No announcement yet.

2013 Draft General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I highly doubt it. I believe that has nothing to do with his "performance". From what I know, Aderall is supposed to make you focus, which I think is the reason why it is used for individuals with (ADHD?). I've heard that it is VERY popular by students in law school because it helps them remember what they studied.

Comment

It's banned by MLB without a prescription. Which he doesn't have. It contains two different amphetamines. (It's what Carlos Ruiz was banned 25 games for)
      Originally posted by Madman81
      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

I think there's a good chance he drops now...

but I don't think we'd take him either

Comment

I feel like even with it his floor is still 3-5

If for some reason he drops to us and we pass I'd be sooooooo angry
          Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.

Comment

if he dropped because of "drug" use, you can bet your ass we'd follow suit

they don't want another Jeff Allison on their hands (even if addherol to oxycontin is a major jump)

Comment

Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
              Jonathan Gray got busted for "drugs" (Adderall)

any chance he drops to us now?
              Nope,report has already come out that with his positive test that his people told Houston they will give them even a bigger discount then what they previously discussed if they took him #1. So the test makes it even more likely he is #1

SP Aaron Blair also tested positive for Adderall-we had been linked to him with our #35 pick.

Comment

is he from Houston?

Comment

Adderall is speed and could be used as a way to enhance performance. It would allow him to push himself a lot harder than normal and he'd probably be moving slightly faster too. In some people with ADHD it has a different effect because of differences in their brain works. It can also help the general population concentrate as well which is why it is a popular drug among competitive students. But this concentration could be focused on training.

Comment

Anyone taking Sean Manaea with that 35th pick we have?

I'm fully expecting Braden Shipley as our #6.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Z View Post
                      Anyone taking Sean Manaea with that 35th pick we have?

I'm fully expecting Braden Shipley as our #6.
                      If they get Shipley below slot and come back and get Manaea, that would be an excellent haul.

There are some rumors the Rockies are going to take Dominic Smith. If that happens, Moran or Bryant (most likely Moran) would almost certainly be there at 6. There is also some talk the Twins like McGuire.

Comment

• I'm not a fan of Moran.

Bryant is a beast.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Z View Post
                          I'm not a fan of Moran.

Bryant is a beast.
                          Bryant would be the absolute best case scenario, but you would have to think there's almost no chance he gets to 6. Even if the Rockies take Smith, you would think the Indians would take him at 5 unless they've already cut a deal with someone.

I'm luke-warm on Moran. He's advanced and will almost certainly hit for average. He also obviously plays a position the Marlins need help at and seems to have a pretty high floor. I also prefer a guy who's going to play every day over one who will only play once every 5. That being said, Shipley has a higher ceiling and could be a very good pitcher. Add in Manaea (which would be more likely if you go below slot for Shipley) and you have the upside for one of the best starting rotations in baseball with just those two and Fernandez. Conley, Nicolino, Heaney, or anyone else in the system would just be an added bonus.

Comment

• Why are you not a fan of Moran? Dude rakes

Comment

• I prefer a bit more power from the hot corner.

Comment

• what's Moran hitting?

Comment

Working...
                                X