No announcement yet.

Blake Logan, RHP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

struck out 22 in one 10-inning game in summer ball last year: http://theadanews.com/sports/x119130...-in-Braves-win
    --------------------
    from September, so not sure if this just didn't happen or if it was meant for next year:

Eastern Oklahoma State College pitcher Blake Logan has given Wichita State's baseball team an oral commitment, according to coach Craig Price.

"He was excited that baseball is kind of king up there, since they don't have football," Price said. "That and the relationship with (pitching coach) Brent Kemnitz, who has a great reputation, really convinced him."

Logan (6-foot-1, 220 pounds) is a sophomore at Eastern Oklahoma and will have two years of eligibility at WSU. He is from Roff, Okla., and played with current Shocker infielder Dayne Parker.

Price said Oklahoma and Oklahoma State also recruited Logan.

"He actually got a smaller scholarship at Wichita State than the other two schools, but he felt more comfortable at Wichita State and didn't let money become a factor," Price said.

Logan went 6-2 with a 4.40 ERA as a freshman. He made six starts and also recorded six saves. He struck out 67 and walked 14 in 45 innings.

Price said Logan will be his top starter next spring. He throws a fastball around 90-92 mph, as well as a changeup and slider.

"He throws three pitches for a strike," Price said. "He can't even toss up a ball in the air and have it straight. He's got natural movement."

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/2011/09/23/202...#storylink=cpy
    Last edited by emkayseven; 06-06-2012, 03:41 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Wichita State loses recruit to Marlins
      By Paul Suellentrop
      The Wichita Eagle

Wichita State’s baseball recruiting class took a hit before the professional draft ended.

Pitcher Blake Logan didn’t need time to consider his options once Miami met his asking price. He will sign with the club and bypass Wichita State after the Marlins grabbed him in the 13th round on Tuesday. By Wednesday morning, the final day of the draft, he called Shocker coaches to tell them his decision.

“This is a once-in-a-liftime thing,” he said. “This is why I play baseball, to get drafted.”

Logan, a sophomore at Eastern Oklahoma State College, was expected to earn a spot in WSU’s weekend rotation next season, perhaps as the No. 1 starter. He went 11-2 with a 1.55 earned run average and 124 strikeouts in 93 innings.

“It’s frustrating,” WSU pitching coach Brent Kemnitz said. “He was a big-time, legit guy.”

Logan, a right-hander, said the Marlins agreed to his demands of a bonus of $125,000 and college tuition. Once they did, he felt obligated to sign. He was looking forward to playing with childhood friend Dayne Parker, an infielder at WSU who is also from Roff, Okla. Logan was playing summer baseball with Shocker catcher Tyler Baker, and told him he expected to go to school once 12 round passed. He weighed the chance of improving his draft status after a season at WSU against the possibility of injury.

“They gave me what I wanted, and I’m not going to go back on my word,” he said.. “It’s sad that I’m not going to Wichita. I was really excited about playing with (Parker).”

The draft will not hurt WSU beyond Logan.

No other Shocker with eligibility or incoming recruit was selected.

Senior pitcher Josh Smith went in the 25th round to Pittsburgh.
      http://www.kansas.com/2012/06/06/236...#storylink=cpy

Comment

Nice. Kinda excited about this guy, and it appears the Marlins will have some money left in the pool to sign some of these late rounders.
        Christian Yelich
        LF, Greensboro Grasshoppers
        12/5/1991 - 19 years old

.299/.375/.461/.836
        100-334, 24 2B, 0 3B, 10 HR, 38 BB, 74 SO, 26 SB (4 CS)

------------------------------------

Last 10 Games:
        .394/.512/.697/1.155

Last Update: 7/27/2011

Comment

he's not on a roster yet
          Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.

Comment

Finally playing for Jamestown

2IP 5K already this year

Comment

407) Blake Logan, RHP, Miami Marlins: Junior college pitcher from Oklahoma, overslot bonus ($125,000), stocky body (6-1, 245), low 90s heat, effective so far, 1.74 ERA with 29/7 K/BB in 31 innings for Jamestown in the NY-P, 31 hits. Age 20.
              http://www.minorleagueball.com/2012/...ormance-review

Comment

Working...
              X