Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Minors?

https://ballparkdigest.com/2020/11/0...f-milb-emerge/

Three Triple-A teams—San Antonio, Fresno and Wichita—have been designated to move from Triple-A to Double-A’s Texas League or (in the case of Fresno) to what will be the Low-A Cal League. Taking their place: St. Paul, where the Minnesota Twins could affiliate with the St. Paul Saints; Sugar Land and Jacksonville, which will become the Miami Marlins’ top affiliate. Miami is one of the winners in the realignment, with a Triple-A affiliate just up the coast and the addition of Pensacola as a Double-A affiliate.

Here’s what we’re looking at today in terms of Class A alignments:

LOW A
    California League (8 teams)
    Florida State League (10 teams)
    Sally League (12 teams)

HIGH A
    Midwest League
    Northwest League
    Carolina League
    New Mid-Atlantic League

Looking like Miami will have
    AAA(IL)-Jax
    AA(SL)-Pensacola
    Hi A(Mid Atlantic OR Carolina)-? Think they trying to get something as close to Florida as possible(Myrtle Beach? Charleston? Savannah?)
    Lo A(FSL starting later and less games)-Jupiter
    GCL-GCL Marlins
    DSL-DSL Marlins
    Last edited by tjfla; 11-04-2020, 07:50 AM.

no chance of Savannah -- the whole point of this realignment exercise is to get better facilities, and Grayson Stadium is so old and run down the previous MiLB team left there. City won't make improvements.
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
      no chance of Savannah -- the whole point of this realignment exercise is to get better facilities, and Grayson Stadium is so old and run down the previous MiLB team left there. City won't make improvements.
      Ya not likely. Im just mentioning where they are looking-that area.SC/GA/AL and even heard IF could swing it a FSL team now that they purchase and run(Disney,Viera or Daytona Beach). Issue with the FSL team is most others would be in Carolinas/VA or AL/Miss/Arkansas and that is a long ass drive

The FSL team would be someone WITHOUT a Spring Training partner anymore. Its a longshot but something they have looked at especially since alot of teams will have Low A closer to home. Reds would rather have Low A in Dayton or WV and Disney/Viera are both empty

GCL/Low A-Jupiter
      High A-Central FL
      Double A-Pcola
      AAA-Jax

Not a bad gig IF they can get it
      Last edited by tjfla; 11-13-2020, 06:54 AM.

Comment

TJ if their high-A team gets put at Disney or Viera I'll never give you crap for your insider schtick again.

Comment

I have inside info that makes me doubt it'll be Viera though. When the Nationals Spring training left they could've continued hosting the single-A team, but the stadium actually kicked them out because they determined they could make more money with youth baseball. So I think it's unlikely that minor league baseball returns to Viera without spring training.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
            TJ if their high-A team gets put at Disney or Viera I'll never give you crap for your insider schtick again.
            No insider stuff just saying what they kicking around. Have like 7 cities on the "list"

I highly doubt they do. Just something they are kicking around is Disney,Viera,Daytona Beach. Like said the 2 Hi A divisions are NOT close to Central FL and its a drive. Daytona is likely the most likely IF they do this-I think they go with Myrtle Beach/Charleston or an AL/MS team(Mobile? Rocket City? Birmingham? Biloxi?) myself
            Last edited by tjfla; 11-13-2020, 01:48 PM.

Comment

UPDATE and yep this is from my insider HAHA. He said MLB is picking the MiLB teams for MLB teams NOT letting teams pick really(They are listening to input but they are pretty much telling teams this is where u are going unless u own the team). Marlins have 4 or 5 options but MLB hasnt decided yet as they arent sure about the other teams yet. Marlins would love to get into Daytona and have all teams in FL but the travel(like mentioned) is likely too much ad not really an option. The 4 options are Rocket City/Myrtle Beach/Charleston/Savannah/Columbia

Rocket City is in Madison,AL(North Alabama) and they used to be the Biloxi Shuckers
              Myrtle Beach is with the Cubs and Cubs would like to be closer to Chicago and other teams
              Charleston used to be with NYY
              Columbia used to be with NYM and have a very very nice stadium!!!
              Last edited by tjfla; 11-14-2020, 06:49 AM.

Comment

According to Baseball Digest
                Asheville Rockies Marlins New affiliation in the works

Asheville for us
                Charleston for TB

Comment

So after all that crap about wanting to be close and all we get

AAA-Jax
                  AA-Pcola
                  Hi A-Beloit(WISCONSIN?????)
                  Lo A-Jupiter

Comment

All the teams are fish-themed.

We did it.

Comment

According to google a shrimp is not a fish, but a crustacean.

So close.

Comment

For those interested in prospect analysis, here's Baseball America's recent Marlins Top 10 for 2021 podcast. https://www.baseballamerica.com/stor...-10-prospects/
                        I disagree with quite a bit of the analysis ... unsurprisingly.

Comment

Working...
                        X