6. Mike Dunn, LHP
    7. Jhan Marinez, RHP
    8. Brad Hand, LHP
    9. Kyle Skipworth, C
    10. Jose Ceda, RHP
    Two-Star Prospects
    11. Scott Cousins, OF
    Nine More:
    12. Arquimedes Caminero, RHP: This power reliever has mid-to-upper-90s heat, but it's his only plus pitch for now.
    13. Edgar Olmos, LHP: Olmos is a tall, long, projectable lefty with tons of projection, but he needs to start reaching it.
    14. Rob Rasmussen, LHP: A second-round pick from June, Rasmussen is an undersized lefty with good velocity and a good breaking ball.
    15. Mark Canha, OF: Scouts praise hit bat, but he better hit as a future first baseman/left fielder type.
    16. Tom Koehler, RHP: He's more moxie than stuff, but he's hardly a finesse pitcher and has already won at upper levels.
    17. J.T. Realmuto, C: This third-round pick set offensive records at high school in Oklahoma. He will move up this list if he can catch.
    18. Steve Cishek, RHP: He's a tall right-hander who has set-up man possibilities with a plus fastball/slider combination.
    19. Ike Galloway, OF: This athletic outfielder missed the season due to wrist problems and a bruised kidney.
    20. Austin Brice, RHP: An over-slot ninth-rounder, Brice has size and velocity, but is far more a thrower than a pitcher.

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/ar...rticleid=12636

Disappointing they don't view James as a 4 star, but I was expecting all the prospect lists to be toss ups in the 4-15 range.

Comment

Dear everyone,

Please note that ELIH IS NOT ON THIS LIST AND KOEHLER IS NUMBER 16.

Love,
      Me

P.S. Merry Christmas
      Originally posted by Madman81
      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Not that you're wrong, but for what it's worth, these guys seem to miss people each year. Because they are not the prospect writer for one team, it seems harder for them to get a legit gauge on everyone. Then again, Mike Berardino is the Marlins guy and yet he misses people all the time.

Comment

Yeah but looking just at stats and accolades elih would be pretty high
          Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.

Comment

Can someone post what they said about Yelich, James, Martinez, Ozuna, Dunn, etc.?

The only full scouting report they give is for Dominguez; I guess you have to be an insider for the rest of the list?

Comment

I like Robert Morey. Apparently no one else does.
              Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
              Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
              Noah Perio
              Jupiter
              39 AB
              15 H
              0 2B
              0 3B
              0 HR
              0 BB
              .385/.385/.385

Comment

I like Andreyclzk

Comment

Originally posted by FishFanInPA View Post
                  I like Andreyclzk
                  He's 24, and has only thrown 5 mediocre innings above A ball.

Comment

Fip lives for mediocrity (see: Bonifacio, Jai Miller, his sex life)

Comment

BTW, since I don't think anyone here regarded Dunn as a prospect, yet he was on BP's list:

Here's qualification needed to be eligible for ROTY according to wiki:

130 at bats, 50 innings pitched or 45 days on the active roster of a Major League club (excluding time in military service or on the disabled list) before September 1

He has just 23 IP pitched but the question was service time. He was not called up until September first in 2009 for the Yankees, so that service time is thrown out. In 2010 for the braves, he had about 38 days of service time before September 1st. So he is in fact rookie eligible/still considered a prospect.
                      --------------------
                      Originally posted by markotsay7 View Post
                      Fip lives for mediocrity (see: Bonifacio, Jai Miller, his sex life)
                      Also, all of those are far below average, which is what mediocrity is
                      Last edited by nny; 12-27-2010, 09:09 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Koehler has moxie though and moxie wins championships.

Comment

http://soflamarlins.com/showpost.php...1&postcount=59

Comment

Working...
                          X