Clear All

• Round 16 | Randy LeBlanc | RHP | Covington HS | NOT SIGNED

Discuss
    Sanchez life

Any relation to Matt LeBlanc?
    This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

Baseball America

LeBlanc has gone from unknown to a potential early-round pick this spring. After throwing 87-88 mph last summer and fall, he suddenly jumped to 90-92 mph and topped out at 94. He has a quick arm with more projection remaining in his lean 6-foot-5 frame. He has the makings of a good breaking ball for a second pitch, but he'll need polish. LeBlanc's changeup is in the rudimentary stages and he'll need to clean up his delivery. He flies open and falls off toward first base, giving hitters a good look at his pitches. Scouts agree that he has considerable upside, but they aren't sure whether he's ready for pro ball or would be better off heading to college for the next stage of his development. Originally committed to Louisiana State-Eunice JC, he drew the interest of several four-year schools this spring and accepted a scholarship from Tulane—which could make him a tough sign.
      --------------------
      Rated on Baseball America as the number 92 prospect in this years draft.

I like this pick if we sign him.
      Last edited by DropkickAlex; 06-08-2010, 03:50 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Originally posted by Fritz View Post
        Any relation to Matt LeBlanc?
        First think I thought of too
        LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

I think it's his brother. They are both from Louisiana.

Comment

Hope I am wrong but me thinks we just drafted him as a fallback option in case we can't sign Christian Yelich.

Comment

LeBlanc has shot up the draft rankings, going from an 87-88 MPH fastball last year, to a 90-92 MPH fastball that tops out at 94. He has a lean 6' 5" frame, with more projection that could allow him to add velocity. LeBlanc has the makings of a good breaking ball, but the pitch needs polish. He needs some work on his changeup, which is in the early stages. It sounds like LeBlanc will need some work, and he has a commitment to Tulane, which means he could fall in the draft and be harder to sign in the later rounds.

Read more: http://www.buccofans.com/2010/06/201...#ixzz0qMHY5VdA
              really hope we find a way to sign him
              Originally posted by Madman81
              Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
              Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Not a reliable but source but here it goes anyways.

Word I hear is that Leblanc's and the team's opening positions are so far apart, neither side is sure if they are even working with the same currency. We'll see when August rolls around...

http://www.yogwf.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=31175

Comment

LeBlanc committed to the Green Wave on April 27. In 71 1/3 innings pitched, the right-hander struck out 111 batters and had a 1.77 ERA with a 5-4 record.

LeBlanc was first-team All-District 7-5A.

Covington Coach Jeff Dragg said Wednesday afternoon he doesn't know what decision LeBlanc will make and that LeBlanc likely will negotiate with the Marlins during the summer.

"I don't know. That's up to him, " Dragg said. "He's probably got a number in his head as far as what he wants."
                  breaking news: he has a number in his head, probably

really just posted this to show his HS coach doesn't have an idea about his intentions

http://www.nola.com/tulane/index.ssf...aits_deci.html
                  Originally posted by Madman81
                  Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                  Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Covington pitcher Randy LeBlanc, who graduated from CHS last month, was taken by the Florida Marlins during the 16th round (pick 497).

LeBlanc, a first-team all-district selection, had a strong season, going 5-4 with a 1.77 earned run average, registering five complete games. He finished with 111 strikeouts and just 26 walks in 71 and one-third innings. He allowed just 54 hits while holding his opponents to a .197 batting average. He started 11 games and also earned a save in relief.

Currently, LeBlanc, a Tulane signee, is playing summer ball for the Louisiana Knights. At Thursday’s press time, he was 1-0 and had not surrendered a run in six and two-third innings.

LeBlanc, 6-4, 185 pounds, said he was listening to the draft on his computer when he saw his name pop up.

“The Marlins organization called me in the third round but they said I would have to come down on my signing bonus. I told them I wasn’t going to come down regarding the price,” LeBlanc said.

LeBlanc said he figured he would get drafted it just depended on where the selection would be.

“The Marlins plan on contacting me again in a week or so and I’ll have to make a decision.”

LeBlanc, nicknamed “Llama” by his teammates during his sophomore year, also made a major contribution at the plate, hitting .330 with four homers and 30 runs batted in.

LeBlanc said he has talked to Tulane pitching coach Jack Cressend on a regular basis since he signed with the Green Wave.

“Coach Cressend really wants me to be a part of the Tulane program, but he also understands that I will have a major decision to make fairly soon,” LeBlanc added.

Cressend, a former major league pitcher, who is entering his third season with the Green Wave, shared his thoughts on LeBlanc.

“Randy is a kid that has a very bright future. We are super excited he has signed with us. We feel he has an opportunity to become an impact pitcher right away,” Cressend said.

“I think it will be interesting to see how things turn out with him being drafted. If he decides to attend Tulane, I feel he would have a great chance to go in the first round if he continues to develop,” Cressend added.

LeBlanc described himself as a battler.

“I’m very competitive when I’m on the mound. I try to lock in and zone everything else out. I was able to grow and just committed myself to working my butt off to get better,” LeBlanc said.

LeBlanc said he wanted to play with the Knights again to continue to improve.

“It’s a step up from high school and I have an opportunity to face lots of college hitters,” LeBlanc said.

Covington High baseball coach Jeff Dragg talked about his ace being selected.

“I expected it to happen with the number of scouts that came out to see him play during his senior year. By far, he’s the best pitcher I’ve coached in my six years as a head coach and probably will be the best pitcher I’ve ever coached when it is all said and done,” Dragg said.

“Randy plays with a competitive spirit and always wants the ball,” Dragg added.

Dragg said in addition to LeBlanc being a fantastic baseball player he is an even better individual.

“Randy has worked extremely hard since he was a freshman. It’s a God given talent that he’s able to throw the baseball with the velocity that he does (topping out at 94 miles per hour),” said the CHS coach.
                    http://www.thesttammanynews.com/arti...2714223875.txt

Comment

Sounds like he wants about $500-650,000(2nd Rd Cash) to sign if they contacted him in the 3rd Rd and wanted his price to come down.

He is pitching in summer ball which means we can just wait him out till about August and see if he is worth it and we got enough cash left

Comment

Still hoping we sign him but his stats are kinda "average" for someone who wants to be paid early round money and playing in a not so talented league.

http://www.eteamz.com/louisianaknigh...sport=1&game=0

Comment

Very doubtful if he signs especially since Brice got $205,000

Comment

Hopefully the Marlins use the money saved from dealing Cantu to sign Randy Leblanc, Sam Bates/Taylor Ard, Mark Canha and Jonathan Crawford.

Comment

Damnit Loco. I saw you posted and got super excited.
                              Christian Yelich
                              LF, Greensboro Grasshoppers
                              12/5/1991 - 19 years old

.299/.375/.461/.836
                              100-334, 24 2B, 0 3B, 10 HR, 38 BB, 74 SO, 26 SB (4 CS)

------------------------------------

Last 10 Games:
                              .394/.512/.697/1.155

Last Update: 7/27/2011

Comment

Working...
                              X