Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Round 33 | D'Andre Toney | OF | Hardaway HS (GA)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Round 33 | D'Andre Toney | OF | Hardaway HS (GA)

discuss
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Football player with 4.34 40 Speed

Don't see alot of baseball stuff tho

Comment

5'8" 162

Vertical Jump 40.6"
      40-yd dash 4.32
      20-yd shuttle 4.25
      Power ball throw 43'
      http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recrui...ecruitId=89482

that's his football stuff
      --------------------
      signed to play baseball at Gulf Coast CC but is one of the top football players in Georgia
      Last edited by emkayseven; 06-09-2010, 12:23 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.

Comment

Jun. 10--After spending his childhood watching his favorite baseball players' careers unfold, D'Andre Toney said he is excited to be able get his own underway.

The recently graduated Hardaway outfielder was selected by the Florida Marlins in the 33rd round of the Major League Baseball draft on Wednesday with the 1,007th overall pick. He joined two other players with local ties selected during the draft's third and final day.

"As a little kid, you dream about this," Toney said. "When you're a kid, you watch and imitate your favorite players. Now I get my chance to make it up through Double-A and Triple-A."

Toney was joined Wednesday by Columbus State's Jason Rogers, who went to the Milwaukee Brewers in the 32nd round, and former Russell County player and Auburn signee Bryce Lane, who was selected by the Houston Astros in the 44th round.

Each of the players said Wednesday afternoon they had not decided whether to sign a contract or play college baseball. Toney has signed to play at Gulf Coast Community College next season, Rogers is a rising senior at CSU, and Lane signed to play with Auburn after two seasons at GCCC.

Toney, who had worked out for the Marlins several times and been in close contact with a scout, said he was impressed with the team's interest in him.

"I really liked that they spent time with me at the workouts, helping me improve," Toney said. "I went to two or three workouts, and I thought I did pretty good. I guess they liked me, too."

Toney batted .453 with eight home runs, 24 RBIs, 48 runs and 25 stolen bases for Hardaway in 2010 and was named a first-team Ledger-Enquirer All-Bi-City selection. He said he hopes to make a decision about signing by the end of the week.
        seems like he's eager to sign

http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/yb/146041960

Comment

Gulf Coast Community College has 2 of Colby Rasmus's little brothers playing for it IIRC. One is a SS who slugged like .700 this year.
          Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
          Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
          Noah Perio
          Jupiter
          39 AB
          15 H
          0 2B
          0 3B
          0 HR
          0 BB
          .385/.385/.385

Comment

Cool story, Hansel.
            poop

Comment

Thanks.
              Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
              Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
              Noah Perio
              Jupiter
              39 AB
              15 H
              0 2B
              0 3B
              0 HR
              0 BB
              .385/.385/.385

Comment

D’Andre Toney, a former Hardaway player and Gulf Coast Community College signee, has been in contact with the Florida Marlins since they selected him 1,007th overall in the 33rd round. But Toney said he is waiting for the team to make the next move.
                The Marlins are still in negotiations with several of their earlier picks, Toney said, and the team is expected to make him an offer that will be based on how well it fares in those negotiations.
                “I’m pursuing it, but they are going to give me an offer after some of the other picks decide,” Toney said. “I think it will happen real soon, though.”

Read more: http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/2010/...#ixzz0tM6TxRg4

Comment

Working...
                X