X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Orleans: Robert Morey, RHP

discuss
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

We got two of them???1
    poop

Comment

Ah, delete mine sir. The pick isn't to bad.

I've read he has control problems though.

Comment

Yay, pitching!

Comment

The CBB continues our countdown for the 2010 College Baseball season by checking in on the Top 100 Players in the country. We will be providing one player per day until we reach number 1.

We continue the list today with number 85 in our countdown with Virginia junior RHP Robert Morey. He is from Virginia Beach, Virginia and attended Cape Henry High School. He was a Four-time TCIS First-Team All-Conference member while having a 0.72 ERA with 129 strikeouts (2.26 K/9 IP) as senior.

His first season with the Cavaliers in 2008 saw him appear in 16 games (all in relief) accumulating a 2-0 record including two saves with a 6.51 ERA. He struggled with his control as he walked 17 batters and had five wild pitches in only 27.2 innings of work. He played the summer of 2008 with the Newport Gulls of the NECBL where he went 0-1 with a 3.38 ERA in 21.1 innings.

Morey had a breakout season in 2009 as he got into 18 games (9 starts) as he had a 3-0 record with a 3.33 ERA. He transitioned to the starting rotation near the end of the season where he had a few outstanding starts for example against Boston College on April 19th. (Full Article). He finished the season with 67.2 innings pitched with 84 strikeouts while holding opponents to a .210 batting average against. In the summer of 2009, Morey pitched for the Bourne Braves where he pitched in 6 games (5 starts) with a record of 3-1 and an ERA of 4.44.

I had an opportunity to see his great start against Boston College and one of his appearances in the College World Series. Morey sits at about 94-95 with his fastball and really was able to spot it against BC. If he can show more of his great stuff like he had on April 19th, then Morey will move up higher in many draft circles. He also needs to work on his control somewhat and just be more confident on the mound.
          http://thecollegebaseballblog.com/20...orey-virginia/
          Originally posted by Madman81
          Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

104. Virginia JR RHP Robert Morey: 88-92; peak 94-94; quality low-80s SL; below-average 75-78 CB (4.25 FIP; 7.90 K/9; 3.40 BB/9)

From Baseball Draft Report
            --------------------
            [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okf_9RJbQuM&feature=channel[/ame]
            Last edited by DropkickAlex; 06-08-2010, 01:21 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Goes by Bullet Bob Morey!!

Gotta Love that name

Comment

"I don't know if Morey's on that kind of radar screen yet, but I think he's going to be a first-round pick next year. I saw a lot of velocity as well as the good slider."

-Baseball America

Maybe we got something here.

Comment

Originally posted by DropkickAlex View Post
                  "I don't know if Morey's on that kind of radar screen yet, but I think he's going to be a first-round pick next year. I saw a lot of velocity as well as the good slider."

-Baseball America

Maybe we got something here.
                  From how long ago was that?

They didn't have him as one of the top 200 prospects and also said his velocity drops quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by LocoMarlinFan View Post

They didn't have him as one of the top 200 prospects and also said his velocity drops quickly.
                    I'll link it, one sec.

I can't find it now, shit. It was a page that had scouting reports on Cal State Fullerton, Louisville and Virginia
                    Last edited by DropkickAlex; 06-08-2010, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Nothing really new about the draft for us other than no HS arms

Cishek,Mahoney,Andrelczyk all RP taken around 5th Rd

Comment

Originally posted by LocoMarlinFan View Post

June 4, 2009, so a year ago

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today...09/268283.html

Comment

Thanks nny.

Comment

JR RHP Robert Morey (2010) will, if nothing else, always have a big win over Stephen Strasburg in the opener of the 2009 Irvine Regional. Fortunately for him, however, he won’t have to limit himself to that one particular game when someday regaling his grandkids about his playing days. A low-90s fastball, above-average slider, and an emerging straight changeup, plus his status as the Saturday starter for a championship caliber college team, should get him into the top ten rounds this June as a future back of the rotation starter.
                            http://baseballdraftreport.com/2010/...nia-cavaliers/
                            "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                            - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

I've seen him pitch a few times. Not bad. He's got some nice stuff.

Comment

Working...
                              X