Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kris Harvey, Jose Ceda, and Kyle Winters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kris Harvey, Jose Ceda, and Kyle Winters?

I know all three are currently on the DL but does anybody know if they are close to returning?

Jose Ceda and Kris Harvey are already on the 40man roster and I got to imagine they are DFA candidates in a case of a trade or Mike Stanton / Logan Morrison call-ups.

So pitching coordinator Wayne Rosenthal was in town to watch Andrew Miller and he and I talked for a few innings and here's the deal.

Jose Ceda: Shoulder is still bothering him, same injury he had surgery on last year. He threw once this year in extended but complained a day later. He is suppose to throw again today or tomorrow. No one should be optimistic about him. He may be the next Travis Bowyer.

Sean West: He's having back issues. He's starting to throw again, expect him back in New Orleans (baring any setbacks) around June 10.

Kris Harvey: He had some knee problems which have kept him out so far this season. He's been throwing, not on the mound though, the entire time. Should be back in Jacksonville sometime in June.
    --------------------
    Oh and Winters is out for the year with Tommy John Surgery.
    Last edited by Miamarlin21; 05-19-2010, 11:33 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
    LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

As for being DFA candidates. Ceda is one. Harvey, not yet. Also someone to consider is Brett Sinkbeil as a big candidate to be taken off the roster.

Also note, the Marlins are one under the limit right now, so they can add one more person before having to take someone off.

Comment

Sink has had a solid month of May so far.
        "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
        - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

What does all this mean as far as roster shakeups

Comment

Other (possible) injury question: Looks like Matthew Montgomery was hit by a hit ball yesterday. He left the game after pitching just 3.2 effective innings. Looking at the game play-by-play, you get this:

# Brian Kemp singles on a line drive to pitcher Matthew Montgomery.
            # Pitcher Change: Ramon Benjamin replaces Matthew Montgomery.

So yeah, sounds like a batted ball hit him. Is he fine or ?

Google doing nothing for me.

Comment

Originally posted by nny View Post
              Other (possible) injury question: Looks like Matthew Montgomery was hit by a hit ball yesterday. He left the game after pitching just 3.2 effective innings. Looking at the game play-by-play, you get this:

# Brian Kemp singles on a line drive to pitcher Matthew Montgomery.
              # Pitcher Change: Ramon Benjamin replaces Matthew Montgomery.

So yeah, sounds like a batted ball hit him. Is he fine or ?

Google doing nothing for me.
              I don't know. I don't know any guys on Greensboro roster so your guess is as good as mine.

Comment

Working...
              X