X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Round 45 | Tim Zufall | RF | Lamar CC

Discuss.
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Same school as Kevin Millar ?

Comment

Lamar Community College (Colo.) pitcher Tim Zufall was among three pitchers honored as the NJCAA Baseball Pitchers of the Week (April 27, 2011).

Zufall tossed seven innings against McCook Community College this past week to collect a 6-0 shutout win. The 6’3” sophomore recorded his second shutout of the year and the first I suck.I suck.I suck.I suck.I suck.I suck.I suck.I suck.I suck. of his career.

Zufall, a Pueblo, Colorado native, struck out 10 batters while only walking three in the con-test. Tim is now 9-1 on the year and the Runnin’ Lopes took home the conference championship trophy.
      http://www.lamarledger.com/ci_17948865
      --------------------
      6'4 215
      --------------------
      from 2009:

Size and strength can go a long way in sports. Just ask Tim Zufall. The former Pueblo South High School standout has made the transition from high school baseball to semipro baseball with relative ease. But it's not surprising since he boasts a 6-foot-4, 205-pound frame with room to grow. Through nine games this summer with the Pueblo Toyota Collegians, Zufall is hitting .551 and has two saves on the mound. He leads the team in hitting. What's more remarkable is that he's doing it in a league — Rocky Mountain Baseball League — that uses wooden bats exclusively. "It's a lot faster game," said Zufall about making the jump from high school to semipro. "Everybody is as good or even better than me. "But it's been good for me and the team. It goes to show that I can play at that level." Zufall said the adjustment from aluminum bats to wood hasn't been that difficult. "I played with wood last fall and did really well," he said. "And during the spring I would use wood in batting practice. I've always thought if you can swing wood, you can hit it twice as far with aluminum." Zufall knew long ago that he was going to play with college players this summer rather than join the roster of the local Connie Mack team, Loaf 'N Jug. "I could have played with Loaf 'N Jug but I couldn't have played in the state tournament (in July) because I'm too old," Zufall said. "I decided that I was going to play with the college guys and that would make me that much better." Collegians' manager Drew Hirshon is pleasantly surprised at Zufall's success. "We're very surprised," Hirshon said. "Everyone knew going in that he had really good tools. And he's been working hard." Zufall, who was the most valuable player in the South-Central League as a senior, was passed by in the recent amateur Major League baseball draft and has his sights set on playing in college. He's already signed to play at Lamar (Colorado) Community College but has his options open. "I've been talking to a couple different Division I schools but right now I'm scheduled to go to Lamar," said Zufall, who was 8-1 on the mound and hit over .500 his senior year for the Colts. Zufall has started nearly every game in right field for the Collegians and has been used as a closer on the mound where he's been clocked at 91 miles-per-hour by a Brigham Young University coach as recently as last week. He's hoping to be able to be an every day player in college as well as pitch. But he realizes that may not happen and he may have to make a choice. "Honestly, I don't know which one I like the best," he said. "Once I get to college, I'll figure it out. I've been told by some scouts that they like me as a hitter and others who have said they like me as a pitcher. "I like both and honestly can't choose one." In either case, Zufall has a bright future. He's already proved it this summer.
      http://ok.coachesaid.com/Article/200...g-with-ease106
      Last edited by emkayseven; 06-08-2011, 02:21 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
      Originally posted by Madman81
      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Working...
      X