No announcement yet.

6/28 - 7/4 Minor League Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd let him marinate a while longer. Maybe a cup of coffee in August.

Comment

What is everyone's opinion on Fernandez's two High-A starts?

10IP 9H 7R 7ER 0HR 4BB 9K 6.30ERA 1.33 GO/AO .231AVG
      LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Adversity isn't a bad thing. He'll adjust.

Comment

Originally posted by Mainge View Post
          I'd let him marinate a while longer. Maybe a cup of coffee in August.
          Lol.

Yea, I agree. Let him keep this up for the rest of July and then send him to Double A. Who knows, if he does and then kills it in Double A next season for the first two months, he could be called up in 2013.

Comment

I think Yelich deserves a promotion to Jacksonville around the end of July, or around August 1st if he continues his current pace. His numbers have consistently shown him to be a poor man's Bryce Harper since he entered the minor leagues. I'm going to say that 56 games is a decent enough sample size to say that Yelich has squeezed out close to all he can learn from Jupiter. Batting near .600 the last week. He's shown no signs of slowing down. You can never be too careful with a 20 year old kid. But I think Yelich has proven that his development has fast tracked him to a call up to Jacksonville, and could easily be a September call up in 2013 if all goes right.

This isn't a Giancarlo Stanton situation where it was CLEARLY a man playing among boys and was just biding his time until he got fast tracked to the majors. Yelich will go through the proper steps, and I'm honestly expecting September 2013 to see him with the Marlins. He'll be close to 22 years old by that time, and will give him a quick glimpse at major league pitching before hopefully becoming a full time starter in 2014. I know this because Back to the Future Part II told me Yelich was in the starting lineup when Miami plays the Cubs in the World Series
            Last edited by dim; 07-05-2012, 12:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X