No announcement yet.

2013 Draft General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't really see why people are so quick to give up on Lomo. Lingering resentment from Hermida's flameout?
    poop

Comment

• Well if Marisnick, Ozuna and Yelich all click (who knows) and we've got those 3 plus a signed Stanton (which I think will happen, but again who knows), then we've got 5 guys for 4 spots. Someone has to be the odd man out. It's not giving up on Morrison, it's asset management. Stanton's signed in this scenario and the other 3 are under control for much longer than LoMo.

This is a 2015 issue at the earliest. Marisnick is going to take some time, even if he does put it together.

I don't care about Yelich's power at 1B. Position-specific offense is silly to me, I don't care what comes from where, only the end game.
      Last edited by HUGG; 06-07-2013, 03:18 AM.

Comment

• Would Yelich be athletic enough to play the middle infield?
        Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
        Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
        Noah Perio
        Jupiter
        39 AB
        15 H
        0 2B
        0 3B
        0 HR
        0 BB
        .385/.385/.385

Comment

• Remember back in 2003 when we were dying to have a lefty in the lineup and then got Todd Hollandsworth as 4th OF?

Oh how the tables have turned, bitches.

Comment

• Anyone happen to know of a site where I can stream audio for today's draft via iPhone?
            Originally posted by Madman81
            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Really hoping we can snatch Jon Denney. He's a catcher out of high school. I love his swing.

Comment

• Denney we like however said his asking price is high

Krook who was a hard sign before the draft should be an easy sign right now. His price was said to be around 1.5(Slot was 1.4)

The reason we took Trevor Williams and Colby Suggs was to save some cash,they wanted arms who could move fast and give a discount. The total slot for those 2 is like 2.2 million so we prolly saved alot.

Suggs is a nice arm tho that could be the closer in GBoro right now. The only issue with Suggs is he is pretty much a Boom or Bust type closer. His stuff wont play for more than an inning

Comment

• What holes are we looking to fill the next couple of rounds?

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Z View Post
                    What holes are we looking to fill the next couple of rounds?

Pretty Much our usually

Catchers
                    Athletes
                    Lefties

They keep saying that the new strategy is draft young guys and build through the draft but until I see it I dont believe it.

So far we have had a nice draft-3B and Closer in GBoro,young HS arm in GCL,SP for NYPL. No reaches or anything YET

Comment

• Whatever happened to Jeremy Martinez? A catcher from Cali. A few months ago some mocks had him as the #1 overall pick and most had him going top 10.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Godfather View Post
                        Whatever happened to Jeremy Martinez? A catcher from Cali. A few months ago some mocks had him as the #1 overall pick and most had him going top 10.
                        http://www.minorleagueball.com/2013/...tain-valley-ca
                        "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                        - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

• I've gotta run so if someone can handle rounds 6-10 that'd be great
                          Originally posted by Madman81
                          Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Hard to complain about our draft so far. Taking guys who look like they could develop rather than 5th year Seniors or arms that are easy signs

Comment

• Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                              I've gotta run so if someone can handle rounds 6-10 that'd be great
                              LIES

Comment

• http://www.baseballamerica.com/draft....php?team=1027

Is the baseballamerica database for the Marlins.

Currently $127,700 Under slot.

Remaining signs can be found here:

http://www.baseballamerica.com/draftdb/2013unsigned.php

Remaining with slot rounds 1-10:
                                Moran - $3,516,500
                                Krook - $1,587,700
                                Williams - $1,261,400 - SIGNED FOR SLOT
                                DeLuzio - $681,700

Think these will sign for near slot - not sure how much will be left over for the later round HS signs
                                Last edited by Cambridge; 06-22-2013, 01:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X