X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aaron Senne, 1B

discuss
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Seems like a filler. Turning 23 later this year.

Comment

Not great but more than filler. Our Jupiter and below teams have no real power bats so gotta think we are gonna take a few more guys like this.

6'2 200lbs L/L 1B/OF

Minnesota took him in 13th Rd 3 years ago and was Co Big 12 POY this year
      Last edited by tjfla; 06-08-2010, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
        Not great but more than filler. Our Jupiter and below teams have no real power bats so gotta think we are gonna take a few more guys like this.

6'2 200lbs L/L 1B/OF
        Its kinda sad when we drafting players to win Florida State, Gulf Coast, NY Penn League's games.

Comment

picked by Twins in 13th round in 06
          --------------------
          Mizzou first baseman Aaron Senne is the Big 12 Co-Player of the Year, and he was named to the All-Big 12 first team for the third time.

The senior slugger is hitting .410, second best in the Big 12, and has 16 home runs and 56 RBI. Senne is Mizzou’s all-time leader in career hits and doubles, and he is in the top five in career home runs and RBI. He shares the award with Kansas State’s Nick Martini.
          http://livewire.missouri.edu/2010/05...2-co-playe.php

I don't think he's a slouch
          --------------------
          Aaron Senne has always dreamt of seeing his name in shining lights on the Metrodome scoreboard, as he led his home team, the Minnesota Twins, to victory.

Cut to March 2008. The Rochester, Minn. native stands at bat underneath the Metrodome lights, poised for the best game of his career. He will hit two home runs, tie a school record with eight RBI, and go 4-for-4 from the plate. However, he is not playing for his favorite Twins, although they drafted him out of high school. He is not even playing for his home state Minnesota Gophers, even though they recruited him. Senne stands in the Metrodome as a Missouri Tiger.

The opportunities that led Senne, a senior first baseman, to Mizzou were unexpected, but he has no regrets. He’s not in the majors; he’s not in the Big Ten. He’s a Big 12 baseball player and couldn’t be happier.

“It was difficult, because attending the University of Minnesota offered me a chance to stay close to home and close to my family and friends,” Senne said. “What really lured me to Mizzou was the opportunity to play in the Big 12 conference as well as the fact that I instantly fell in love with the school and the coaches here.”

Senne had his pick of schools to attend. Recruited by UCLA, Stanford, Nebraska, and his home-state University of Minnesota, among others, he had ample opportunities for the future after a stellar high school career. His career batting average of .505, 28 home runs, and 1.62 ERA helped propel his team to conference championships in 2004 and 2005, and earned him a spot on Street & Smith’s Top 50 Junior Prospects in the Nation list.

Senne also had looks from professional organizations. Before his freshman season at Mizzou, the Minnesota Twins selected him in the 13th round of the MLB draft. His decision to attend college instead, however, came with no regrets.

“Once or twice I’ve thought about what it would have been like to have signed a professional contract out of high school,” Senne said. “After the past 3 and a half years, I am very glad that I decided to come to school instead. The relationships I’ve made, the memories I will have forever, and the degree I am going to come out of here with are all very important to me and are a part of the college experience that I did not want to miss out on.”

As a freshman, Senne had to adjust quickly to the quick pace and competition, and made an instant impact on the team. He led the team in doubles (17), and came through in important situations for the Tigers, with home runs in each of the last two games of the NCAA Regional. Each year, he has continued to improve, and his expectations for the team have risen as well.

One thing that has been difficult for Senne and his teammates is the result of each of their NCAA Regional appearances. Although they have made it to the last seven, only one has resulted in a victory, something Senne thinks can change in his senior season.

“It has definitely been frustrating for me to not yet play past a regional tournament with some of the great teams that we’ve had,” Senne said. “That just shows that not only have you got to make the tournament but also get hot at the right time. I think the team that we have this year is very capable of moving past a regional tournament. We’re young and very talented, and I could definitely see us peaking at the right time.”

