bat look like steroid years barry bonds. He's 640 ab's into his minor league career now and hasn't shown a single hint that he will ever be able to hit at even a below average level.

Comment

hope I'm wrong but I don't see him as a prospect really. He was a pretty high pick but he is already 24, will be 25 in November, and doesn't have any power. However it does seem like he has good plate discipline and doesn't strike out a lot, which is refreshing after alfaro torture for the last few years. I also haven't seen much about his defense. If he's supposed to be good defensively maybe that bat can play. I can see a comparison to John Baker as a hitter but from the right hand side. Not significant power but contact abilities and plate discipline that allow him to make an impact.

Will banfield on the other hand continues to make Jeff Mathis' bat look like steroid years barry bonds. He's 640 ab's into his minor league career now and hasn't shown a single hint that he will ever be able to hit at even a below average level.
                              I don't see fortes as a starter, but could be a solid backup, maybe platoon option if you can find a lefty-hitting catcher. I've watched some Pensacola games and his defense hasn't stood out, which is probably a good thing for a catcher.

Comment

I don't see fortes as a starter, but could be a solid backup, maybe platoon option if you can find a lefty-hitting catcher. I've watched some Pensacola games and his defense hasn't stood out, which is probably a good thing for a catcher.
                                not standing out seems like gold glove defense compared to what we've seen from Alfaro and Wallach defensively so far this year

Comment

Working...
                                X