Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patrick Claussen, 3B

Discuss

Washington State University third baseman Patrick Claussen was selected by the Miami Marlins in the 34th round of the 2012 MLB First-Year Player Draft Wednesday.

Claussen was the third Cougar drafted Wednesday and the fifth in 2012. Other Washington State student-athletes selected were first baseman Taylor Ard (seventh round/Seattle Mariners), outfielder Derek Jones (eighth round/Colorado Rockies), second baseman Tommy Richards (24th round/Baltimore Orioles) and outfielder Kyle Johnson (25th round/Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim).

A native of Renton, Wash., Claussen was the ninth pick in the round and the 1,037th overall. He is the fourth Cougar to be drafted by the Marlins joining pitcher Chad Miles (1994), third baseman Paul Gran (2008) and pitcher Adam Conley (2011). Gran is currently with Jacksonville (AA) and Conley is with Greensboro (A) in the Marlins' organization.

"I'm very blessed and fortunate," Claussen said. "I want to thank all my coaches throughout my career. Once a Cougar, always a Coug."

A senior, Claussen batted .301 in his final season with the Cougars. His 17 doubles are tied for seventh in the Pac-12. He started 53 games this season and is a three-time conference all-academic honoree.

"This is the best draft for me since I have been at Washington State," Cougar Head Coach Donnie Marbut said. "All of these guys worked very hard to have a professional opportunity and each one of them deserves it."
    http://www.wsucougars.com/sports/m-b...060612aac.html

once a cougar, always a coug
    --------------------
    bats lefty, throws right
    Last edited by emkayseven; 06-07-2012, 08:34 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Signed according to BA: http://www.baseballamerica.com/draft....php?team=1027
      Christian Yelich
      LF, Greensboro Grasshoppers
      12/5/1991 - 19 years old

.299/.375/.461/.836
      100-334, 24 2B, 0 3B, 10 HR, 38 BB, 74 SO, 26 SB (4 CS)

------------------------------------

Last 10 Games:
      .394/.512/.697/1.155

Last Update: 7/27/2011

Comment

Working...
      X