This Tigers team is certainly young—Senne is one of only two seniors on the team, and there are 13 freshmen on the team. This brings a freshness to the team that Senne thinks can help them over the course of the season, however.

“I like our team chemistry and youthfulness,” he said. “Everyone is playing for the team to win each game. When we start getting hot and our younger players get more comfortable at this level I think we could be a very dangerous team.”
          http://www.big12sports.com/ViewArtic...CLID=204913748
          Last edited by emkayseven; 06-08-2010, 02:43 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
          Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.

Comment

Originally posted by LocoMarlinFan View Post
            Its kinda sad when we drafting players to win Florida State, Gulf Coast, NY Penn League's games.
            I don't mean they are drafting guys to play there. Just mean we have No Depth down there which means a player like Senne could be up in Jupiter next year

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
              I don't mean they are drafting guys to play there. Just mean we have No Depth down there which means a player like Senne could be up in Jupiter next year
              Yea I know you didn't mean that, just saying we are drafting organizational guys way to early. A trend I am not liking.

Comment

Did it in last years draft too, which I think was just an abysmally bad draft. This years aint looking much difference. A draft filled with older college picks who dont cost much with the rare prep player thrown in.
                Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                Noah Perio
                Jupiter
                39 AB
                15 H
                0 2B
                0 3B
                0 HR
                0 BB
                .385/.385/.385

Comment

had a pretty damn good year statistically

39 walks, 28 strike outs in 255 PA = both solid

.333 ISO = good power

Comment

Senne projected as a possible third-round pick before the 2009 season, but he dropped all the way to the Twins in the 32nd round after catching draftitis and batting .305 with six homers. After remaking his stance by coming out of a crouch and lowering his hands, he batted .400 with 16 home runs this spring and established himself as a quality senior sign. Missouri's all-time leader in hits, doubles, extra-base hits and total bases, Senne is a 6-foot-2, 199-pounder with lefthanded power. He played right field in his first three seasons with the Tigers and has more than enough arm for the position. He doesn't run well or take good routes, however, so he moved to first base in 2010.
                    from BA

Comment

COLUMBIA — Aaron Senne is ready.

On Tuesday, Senne was drafted in the tenth round — 317th overall — by the Florida Marlins after hitting .400 with 16 home runs and 59 RBI last season as a senior for the University of Missouri.

“I’m going to miss this place,” Senne said. “But I have to turn the page and start a new chapter.”

Senne was one of five MU players who were drafted. Junior Brett Nicholas was the highest MU player taken in the sixth round by the Texas Rangers. Nicholas Tepesch was also taken by the Rangers in the 14th round. Michael Liberto was taken in the 21st round by the Kansas City Royals. The last Tiger drafted was Tyler Clark who went to the Detroit Tigers in the 25th round.

Despite all of the success he’s experienced in high school and college, Senne knows he has a lot to prove as a professional baseball player.

“I have to go in there and start over,” he said. “I need to make a name for myself just as I did here.”

Senne, working without an agent as of Wednesday, plans to sign with the Marlins within the week. The specific details haven’t been worked out in his contract, but he expects he’ll begin by playing in the New York-Penn League, which is a short-season A League that primarily features players, like Senne, who have just come out of college.

Unlike the NBA or NFL getting drafted in the MLB means the start of a long journey with, more than likely, several years traveling up the ranks of the minor leagues.

“At the Marlins I’ll be playing for a business,” Senne said. “They want to produce guys to help them in the big league. They’re thinking of the big picture.”

“I’ve always grown up playing for the team, trying to win for the team,” the Big 12 co-player of the year said. While that mentality won't change, Senne understands there will be one fundamental difference.

“You could be on the couch one day and the next day you might be on an a different team. You never know where you’re going to play the next day.”

“The only thing you can do is go out, play hard everyday and have fun.”

Senne is a little nervous about adjusting to the major leagues, but he says he is more confident than ever.

