33 BB and 29 K in 306 pa = good contact but not very good eye

.211 adjusted ISO

Comment

His brother plays on the team too but Dallas is better
      LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

6'0" 188

he's an ed tech major which is what I'm getting my masters in so I wub heem
        Originally posted by Madman81
        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Pine Forest High graduate drafted by Florida Marlins

By Sammy Batten
          Staff writer

Dallas Poulk didn't care where he went, as long as he went somewhere Tuesday.

The destination wound up being the Sunshine State for the Pine Forest High School graduate, who was selected by the Florida Marlins in the 19th round of the Major League Baseball draft.

Poulk, a senior second baseman at N.C. State, was the 587th pick overall.

"I was just glad to be taken by somebody,'' Poulk said. "Florida is a great team and a great spot for me. I'm definitely excited about the future and where it goes from here. I'm excited about being a Marlin.''

Poulk is expected to be assigned to one of Florida's minor-league affiliates for the remainder of the summer.

He probably won't learn for at least another 48 hours where he'll play, but the Marlins have a full-season Class A affiliate in Greensboro where Poulk and the Wolfpack recently competed in the Atlantic Coast Conference tournament.

A third-team All-American as selected by Collegiate Baseball magazine this season, Poulk led N.C. State with 23 doubles and three triples, while batting .306 with 11 homers and 60 RBIs in 62 games.

The selection by the Marlins was something of a surprise to Poulk.

"I actually had not heard anything from the Marlins before the draft,'' he said. "I might have filled out a (pre-draft) questionnaire, but that's about it.

"I wouldn't say it's a shock they took me because stuff like that happens all the time in the draft. I'm just happy to get the call. The Marlins sound good to me.''

Poulk signed with N.C. State after a stellar career at Pine Forest. He was a three-time all-league pick for the Trojans, including his senior year in 2006 when he hit .392 with a homer, four RBIs and 13 stolen bases.

He also produced a 9-3 record on the mound for Pine Forest.
          http://fayobserver.com/articles/2010...218?sac=Sports

6/10 - Dallas Poulk signed with the Marlins and will report to the Jamestown Jammers (SS-A) in Jamestown, NY
          http://www.packbaseball.com/

Signed

Comment

Working...
          X