Couple Random Things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple Random Things

So our hitters in the low minors is shit. The only positive this year has been Skipworth's power.

Just a couple other things to look at those:

Chase Austin has been coming on real strong lately. OPS per month:

April: .676
    May: .762
    June: .860
    July: .899

His season line is currently .266/.349/.457/.807. That's a very nice .191 ISo even though it's Greensboro (too lazy to do park factors atm). He has a decent walk rate (9.4%) and good K rate (15.3%). The main thing is his BABIP which is a bit low for the season (.284).

And that's also the difference in his months really is BABIP, as his power, walks, and strike outs were around the same. So that trend is going up and hopefully stays that way the rest of the season so he can finish with a pretty OPS

He also KILLED the ball in college

At 22 years old, certainly isn't anything interesting. But maybe future bench bat. Google gets me nothing (I really wish tandb didn't die, the draft database was so fucking awesome. Don't let this one go away) outside of the fact that Ramp ranked him our 45th prospect going into the year.

Andddd Paul Gran has the honor of still being the only jupiter player with a OPS over .675. He's showing real good power (.169, and again not park factored). But a horrible BB/K (0.23) and 24 years old.

He reminds me a lot of Ryan Curry. Both killed in Jameston, then sucked in Greensboro, then showed good power in Jupiter. Curry put up a good .277/.328/.464/.792 OPS last year (0.37 BB/K), compared to Gran's .265/.320/.434/.753.

But Curry is getting killed in Jacksonville.

Both are supreme defenders going by TotalZone though, so if either ever figures out how to hit they got real value coming off the bench.

I got something for that ass

Scotty Cuz each month:

April: .210/.292/.290 (62ab)
    May: .282/.300/.487 (39ab)
    June: .190/.244/.291 (79ab)
    July: .342/.373/.557 (79ab)

He had 3 homeruns the first 3 months, 4 in July. Would be awesome if he stayed hot the rest of the season. He's been a 2nd half player his entire minor league career.

Comment

Working...
    X