“I know I have what it takes,” he said. “I know that more now than in high school.”

Two things really drive Senne as an athlete.

The first is being a part of a team. Senne tries to be the most complete team player he can be, and favors team success over personal accolades. No. 1 goal is to win championships.

The taste of defeat is the other thing that drives Senne to succeed. Bitter memories of failure date as far back as his days playing travel youth baseball.

“There was a championship game where in the last inning of the game, the last hit sailed over my head and it eventually cost us the game.”

“I remember that like it was yesterday.”

When talking about his 2010 baseball season, one where he was recognized as one of the top players in the country, he mostly sees what he did wrong, not what he did right.

“I look back and I say, I should have gotten a hit there, shouldn’t have had that error, should have hit that ball out.”

Head Coach Tim Jamieson says these characteristics of Senne are what make him such a special baseball player.

“He has the right approach and attitude,” Jamieson said. “He knows what it takes, he’s willing to do what it takes and he has talent on top of all that.”

“That’s why I love baseball, you can never be perfect,” Senne said. “There’s always something to improve on and you can never be satisfied with where you’re at.”

In the highly competitive and cutthroat business of professional baseball, Senne is going to need a mentality like that to get him to the big leagues, a place where he thinks he belongs.

“I want to make it to the big leagues as fast as I can,” Senne said. “I know I have what it takes to make it to the top.”
                      love the kid's mentality

http://www.columbiamissourian.com/st...dy-next-level/
                      --------------------
                      Aaron Senne was going out with his brother to celebrate on Tuesday night.

Because after being drafted by a Major League Baseball team for the third time in his life, this time the Rochester native figures to sign a professional contract.

Senne was drafted by the Minnesota Twins in the 13th round following his senior season at Mayo High in 2006. Senne was again drafted by the Twins, in the 32nd round, in 2009 after his junior college season at Missouri. Each time Senne decided against turning pro.

On Tuesday afternoon, Senne was selected in the 10th round of the amateur draft by the Florida Marlins.

"It's different," Senne said. "I was hoping they (the Twins) would get me again, but I knew it wasn't a very good shot."

There is a very strong chance that Senne will sign with the Marlins, however. It's just a matter of when. He is coming off a stellar senior season, and career, at Missouri. As a senior, Senne batted .400 for the Tigers with 16 home runs and 59 RBIs. He was the Big 12 co-player of the year and was a third-team All-American.

"I'm sure we'll work a deal out," Senne said of joining the Marlins franchise.

He was one of five Missouri players drafted Tuesday. The left-handed hitting and throwing first baseman/outfielder has yet to hire a agent and he doesn't have a timetable in which to sign his pro contract. But when he does sign, Senne figures to play for the Marlins' short-season team in Jamestown, N.Y. The Jamestown team plays in the New York Penn League, which features 2010 drafted players. That league usually begins playing toward the end of June.

Senne played first base at Missouri for the first time this spring. He said the Marlins didn't indicate to him if he would be an infielder or outfielder.

"It gives me a couple of different options," he said.

The 22-year-old is currently in Missouri training at the college campus. Tuesday night he was content to enjoy the moment with his older brother.

"I'm sure once I head out there it will sink in," Senne said. "So far it doesn't feel any different."

Senne concluded his career at Missouri as the school's all-time leader in career hits, doubles, extra-base hits and total bases. He is also in the top five on the school's career home runs, RBI, at-bats, slugging percentage and walks lists.
                      http://www.postbulletin.com/newsmana...?z=28&a=456253
                      Last edited by emkayseven; 06-10-2010, 07:02 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Signed for 25,000

http://www.baseballamerica.com/draft....php?team=1027

Comment

.333/.400/.448 in 96 abs. 11:11 K/BB rate. Not much power so far with the switch to the wood but he's having a solid season. I'd like to see him get a shot with Greensboro by years end though with his advanced age.
                          "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                          - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

Working...
                          X