X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General Zephyrs 2012 Discussion

Talk about the Zephyrs here.
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

The Miami Marlins have released left-handed pitcher Beau Jones from Triple-A New Orleans. He posted a 7.54 ERA for the Zephyrs.

Kevin Goldstein
    ‏@Kevin_Goldstein
    The Marlins have released LHP Beau Jones, the former Braves/Rangers prospect and 41st overall pick in the 2005 draft.
    LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

After being released by the Padres, C Brad Davis was re-signed and sent to AAA. He hit just .155 in 129 at-bats for the Pads' AAA club this year, and he briefly played for the Marlins in '10.

Comment

The New Orleans Zephyrs silenced the Tacoma Rainiers whirling their league leading tenth shutout of the season.
        http://www.sportsnola.com/sports/zep...utout-win.html
        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.

Comment

The Zephyrs hit three home runs and set a new franchise record for homers in a season. The shutout is the Zephyrs league leading 12th shutout of the season.
          http://www.houmatoday.com/article/20...HR-mark-in-win

Comment

Way to go, Luke Montz

Comment

The Zephyrs season is now over. They were supposed to have a weekend series at home versus the Iowa Cubs but that was cancelled because of Hurricane Isaac.

Comment

Renewed their PDC through 2014

The Zephyrs and Miami Marlins, both happy with their relationship, have decided to stick together for two more seasons.

The Zephyrs and Marlins have agreed to extend their player-development contract, keeping New Orleans the Triple-A affiliate of Miami through 2014, Zephyrs General Manager Mike Schline said Friday.

“They’re great to work with,” Schline said of the Marlins, who have been the Zephyrs’ parent team since 2009.

Marlins director of player development Brian Chattin offered a similar assessment of the Zephyrs.

“For me, one of the most important parts of any partnership are the people you work with and the relationships that are formed,” Chattin said. “There’s something to be said for the people you work with and treat you the right way.”

Also, New Orleans is a good fit geographically in the Miami organization, Chattin said. The Marlins’ Double-A team is in Jacksonville, Fla. The organization has been able to move players quickly between Jacksonville and New Orleans, and between New Orleans and Miami, he said.

“I think it’s a good fit for both sides,” Chattin said. “I think stability in any situation is a good thing.”
                The longest stint that the Zephyrs spent in one organization was eight years, from 1997 to 2004, when the parent team was the Houston Astros.

Since coming to New Orleans from Denver, the Zephyrs have played under five big-league teams - the Milwaukee Brewers from 1993 to 1996, the Astros, the Washington Nationals from 2005-2006, the New York Mets from 2007-2008 and the Marlins.

The Zephyrs returned home by bus from Round Rock on Friday after finishing a four-game series with the Express. The games had been scheduled for Zephyr Field but moved to Round Rock, Texas, because of Hurricane Isaac. The Zephyrs were to finish their season with a four-game home series starting today against Iowa, but the games were canceled.

New Orleans finished 73-67, the Zephyrs’ first winning season since 2007.
                http://www.nola.com/zephyrs/index.ss...to_remain.html

Comment

Working...
                X