X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Round 49 | Connor Little | RHP | Hawaii

Discuss.
    --------------------
    2011 (Junior): Appeared in 12 games with 10 starts...went 4-4 on the season with a 5.18 earned run average...recorded 32 strikeouts in 48.2 innings pitched...tossed a season-high 7.1 innings at Loyola Marymount (3/4) where he earned the win allowing two runs with three strikeouts...had a season-best performance against Texas (2/26) where he pitched six shutout innings on three hits...allowed just one earned run in 5.2 innings vs. Sacramento State in a 3-2 win for the Rainbows.

2010 (Sophomore): Made 15 appearances with five starts on the mound…posted one combined shutout and one save to go along with 37 strikeouts in 39.0 innings pitched…finished the season with a 2-3 record…pitched shutout ball in four of his outings…tossed a season-high 5.2 innings at Arizona State in the NCAA Tempe Regional, recording three walks and two strikeouts…earned first win of the season at Centenary (4/20), allowing no runs on no hits with four strikeouts in four innings of work.

2009 (Freshman): Made 15 appearances, including five starts…finished the season 3-0 with a 6.49 ERA and 26 strikeouts in 34.2 innings pitched…struck out six in 2.2 no-hit innings vs. Mississippi State (Mar. 7)…pitched 2.2 scoreless innings in a win over Loyola Marymount (Mar. 13)…got a win over Coastal Carolina (Mar. 28), allowing two runs in 6.2 innings, striking out three with no walks…had a great start at Arizona State (Apr. 21), pitching 3.0 perfect innings…got the win at St. Mary’s (May 5), allowing no earned runs in 4.0 innings.
    http://hawaiiathletics.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=8455
    --------------------
    Connor Little grew up in San Diego, California. He was offered a Major League contract by the Kansas City Royals out of high school, but instead chose to pursue his education at the University of Hawaii where he is majoring in Kinesiology (Physical Therapy). In 2009 they were ranked 19th in the nation.

In the summer of 2009 Connor played for the New Bedford Bay Sox where he met Brian who was the pitching coach for the team.
    http://www.brianrosebaseball.com/connorlittle/
    --------------------
    big kid, 6'5" 230
    Last edited by emkayseven; 06-08-2011, 02:51 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

I like how we decided to go out and increase the number of guys named Connor in our organization.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

That was one of the main focuses of the draft. The system is really bare on guys named Connor/Conor/Conner.
      This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

Draft-eligible juniors Randy Yard and Connor Little were taken as was senior Alex Capaul, who the Arizona Diamondbacks chose in the 43rd round (No. 1,294).

Yard was the first guy off the board, going to the Cincinnati Reds in Round 36 (No. 1,105).

Little, who said he turned off the draft after with roughly five or six rounds left, got a call from the Florida Marlins, who took the 6-foot-5 right-hander in the 49th round (No. 1,483).

Although drafted later than he expected, Little wasn't sure if he'd return to UH.

"It's a lot tougher than getting drafted in the 11th round or something, so I'm going to take some time and sort everything out," Little said. "I talked to Coach Trap (Mike Trapasso), talked to the Marlins, and who knows, I might be there, or I might continue my goals and start playing professionally.
        "
        http://www.staradvertiser.com/sports..._draftees.html
        Originally posted by Madman81
        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Working...
        X