Top Prospects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top Prospects

We have been doing a series on our site. I hope its okay to post here. Its meant to drive a little discussion as I think its helpful to see an outsiders view.

Any info you guys can add on your prospects helps, especially any short season guys that are tougher to get info on.

http://www.detroitbaseballpage.com/f...lorida-marlins

The first 3 are fine although I would bump Dominguez to #1 due to readiness.I don't have a problem with Rassy on the list but he's a little high, IMO.

Perio and Gallawy are poor choices, IMO. Gallaway has the tools but owns a sub-.700 OPS in the sally as a 21 year old in his 3rd year at that level. Perio is young but again, sub.700 OPS and a late rounder. I'm a JT fan but he hasn't performed either.

I think you're really underrating Ceda. Control is an issue but it was improved in AAA and his peripherals are really good, as is his actual production. Seems you've also overlooked Brad Hand. Some people thought he was a better prospect than James going into the season. Certainly he's better than Rassy and everyone behind him.

I enjoyed the writeups though.

Comment

I left Hand off actually because he was with the big club when I put the list together. It just took a while to get posted.

As far as Galloway, he definitely has a long ways to go, and its going to have to click for him soon, but the system is pretty thin and I rarely rank relievers highly. I felt his ceiling was worth the bump.

Peria, yeah, he was a low rounder, but he was bought out of a college commitment by the Marlins, and I think because he is focusing on baseball for the first time, you may see a jump in skills soon. I got positive reports on him from someone that watches SAL baseball regularly.

Comment

Perhaps you should reconsider? I understand not ranking relievers as highly but Ceda is a guy who's almost guaranteed to make it as a mainstay in the Marlins bullpen (barring injury) and has a decent chance to be a dominant swing-and-miss backend arm, whereas Galloway would be really fortune to make it passed Jupiter at this point.

Speaking of Jupiter, a guy who I've taken a liking to lately is Kyle Jensen. He's striking out way too much right now but you've got to like the power he's showing in a very pitcher friendly FSL.

Comment

still a huge Marcell Ozuna fan
          Originally posted by Madman81
          Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Ozuna

Originally posted by markotsay7 View Post
            still a huge Marcell Ozuna fan
            I have to say I'm a bigger fan of Ozuna than I am Jensen. They both have plus power potential, and about the same k rate, but Ozuna is 20 years old right now in low A, and Jensen is 23 in high A. Jensen is the better hitter right now, but he needs to move up to AA and see if he is legit or not. I think Ozuna is the better athlete and projects better going forward.

Just my opinion.

As for Ceda, I have no doubt he will pitch in the big leagues regularly. I wouldn't dispute that.

Comment

FYI just happened to be reading your top 7 prospects on the Rockies and you've got it written up that Kyle Parker played at UVA. Dude played at Clemson.

Comment

Im happy to see a Marlins prospect list with Skipworth not on it.

Comment

I think I'd feel the opposite of that.

Comment

I'm not.

Fuck him.
                    --------------------
                    and fuck the team for drafting him
                    Last edited by emkayseven; 06-30-2011, 02:43 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
                    Originally posted by Madman81
                    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

I guess you didn't understand my point. Or maybe you did and you are just happy Skipworth fulfilled your prediction when drafted.

Comment

MK7 loathes any prep player taken in the first round.
                        Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                        Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                        Noah Perio
                        Jupiter
                        39 AB
                        15 H
                        0 2B
                        0 3B
                        0 HR
                        0 BB
                        .385/.385/.385

Comment

I know...

Comment

Even if they were drafted right where they were projected to go.
                            Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                            Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                            Noah Perio
                            Jupiter
                            39 AB
                            15 H
                            0 2B
                            0 3B
                            0 HR
                            0 BB
                            .385/.385/.385

Comment

I doubt MK7 would hate them if they turned out well.

Comment

Working...
                              X