Elih Villaneuva
    3.33%
    Christian Yelich
    16.67%

The poll is expired.

LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Brad Hand.

He's due for a big year, I think, and I think he's underrated as a prospect as a whole.
    poop

Comment

Yelich

Comment

Hand
        "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
        - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

Originally posted by Swift View Post
          Yelich
          I think he's next, just based on his youth and compared to Hand's AA-ness.

Also, have to wonder about him growth wise as they say he's going to hit for average, but there isn't much power in the bat. A projected low .800 OPSing neutral-below average defensive player at a corner position doesn't excite me to much. He ain't Logan, he's a projected better Gaby? Two cents. 2-3-4 are probably toss ups in the end.

Comment

Yelich is meant to be ++ defensively and as a 17 year old (right, wasn't he a super young senior??) to come in and do everything asked of him in his first short season of pro ball, I'm kind of liking it, even if he does have positional short-comings.

Comment

Originally posted by Swift View Post
              Yelich is meant to be ++ defensively and as a 17 year old (right, wasn't he a super young senior??) to come in and do everything asked of him in his first short season of pro ball, I'm kind of liking it, even if he does have positional short-comings.
              I've read he has a strong arm, and is athletic, but doesn't really project to a + in left field. Where did you see this?

Comment

I thought he projected as a + 1B, that his time in the OF would be a temporary kind of thing.

Comment

I've always thought he was + with the glove with good speed but - with his arm because of his throwing motion.
                  "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                  - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph View Post
                    I've always thought he was + with the glove with good speed but - with his arm because of his throwing motion.
                    Yeah, same.

Comment

Yelich will be 19 on opening day. He has decent speed, plus glove but very very laughably poor throwing mechanics. If he gets that smoothed out, I'd expect he'd be about average in the arm department. I think the FO said that he projects to the OF based on his power projections.

Comment

This list is going to be the anti-thesis of exciting after Yelich.

I voted Hand. He dun broke out.
                        Christian Yelich
                        LF, Greensboro Grasshoppers
                        12/5/1991 - 19 years old

.299/.375/.461/.836
                        100-334, 24 2B, 0 3B, 10 HR, 38 BB, 74 SO, 26 SB (4 CS)

------------------------------------

Last 10 Games:
                        .394/.512/.697/1.155

Last Update: 7/27/2011

Comment

Originally posted by lou View Post
                          I've read he has a strong arm, and is athletic, but doesn't really project to a + in left field. Where did you see this?
                          I've read that his arm isn't that great.

Comment

He was at Sun Life when he signed his pro contract, if the FO really thinks a guy with his build profiles to have corner OF power, then best of luck to them.

The comparison I believe that was made with him was Casey Kotchman, high average, plus D, plus glove. Granted, I havent seen him play, but that seems to be a reasonable comparison to make based on his build and numbers. If he adds a 20something homer stroke, my oh my we are in business.
                            Last edited by Swifty; 12-03-2010, 02:26 PM.

Comment

I probably should have clarified that they moved him because of having a poor power projection. I thought that was obvious.
                              --------------------
                              I think his bat plays better in LF personally.
                              Last edited by Mainge; 12-03-2010, 02:01 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Working...
                              X