No announcement yet.

Chad James, SP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't love emilio as much anymore since he never plays. I don't blame him for losses when he does though like the bitter mba.

Comment

hook has been baited....

Comment

...But the fish ain't biting.

Comment

Fip is not a master baiter, I guess.
          This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

but is he master of his domain?

Comment

As long as that domain is fip.com/virgin, yes.
              This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

Saw him pitch tonight against Kannapolis.

5 IP 6 H 4 R 4 ER 3 BB 5 K 1 HR

Threw a bunch of first pitch curves for strikes, but struggled pretty bad throwing his fastball for a strike. Was all over the place. Hit 93-94 in the first but hovered 88-90 most of the game. Threw one or two sliders (I think) but didn't get them over the plate. Seemed like he was behind on every batter.

Struck out the only lefty in the lineup both times.

1st run came after SS made let a slow ground ball get past him. Not sure how it wasn't called an error. But that advanced runners to 1st and 2nd. Two WP to the next batter scored the run.

The homer to straightaway center was on a 3-1 count (hanging curve). Grooved a fastball that went for a double when he was behind in the count as well.

Did pick a guy off of first with a pretty nice move. Runner wasn't stealing, but completely froze him. Wasn't expecting it at all.

He battled the whole night. Not bad. Not great. But for a 19 year old lefty can't complain all that much.

And a side note. The pitcher (#47 didn't catch his name) who came out after James consistently threw 98-99 for two innings. 95-96 for the third. Lost the game because he threw a dribbler with 2 outs into RF, but was pretty impressed with this guy's fastball at least. Pretty much all he threw though.

Comment

This is probably the wrong thread, but I can only hope that flamarlins3 is at least 1/7 of the poster that flamarlins21 is...and if hes not, well then he needs to just get the hell out of here.

Comment

Originally posted by TealMonster08 View Post
                    This is probably the wrong thread, but I can only hope that flamarlins3 is at least 1/7 of the poster that flamarlins21 is...and if hes not, well then he needs to just get the hell out of here.
                    I must be dumb but was that a compliment or diss towards me?

Oh, and no relation btw.
                    LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

comp

Comment

Yay! And I just got the math part of it lol. Never my subject.
                        LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Encouraging article for BA subscibers about Chad James just went live. What are rules for posting that stuff?

Anyways, the report says his velocity which took a big jump before the draft has only improved. He is hitting 95 and sitting 93-94. The scout also notes an improved curve and an effective change.

Most of the article is about how James performance this year is much better than his numbers.
                          Christian Yelich
                          LF, Greensboro Grasshoppers
                          12/5/1991 - 19 years old

.299/.375/.461/.836
                          100-334, 24 2B, 0 3B, 10 HR, 38 BB, 74 SO, 26 SB (4 CS)

------------------------------------

Last 10 Games:
                          .394/.512/.697/1.155

Last Update: 7/27/2011

Comment

We can't post the article in it's entirety in here. We got in trouble before when someone did that.
                            Last edited by THE_REAL_MIBS; 08-04-2010, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucklin12 View Post
                              Encouraging article for BA subscibers about Chad James just went live. What are rules for posting that stuff?

Anyways, the report says his velocity which took a big jump before the draft has only improved. He is hitting 95 and sitting 93-94. The scout also notes an improved curve and an effective change.

Most of the article is about how James performance this year is much better than his numbers.
                              Post it in the ESPN Insiders thread.

Comment

BA just ranked him as having the best breaking pitch in the SALLY. Pretty decent acknowledgment considering guys like Vizcaino, Erlin, Ross, and Matzek were all eligible for the ranking.
                                Christian Yelich
                                LF, Greensboro Grasshoppers
                                12/5/1991 - 19 years old

.299/.375/.461/.836
                                100-334, 24 2B, 0 3B, 10 HR, 38 BB, 74 SO, 26 SB (4 CS)

------------------------------------

Last 10 Games:
                                .394/.512/.697/1.155

Last Update: 7/27/2011

Comment

Working...
                                X