• Show
Clear All

• Jupiter: Scott Lyman, RHP

Discuss.
    --------------------
    6'4" 215
    Last edited by emkayseven; 06-07-2011, 02:34 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Nice size,

Comment

2010: BIG WEST CONFERENCE HONORABLE MENTION after posting impressive numbers as both a pitcher and outfielder for UC Davis... Hit .356 (72-of-202) with 39 runs and 40 RBI... Led the team in doubles with 19 and recorded 5 home runs for a .525 slugging percentage... Ranked second on the team in runs, hits, RBI and homers... Went 4-for-5 with two homers and four runs against Sacramento State (3/6)... Turned in a second 4-for-5 performance against UC Santa Barbara, knocking in 6 RBI, on May 22... Closed out the season with a 3-for-6 outing against UC Riverside May 30... Totaled team-leading 22 multiple hit games... Ended the season on a 14-game hitting streak, the longest of any player all season, hitting .403 with 14 runs and 22 RBI during the run... Pitched in 14 games, starting all 14, for a 5-6 record... Struck out 61 in 80.1 innings for a 6.50 ERA... Earned Big West Conference Pitcher of the Week honors after throwing 8.0 shutout innings and giving up only three hits to Cal State Northridge May 2... Followed that by striking out a season-high 7 batters in 5.2 innings of work May 9 against Pacific.

2009: Pitched in 13 games for 39.1 innings... Went 0-5 with 2 saves and 6.41 ERA... Made 9 relief appearances, than 4 starts... Best outing was in long relief vs. Saint Mary's (4/21), striking out 4 with three hits and one run in 4.0 complete.

MONTE VISTA HS '08: Earned All-East Bay Athletic League honors during final two seasons, including first-team honors as a senior... Added second-team All-NorCal and San Francisco Chronicle All-Metro distinction... Batted .370 with 15 stolen bases in 2008, helping Mustangs to North Coast Section playoff berth... Led EBAL with 30 hits and 24 runs as a junior... Played summer ball for NorCal Baseball Club, helping team capture Junior Olympics title in 2006... NorCal finished 2nd at World Wood Bat National Championship in 2007.

PERSONAL: Born in San Francisco, Calif.... Has yet to declare a major... Parents are Tom and Margy Lyman... Older brother, Jeff, plays in the Atlanta Braves system... Proudest personal accomplishment was coming back from elbow injury to play for both UC Davis and in Cape Cod League in 2009.
      http://www.ucdavisaggies.com/sports/...n_scott00.html
      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.

Comment

Scott Lyman (UC Davis) has been difficult for scouts to evaluate this year. He's a two-way player for the Aggies, usually playing the outfield on Fridays and Saturdays and taking the mound on Sundays. Pro scouts are interested in him only as a pitcher. Scouts felt he was sometimes worn out when he pitched. At 6-foot-4 and 215 pounds, Lyman shows good arm strength, touching 96 mph with his fastball, but it's in short bursts. He has below-average mechanics, dragging his arm through the zone, so it's likely his future is in the bullpen. Lyman shows flashes of an above-average curveball and changeup, but the pitches lack consistency.

http://baseballsacramento.com/Pros_2011_Draft.html

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXfcSvfN5Uk[/ame]

Comment

I shall note that we have gone 10 rounds and not one college senior has been selected.
            Christian Yelich
            LF, Greensboro Grasshoppers
            12/5/1991 - 19 years old

.299/.375/.461/.836
            100-334, 24 2B, 0 3B, 10 HR, 38 BB, 74 SO, 26 SB (4 CS)

------------------------------------

Last 10 Games:
            .394/.512/.697/1.155

Last Update: 7/27/2011

Comment

Originally posted by Bucklin12 View Post
              I shall note that we have gone 10 rounds and not one college senior has been selected.
              Ya but last year it started at 12-23!!! Seriously it looks like we are drafting talent over signability this year,so who knows?

We have gotten some young arms,nice Relief arms,young bats and our Catcher already. Just missing is our Athlete pick and our yearly Taiwan Easterling pick
              Last edited by tjfla; 06-07-2011, 02:44 PM.

Comment

I shall call him Joshua
                God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
                - Daft

Comment

Originally posted by Bucklin12 View Post
                  Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                    Just missing is our Athlete pick and our yearly Taiwan Easterling pick
                    He is still available!

Comment

Originally posted by Chewie View Post
                      I was speaking that, positively.
                      Christian Yelich
                      LF, Greensboro Grasshoppers
                      12/5/1991 - 19 years old

.299/.375/.461/.836
                      100-334, 24 2B, 0 3B, 10 HR, 38 BB, 74 SO, 26 SB (4 CS)

------------------------------------

Last 10 Games:
                      .394/.512/.697/1.155

Last Update: 7/27/2011

Comment

Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

Originally posted by Brigham E. Pujols View Post
                          I shall call him Joshua
                          a week ago I would not have gotten this reference.

I am a better person than I was a week ago.
                          poop

Comment

Rated as 36 best prospect in Cali before the draft by ALLAN SIMPSON/DAVID RAWNSLEY

36. SCOTT LYMAN, rhp, UC Davis (Jr.)
                            Disappointing year (3-5, 4.72), but 6-4/215, flashes + stuff (FB to 95, sharp SL), command issues, also RF.
                            http://www.perfectgame.org/Articles/...x?article=5687

Comment

Signed
                              http://florida.marlins.mlb.com/team/...11&team_id=146

Might be hurt already cause listed on 7 day DL http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/m...=true&sid=t489

Signed for 85K according to BA
                              Last edited by LocoMarlinFan; 07-15-2011, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X